Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, super busy at work but manage to get a few minutes in reading posts. Took more like 15.

THANKS for the advice with the computer. I also called the service rep and googled the problem and find that it happens to all types of computers. I allready tried everything suggested. I can go in and change some settings but WINDOWS will not boot.

Service rep says I had a "memory leak". It is a 5 year old computer which he says is old. Maybe in the computer world, but the d*** thing should have lasted longer.

WELL off to shop for a new computer.

GREG-- sounds like we had the same grill. On another note, I like the crane scene

WILLIE-- I like the tire shack

PATRICK-- I enjoy the progress on the grandsons train

CHET-- glad to hear from you again

BEADY-- I always drive like an old man. Still managed to get a couple speeding tickets in my life. Remember them very clearly.

Pictures will be coming when I find my card reader.

more later, Dave

THANKS for the advice with the computer. I also called the service rep and googled the problem and find that it happens to all types of computers. I allready tried everything suggested. I can go in and change some settings but WINDOWS will not boot.

Service rep says I had a "memory leak". It is a 5 year old computer which he says is old. Maybe in the computer world, but the d*** thing should have lasted longer.

WELL off to shop for a new computer.

Uhm, what was the problem again? I must have forgotten or missed the original post. A "memory leak" will not spontaneously appear and will not cause Windows to not boot. If a component of Windows has a memory leak, it could cause a started boot to slow down, or even abort (or a running system to have similar issues).

A "memory leak" is a software problem, introduced in the programming of the software, where a program allocates memory and does not clean it up correctly, so it keeps allocating new memory without freeing up the used and no longer needed memory until all the memory has been claimed by the program, even if it cannot properly use it. (Which is why it is called a "leak").

I think the "service rep" doesn't have a clue on what he is talking about.

I have been a software engineer since the late 80s and have some experience with "memory leaks".

Was 76* this morning. Now 93* and ,of course, HUMID. Missed getting on the forum yesterday , paying for it today. Three pages behind
After coffee did yard work, showered and drove to primary Dr. office. everything o.k. And yes I drove- old fart tho I may be, 83years and counting, I'm still driving.
Wish all a pleasant evening- Prayers for all
Phil

BE AWARE THAT CLERKS AND SECRETARIES RUN THE WORLD AND OWN RUBBER STAMPS THAT CAN TURN YOUR LIFE INTO A BROKEN TOILET.

Tamales, when made well, are quite good, in my opinion. I've not had bean based ones, but have had beef and chicken based ones that were really good.
Never had a bean tamale either. Pork is also very good. I'm not sure what Louis was referring to this morning, but it sounded more like a homemade bean burrito that was made by someone who wasn't a good cook. Bean burritos from the local taco trucks are excellent.

Never had a bean tamale either. Pork is also very good. I'm not sure what Louis was referring to this morning, but it sounded more like a homemade bean burrito that was made by someone who wasn't a good cook. Bean burritos from the local taco trucks are excellent.

Pork would be excellent. The description of the "wrapping" made us both think of tamale. We'll never know. Now I am getting hungry.

Good afternoon.

Willie .... I like your gas station ..... Thanks for commenting on the rock strata. (I almost said 'Thanks for commenting on my rocks', but changed it. Beady would have razzed me if I said that. LOL )

Louis .... I think others answered your quest as to what is NWSL. ... I have a couple of their tools for cutting material when building models. Also, I purchased from them a kit to re-power my Bachmann doodlebug which works extremely well. ... They sell high quality gears, wheels, etc. for model trains.
I just got out boat back from teh mechanic. He replaced a bad alternator. Hopefully, we still have a few weeks remaining for boating.

Everybody ....... Have a nice evening.

You know back in 2005 when I shipped to basic training at Ft. Benning, GA I thought that was the hottest, nastiest, heat I'd ever come across. Then of course I went to Texas after basic. The heat was worse temperature wise but the humidity was non-existent. I always told myself that I'm glad it never gets this hot back home. This week has got to be the hottest days I've encountered! It's been pushing 100° every day this week. I mean I know it's summer and all but geez with the heat! It can just go on somewhere. Ok my gripe is over. I have a mixed bag of pics to share with y'all. Hope everyone is doing well. I'll stop in again soon hopefully.
6co7429doublingtrainovertocoalrunyard-asf.jpg

Xbb023.jpg
002046.jpg

You know back in 2005 when I shipped to basic training at Ft. Benning, GA I thought that was the hottest, nastiest, heat I'd ever come across. Then of course I went to Texas after basic. The heat was worse temperature wise but the humidity was non-existent. I always told myself that I'm glad it never gets this hot back home. This week has got to be the hottest days I've encountered! It's been pushing 100° every day this week. I mean I know it's summer and all but geez with the heat! It can just go on somewhere. Ok my gripe is over. I have a mixed bag of pics to share with y'all. Hope everyone is doing well. I'll stop in again soon hopefully.
View attachment 38814
View attachment 38815View attachment 38816
Don't worry: Winter Is Coming. A couple of our trees are already dumping leaves.

I don't think Louis had a tamale .. sounds to me as if it were a "bean burrito"

Could be. However, except the bean part, "Cooked beans wrapped in soft corn flour," sounds like a tamale. I would assume Louis knows what a tortilla is and would have said so. Tamales are wrapped in a soft corn meal layer. And if you Google "bean tamale" you get lots of hits, so such things exist.

Not to belabor the topic. Based on this discussion, I made myself an egg/cut-up-ham/well-cooked-pepper-jack-cheese-/-mexican-cheese-blend "soft taco" for breakfast, with a little habanero sauce, and it was delicious. Overcook the cheese until the stuff that flows off the top of the egg/ham gets a little chewy. Mmm...

I always thought of a tamale as being "rolled" whereas a burrito is "wrapped"?

Wife just made Tacos for the G-son and I - delish!

Tamales have the soft corn meal wrapping or covering, and it is usually thicker than a tortilla. They are often then wrapped in a corn husk. Maybe they are steamed? Never made them. Just ate them.

Burritos are wrapped in a tortilla of some sort (I am most familiar with flour tortillas for burritos but won't claim to be an expert).

Tamales have the soft corn meal wrapping or covering, and it is usually thicker than a tortilla. They are often then wrapped in a corn husk. Maybe they are steamed? Never made them. Just ate them.

Burritos are wrapped in a tortilla of some sort (I am most familiar with flour tortillas for burritos but won't claim to be an expert).
Si, Si, Senor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back