Running Bear's June 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy: What local industry uses acid based chemicals in their production. Both the white and the gray have acid placards on them.

The Procor car carries hydrochloric acid (1789), and the Hooker Chemical tanker carries sodium hydroxide (1824). I'm thinking that these loads are probably used in the pulp/paper industry, and we also have a glossy paper mill. The only other option would be that the chemicals are used in the oil/gas industry, which we have extensively in the area. We have no big city type manufacturing plants here.

It certainly is a welcome sight to see a few more regular folks sneaking back in the door. I want this place back to normal ASAP! FLO, FRANCINE, GRACE, and MEL feel the same way. MEL's had just about reached the point of starting to lay some of the ladies off, and he was not looking forward to that happening.

GUY - My sincere condolences to you. Thank you for sharing that with me as I really know that those thoughts are with you forever.
I have had a dog - most of the time several - for the past 60 years and after going through what you did -- I just could not do that again! Several of mine had to be put down for medical reasons and several died after a normal life, but I can tell you that I remember every one of them. I would say that I am more sentimental now that I realize that my time too is slowly coming to a close because these two really got to me!
Love the loco and freightcar photos; I look at those rails and wonder how the heck do those huge and heavy locos stay on the tracks!

Louis - either you are up early, or very late? Good to see you - as always. Kate and I watched the Congressional baseball game tonight. They do a pretty fair job - I was surprised.

Patrick - welcome back!

Still no news at this time from the 'Big Guy'. lol

Have a wonderful day Everybody!
1686809705690.png

Welp, Howdy there internet peeps and those who like train pics

It's Troy again.

Got the brand new 3D printer going last night after the old died. Did my first test print of mini-buddha. it came out swell.

mini-buddha.jpg

Then I printed the tool caddy file that came with the printer. FDM (Fillament) Printers come with a lot of Allen wrenches, and the manufacturer was nice enough to include a 3D file to print a little caddy to hold them all.

caddy.jpg

So, then I went to print off a large handle I could add to one of the covers in the other side of the 3d Printing. My UV Curing station comes with a cube-ish shaped hood that has to be lifted up to be removed. A large handle bolted to the top would be good. Been meaning to do that for a while.

And then this happened:
FAIL.jpg

Did you spot the problem?

that blue cloth that I keep hanging above the printer station fell and got rolled into the track the print head rides on. Which made the printer shift the print to the far side. Wasted a dollar or so of filament. It's being reprinted now.

Good Morning All!
54F @ 78% and dark.

Did you catch the news about the Amazon delivery guy? Apparently he rang the doorbell and heard some kind of racial slur. Called his dispatch whom called somebody higher up. That resulted in Amazon shutting down his Alexa. Big Brother ... right? The thing is Alexa also controlled most/parts of his house which shut down various things, Lights is what they mention, did not say anything about Heat/AC or if the door(s) got unlocked or not, or what ever else was in the mix. Come to find out the homeowner was not there so who knows what the driver heard as he did have a headset on. Amazon's spokesman said something like "At Amazon, we strive to give our customers a friendly environment when using any of our devices; and stated Alexa was shutdown by mistake". Then kinda apologized to the customer. What? What if Amazon determines that they do not like Red cars, and if Video Doorbell sees one in your driveway with you getting out, they shut you down? A whole myriad of crap could happen here. On top of that, what about security? Most people do not have a clue about securing any of their devices/computer or even that WiFi enabled refer, so hackers *could* get into your devices and have their way with the house ( and you ). Alexa does call home you know?

Which also brings up those EFI chips in your new(er) PC that Micro$oft ( and others ) want. The OS reads those chips on boot and somehow determines if your hard drive has been tampered with. If it has, the OS tells you about that and will not bring up the Desktop. Guess what? Windows update can read/write to those chips of which Micro$oft can decide you can not have W11 for free anymore and not allow a boot until you fork over $$$. Well, Micro$oft is an upstanding company and would not do that, right? IBM DOS was pirated and converted into MS DOS many moons ago. So their track record is not all that good.

And we do not even want to talk about all those Chinese devices you have; many of those call home too.

Maybe Later!

Good morning. I think I've decided to survive my bout of Montezuma's Revenge.
In the meantime, I see everything here went to hell in a handbasket. Some people have responded in a mature manner to recent events. Others, not so much.
As of this writing, we have not heard from Bob, and wish him the best after losing his friend.

Good morning. I think I've decided to survive my bout of Montezuma's Revenge.
In the meantime, I see everything here went to hell in a handbasket. Some people have responded in a mature manner to recent events. Others, not so much.
As of this writing, we have not heard from Bob, and wish him the best after losing his friend.
Terry: Welcome back to the ( not so crappy ) world! Yes, stuff has settled down quite a bit and looks to be getting back to normal. From what I have seen, most of the self exiled folks are back; I was one.

We did the Montezuma's Revenge stuff a few Christmas's back. Turkey got us. Anyway, 3 of us in the household were down and out for almost 4 days. What a bunch of crap that was! Remember to consume some yogart to get your biologicals back in order.

Later!

Morning all,

1686829055294.png

Just a gift from the archive.

Currently 60° and clear, high of 88° later. Possibility of storms later.

Had a Microsoft engineer fix my work email issue. I had a failure between Exchange 365 (Cloud version of email) and my Active Directory account not meshing. Seems that while I owned the initial domain in Microsoft, it caused an admin issue, so I could receive email sent to me directly, but couldn't get email from any internal address lists. Engineer from China fixed the issue. Actually spoke clearer English than many from call centers in other places.

I’m up

what sort of trouble will I get into today?

I don't know the day is still young. ;)

BBL

Terry: Welcome back to the ( not so crappy ) world! Yes, stuff has settled down quite a bit and looks to be getting back to normal. From what I have seen, most of the self exiled folks are back; I was one.
TERRY - Been wondering where you were hiding ... Glad to see that you are still on the "green side"!
I thought you were just hiding from all the drama? Sorry for your bout ... Hope that you are feeling much better!

TODD - Am I going to have to trip the main house breaker to stop the spying - phone, computer Alexa, toaster and vacuum cleaner -- beginning to wonder.
On the other hand I am thinking of a Presidential Run ... everyone else is!

TERRY - Been wondering where you were hiding ... Glad to see that you are still on the "green side"!
I thought you were just hiding from all the drama? Sorry for your bout ... Hope that you are feeling much better!

TODD - Am I going to have to trip the main house breaker to stop the spying - phone, computer Alexa, toaster and vacuum cleaner -- beginning to wonder.
On the other hand I am thinking of a Presidential Run ... everyone else is!
Get both an Alexa and a Google or Apple spy for your home. Let them fight over who gets to control what.

Should be entertaining, and frustrate the AIs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back