Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last night I got home and did my laundry after emptying my suitcase etc. I had a little dinner then I realized I was tired. So I had a night cap early and called it. I didn't have the energy to sit and post pictures. I think I will tonight. Sorry about that!

At the office today to play catch up and review a few things.

Ya'll have a good day!
Thee is no pressure to post, it should be because you enjoy it, not because you feel pressured, relax, we’ll catch up when your ready

Afternoon all,

Had a package delivered priority to the house. Problem is it isn't ours or for us. Sent from an office supply business in Tulsa, OK to a fancy steakhouse in Oklahoma City. FedEx relabeled to our address near Wichita, KS. We're 171 miles north east of where it is needed. Several other labels all over it as to where it was SUPPOSED to go. I called the sending company as it doesn't fit anything we have. They are sending me a label to get it back.

Last edited:
Good morning. I am bummed about the Covid testing and the positive result. I wasn’t going to take another test. I had tested for Covid on Fri., Sat and Sunday. Then because the doctors office called I did the test again Tuesday. I am Double vaccinated and have both boosters. I am high risk, cancer survivor twice, stroke survivor, a diabetic, elevated blood pressure and 69 yrs. old.

I go Wednesday at 5:30pm for an infusion that I cannot remember the name of. Because I had what I thought and felt like was a strong cold I don’t qualify for the pills. That must be done within 5 days. I argued that I was testing negative. They were more interest when I 1st got sick.

I will pull the name of infusion off MyChart in the morning.

Terry was planning on flying home Thursday and to be here Friday but will stay until I clear the protocol.

Willie’s line that Hospitals are a cesspool of germs is so correct.

Pictures?
412C98E6-9276-4E8B-8A61-D8E38CA7526D.jpeg
5E804F01-7F76-4886-B1D0-C1DEED47C4FA.jpeg

Well, howdy there internet people, it's Troy again

Calling from powerless Fort Wayne IN

Well, most of our area has power. Except the southwest side. Outside temp is currently 82°fk

Basement in our condo is still at 71° F... even with wife, myself and the cat sleeping down there. Main level is 81 and upper level is 82° (27.7 for those of you in Centigrade land)

It's supposed to fall another five degrees before the sunrise, so I just opened windows on the top level, hoping to catch some of that drop.

Today's mission is to find ice. We've written of the dairy products and condiments in the fridge. Bags of frozen veggies are probably next to go. As of last night all meat was still frozen. I need to either ice it or cook it.

We've got two more days of hot weather. And two more days of no power, according to the power company.

Wife's sister has a well-filled fridge, and is a vegetarian, so I'm hesitant to drop off a bunch of raw meat there. I may have to. Ice could be tough to find.

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 3.10.01 AM.png

Blue lines are the power company's coverage area. We're under the orange side of the dot that partially covers FORT in the Fort Wayne.

That's enough internet usage for now. I'll check in again once I get out to coffee this morning.

Ugh - - calling for a high of 97F (36C) in Minneapolis today. Way too hot for us snowbirds. Gonna make the day's nine holes a little less fun. But still going. No kilt today, though. Even with a wool blend, don't need 2-1/2 pounds strapped of material around my waist!

Not much done in the train room. Still rethinking my loop-interior. But I do have a tech problem:

I have to get to these light bulbs and change them. One is burnt-out. I will change them to daylight LEDs and will do both at the same time - but I have to get to them. Any ideas? Wife suggested cutting a hole from the closet and covering it.
View attachment 147216
View attachment 147217
View attachment 147218

Yes, I knew that would be a problem when I put that deck all the way back into that alcove - - but since I had not changes those bulbs in six years, was hoping the problem would be a ways out yet. But alas . . . So any ideas helpful.

I am thinking a sheet of plywood laid over the track and cut around the roundhouse. That should distribute the weight enough to prevent damage to the foam base, but will it damage/move the tracks?

