Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone.............overcast and again back to cold weather.

My Rapido Budd Car car came yesterday and wow is it long at a scale 85 feet. I'll do a review of it after I test run the Silver Beauty. It will run on 18" radii, but 22" is recommended for the unit to look proper.

The Perkins building will be done over the summer at the cabin. I'll do some scale drawings with dimensions before starting construction. I need a project at the cabin during the hot and humid weather we have in summer.

Some great pictures everyone.

Willie: I like Jack's.

Speaking of vehicles, a friend of mine wanted an extended van for his construction business. All extended vans came with seating for nine people so he priced a van without rear seats. This van without rear seats cost more than the one with the entire seat package. He purchased the van with the seat package and removed the seats when it arrived.

Have to go.....

Greg

####################

That's an unusual little engine. Something seems to be missing though. Assuming the saddle tank is for water, where does it store it's fuel? And what is the Fireman doing? It looks like he's sitting on a purpose built seat. Nothing in rrpicturearchives.net, although I did find another image of it via Google under industrial locomotives
View attachment 34094
I don't know, I just post pictures I like. :)

It's Still Raining Out Here!

Winter temps of 47 degrees ... possible snow in forecast!

LOUIS - That little switch engine is screaming to be modeled! Where is the fuel carried?
Yes to all your "game points" -- Still Boring!
Struts, ball joints, lots of front end work a few months back?

Nice scenes and all, Willie.

Willie your pictures are inspiring, I love them! The old ice truck is my favorite. I'm curious about the refer unit mounted on it.

It's Still Raining Out Here!

Winter temps of 47 degrees ... possible snow in forecast!

LOUIS - That little switch engine is screaming to be modeled! Where is the fuel carried?
Yes to all your "game points" -- Still Boring!
Struts, ball joints, lots of front end work a few months back?

Nice scenes and all, Willie.

If you examine the replays very closely you can see some minor use of hands by the defensive backs of both teams that could have been called penalties. The officials are often overly cautious in big games. After the missed call in the NFC championship and the low scoring super bowl I expect their will be an amendment of some kind to replay. Probably allowing the coaches to use a challenge to review suspect plays. At least that's how I hope they do it. Otherwise the games will be even longer. Then the NFL/TV networks can show even more stupid commercials!

Boring, to many I suppose, but as a former semi-pro DE/DT (I actually got paid!) It's sad to me that the art, strength, agility and sheer violence of playing defense is not appreciated.

I can't remember the details, I was not in the service department, I was an outside salesmen at the time. But I do remember early GM pickups (late 80s to mid-90s?) the ABS light would come on after the system was unplugged for any reason. Another salesmen had problems with his ABS light coming on. Since ABS was relatively new it baffled our mechanics. Maybe Chet, Karl or Terry know more.

Tucker aka "Frankie" update.

He had the drain and narcotic pain medication patch removed. The vet said his wound looks great and a week from Monday he will have his staples removed. Despite not eating for an entire day he had only lost 1/2lb.

When we got back home he played with our other beagle Sophie and appeared to be his old self again. Sophie, bless her heart was very gentle with him. She seemed to be very happy too.

I have yet to be able to talk to the neghibor with the Pit Bull. If he is home he won't open his door and I have not seen either of his dogs.

1549388940655.png

Two WM F units are eastbound at Altenwald, Pa. on the Lurgan line. May 31, 1964. WM was known for well maintained locomotives and the dual set of 5-bell horns on every cab A unit.
Richard Jahn - ‎Western Maryland Railway Company

1549390667299.png

1549390685372.png

1549390716222.png

Three separate shots of PRR D16sb 4-4-0 1223 long before her days at Strasburg and the RR Museum of Pa.: A shot on display in Altoona, along with E6s Atlantic 68, which appears to be at the "Altoona Shops Inspection Trip" excursion stopover on Sunday, May 16, 1937, photographer unknown; a badly-printed shot of 1223 in local freight service, possibly on the Delmarva Peninsula where she and two other D16sb's made the last stand of PRR 4-4-0s in service, photographer unknown; and a shot at a PRR historical display at the Baltimore Produce Terminal Yard (now the Light Rail shops) for a railroad convention (either NRHS or NMRA) in the early 1950s, by Warren E. Olt.
UPDATE: A reader has identified the location of the second photo as being in front of the Delmar, Del./Md. enginehouse.

Baltimore Chapter, National Railway Historical Society

I can't remember the details, I was not in the service department, I was an outside salesmen at the time. But I do remember early GM pickups (late 80s to mid-90s?) the ABS light would come on after the system was unplugged for any reason. Another salesmen had problems with his ABS light coming on. Since ABS was relatively new it baffled our mechanics. Maybe Chet, Karl or Terry know more.

I don't recall anything like that, but I do remember a certain S10 Blazer that the Service Manager had for a demo. It would light every time it was used by a certain lot attendant. we would clear the code, and it would stay out until he used it to run an errand. Finally, in desperation, we called GM Tech assistance. We gave them the code we were finding with no resulting circuit fault. They asked us to let the lot attendant drive it and to watch his feet. It seems he was driving 2 footed, with light pressure on the brakes while accelerating. Once we broke him of that habit, the ABS light stopped appearing.

1549391836119.png

Hall of Famer Robin Roberts pitching in one his 28 consecutive complete games, which included a 17 inning complete game.
Baseball In Pics

Last season 8 pitchers tied for the MLB lead in complete games with only 2 each.

I don't recall anything like that, but I do remember a certain S10 Blazer that the Service Manager had for a demo. It would light every time it was used by a certain lot attendant. we would clear the code, and it would stay out until he used it to run an errand. Finally, in desperation, we called GM Tech assistance. We gave them the code we were finding with no resulting circuit fault. They asked us to let the lot attendant drive it and to watch his feet. It seems he was driving 2 footed, with light pressure on the brakes while accelerating. Once we broke him of that habit, the ABS light stopped appearing.

That may very well be what was happening in the case I mentioned. The other salesmen who's truck it was, was an idiot (I often told him so) who would lie about almost anything. I never had any problems with my truck.

Sorry Sherrel I am of no help at all in your case.

That may very well be what was happening in the case I mentioned. The other salesmen who's truck it was, was an idiot (I often told him so) who would lie about almost anything. I never had any problems with my truck.

Sorry Sherrel I am of no help at all in your case.

For the record, the only time I have driven with two feet was a few times on the jeep trails around Silverton, CO, where the tires had less than a foot from the edge.
At first I thought it might be because it had never seen water on the road - LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back