Show Your Work Area

Chet
That's the way we want to see it - like it's being used, like your in the middle of a project. It's boring to look at a neat, clean bench with everything put away.
Like Rick Dale said - You can see a man's passion, if you look at his work bench.

Very nice, Gary. I like how everything is around you. The 3 or 4 work stations is a good idea.
I like how you have part of the layout coming through!
Very nice set-up!
Thanks Max. Actually having that much space I keep forgetting where I laid things down. I've been trying but it usually never looks this clean for long.
I have to be careful doing any pounding on the bench (once a bar) to the right, since behind it is my city of Neenah, and it suffers earthquakes when I do
DSCF5091.JPG

Thanks for all of your photos. I really appreciate it.
When I go to visit a friend or even a first time acquaintance, I would rather hang-out in the garage or in their basement, to BS. As a life-long tool & machinery addict, a DIYer, I feel most comfortable in these areas as opposed to sitting in the living room or kitchen, and in turn, I get to know that person better.
The statement Rick Dale (American Restoration) said on his show, really "hit home" for me - (you can see a man's passion if you look at his work bench).
Thanks again for all the photos!

Here are the two benches in the man-cave. The first is my primary workbench, the second is where I do my painting. The paint booth can be put under the bench if I need the room for something else. I've actually cleaned these up quite a bit!
001.JPG

002.JPG

Thanks, Jim! The benches aren't really home built. Well, I guess I did build them at home, but they are kits from Menards. https://www.menards.com/main/tools-...1-c-19492.htm?tid=-3172463840390092728&ipos=8
I did build the frame on the back for the pegboard and light fixture. I had to replace a couple of the 2x6's for the top, they were shaped like an airplane propeller! I've been real happy with them overall.
The paint booth details are here: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/building-an-airbrush-paint-booth.30780/
I understand your username, for I am also a "max diyer"!

That looks like a turntable in the booth. :cool: Now you got me wanting to build a paint booth! I really like your design and will have to put it on my "Build List".

As for my username. I was nicknamed that on the very first forum, I was ever on. It was small board with 20 - 30 members, about home repair and woodworking. I made a lot of posts and other members started calling me: max diyer. So I decided to make it my username.

I wouldn't dare show a photo of my modeling work area since it is a mess. My real work shop follows since the Mrs. has a habit of just dropping items on the bench and not hanging them up where they belong and I just don't bother to clean it up which I will in the winter.

Actually, like the photo above of MikeGTW's desk, I also have a desk and when I pull out the center drawer, I have a piece of paneling that I set on the drawer for a clean and uncluttered work area. When finished, I storage the paneling next to the desk.

Overhead lights and a desk lamp with a goose neck provides illumination.

PS: I see Mike like's to use telephone cable like the coil on the lower right of the photo. I like to buy the cable and use the individual wires found inside for accessory wiring.

I'll have to post mine when I can. It looks much the same as most here. Actually my layout tables are where most of the mess is currently. I was offered a 6 ft table to put under my bench work, but no room to sit at it. The basement seems to be a storage area for stuff SWMBO doesn't want to either see or get rid of.

That desk came out of a rr depot that was going to be torn down so I claimed it There are two of those pull outs one on each side built in to the desk they come in handy and that phone cable comes in handy here's the other side the other wall is just shelves of stuff to do

DSC_0050.JPG

Back