Well, whilst you cogitate upon that, here's a rare garden pic for me:

View attachment 147219
The peonies are looking nice this year. Though today's 97F will no doubt put the hurt on them.
Steve - if the grabber on a stick does not work, ya might make some permanent AND easy to get to/reach. Since it looks that those lights are only for railroad light how about a "patio light" of sorts attached to the wall where you can reach to change the bulb? If you can do electrical, you can probably install some 14/2 romax and make the connection pretty. This way you will only have to clear the layout *once*. Ifn you can't do electrical, remember those older swag lamps? You put in a screw in plug thingies then connect the light.

Morning from the office.

Attempted too load a new cert in the firewall, didn't take. So now I'm at the mercy of vendors who don't seem to know what to do either.
Manufacturer is worthless as their instructions are vague and they are no help at this point. Times I hate my job.

Supposed to be less hot (95°) instead of 100°, with a cold front coming through late this afternoon with a possibility of storms as it comes through. Temps remaining in the mid 90's the rest of the week and through the weekend.

BBL

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 77°, expecting 95° later today. We've survived the "heat dome" for now, Mother Nature only managed 94° yesterday. I don't think that Patrick's cold front is going to make it this far, Oklahoma is going to steal it away.

Daughter and SIL came by yesterday evening to pick up the granddog, so that dependent is out of the way. Other than puking twice in the house last Wednesday she wasn't a real hassle.
With the slightly cooler temperatures, some cloud cover and wind, I was able to do some mowing yesterday The grass and weeds still grow despite going two weeks without rain. I am still waiting on most of the tomatoes to turn red. I get about a dozen Cherry tomatoes every day, but only a dozen large ones since June 1. There's probably 750 green ones out there just waiting to ripen all at once for me to can. Tried to give my daughter some Yellow Squash yesterday, but she said that they don't eat it. Most likely she really cannot cook it!

In about ten days or so, we will be headed out to San Antonio for my grandson's christening. I was informed yesterday that there is a dress code at the restaurant after the christening, jacket and slacks! I no longer own either and my suit is sized for someone 50 pounds heavier. The downside of losing weight. I have to go out today or tomorrow and purchase some clothing, which will have to be altered as I have short legs at 29". I could just use safety pins!:( That restaurant is a rather ritzy private place that his FIL is a member of.

Thanks for the comments, votes and likes regarding yesterday's post; Karl, Tom O, Sherrel, Guy, Smudge, Chad, Hughie, Louis, OB Ken, Curt, Gary, Joe, Tom, Patrick, Rick, Mikey.

While I mainly ran trains again yesterday out in the train shed, I did get a chance to do a very small project. Part of the Miniprints order was some Adirondack Chairs that I had primered earlier. It was simple enough to then brush paint the first two red.
IMG_1108.JPG

I have only seen them in red or white, but I am sure that they come in other colors. The other two will remain white. In the background you can see them along with a lawn chair that I will tackle next. That's the only picture this morning, I will be posting others over in the Western Wednesday thread in a little bit.

Steve J - Have you tried a ladder with the steps facing the layout side? Plywood with a hole in it? That's why I make all of my structures removable.
Guy - I have posted before that you don't have to post pictures to visit the Coffee Shop. Just drop by and say hi.
Tom O - Really a bummer about the Covid.
Curt - Be prepared for raccoon damage soon.
Chad - Your Covid post yesterday was well thought out. If I was younger and didn't fit into four high-risk groups, I would feel the same way. But the vaccine is free and we just feel safer and have had no known side effects. I have only had one booster and will most likely not get the second. So far we have not contracted the virus. I do exercise precautions and wore a mask the entire time I was in the hospital two weeks ago. As a matter of record, I do not get flu shots and have never had the flu.
Mikey -
Willie- I vote for the thong bikini, your vision is no longer good enough to paint a string bikini on her.
Wanna bet??? Stay tuned.
Sherrel - When you first posted about the election, I misread the word!

Today is Beer Day in the UK, I'll celebrate over here later on. I read recently why a "pint" is so important in their country, it is an Imperial Pint which is 20 oz instead of our 16 oz pint.:)
Everybody have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back