Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take the high road, he'll get his one day. And when he does, I hope I'm there when Karma sticks it to him.
And yes, I was going to be more graphic, but this is supposed to be a family-viewable forum...
Most families are pretty "fluent" these days.

I'll take the high road, he'll get his one day. And when he does, I hope I'm there when Karma sticks it to him.
And yes, I was going to be more graphic, but this is supposed to be a family-viewable forum...
Let us know if he says thankyou.

Even though it is not my typical choice of roads, I picked up this SP Daylight train from a gentleman that was moving and selling off his collection. View attachment 32872View attachment 32873View attachment 32874View attachment 32875View attachment 32876View attachment 32877

Powered A and B diesels, RPO, 2 baggage, 3 done, 7 coach, 1 observation. 16 units in total. I'm almost ashamed to tell you what I paid for them. So before I do, I want to see if anyone can guess. I'll post the actual cost of the train tomorrow. I want to give everyone that wants to take a guess time to do so.
Jesse, this just isn't fair. I have been building my layout to accommodate the Daylight. If you will send me the 16 units, I will send you a Rivarossi ATSF 4-6-2 and 4passenger cars, a rubicks cube, and a personal business card autographed by Tommy Allsup. No questions asked...….

For those of you who just can't live without a Sugar hit, here is the first in a series (I counted at least 13 parts) of Cane train videos in Queensland. Each seem to be about 16 mins or so long. Medical Alert: Diabetes could be a consequence of viewing these. If you view on Y/tube, they might follow in sequence.

David, I have one of those little compressors. It has been sticking lately. If I turn it off and on, over and over it starts. I'm expecting it to not start at all sooner then later. Mine is about 10 years old, longer than I expected it to last.

I hope your health keeps improving.

Louis: I found the problem I had with mine was due to a faulty wall outlet. When I moved the plug to another outlet it started and ran perfectly and built up pressure just as it should.

If it isn't the wall outlet it could be you need to replace the on/off switch or maybe
David, I have one of those little compressors. It has been sticking lately. If I turn it off and on, over and over it starts. I'm expecting it to not start at all sooner then later. Mine is about 10 years old, longer than I expected it to last.

I hope your health keeps improving.

Louis: I found the problem I had with mine was due to a faulty wall outlet. When I moved the plug to another outlet it started and ran perfectly and built up pressure just as it should.

If it isn't the wall outlet it could be you need to replace the on/off switch or maybe there is a poor connection to the motor ?

Louis - Nice shot of the Cowboy jersey. Let's see, Super Bowl wins: Dallas Cowboys 6, Washington Redskins 3, Baltimore Ravens 2. Hmmmh!

Don't count Jimmy Johnson out!
Disclaimer: I no longer watch professional football for reasons other than kneeling during the national anthem, although that re-affirmed my position.
Willie, I got to give it to Jimmy Johnson; as a coach, above average, as a recruiter/trader/drafter, maybe the best. As far as comparing him to Tom Landry, no contest. Landry revolutionized the game more than once and carried himself with a quiet pride and humility.

You forgot the Baltimore Colts! 2 NFL Championships (Pre-Super Bowl) and one Super Bowl Championship. Who did the Baltimore Colts beat in Super Bowl V? Oh yeah, the Dallas Cowboys! ;)

Good natured banter back and forth between good hearted fans is one of the things I enjoy about all sports.

There are many things I don't like about today's pro-football, but I refuse to let these few clowns ruin something that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

I was getting a little concerned that I hadn't had an update as to the whereabouts of my Econami decoder parcel since the 19th at Sydney's Kingsford Smith airport. One came through this morning saying it was at another center (not where though) and in transit to it's destination. A Monday delivery maybe, if not, the end of next week will be more likely. New Years Day will upset the applecart if not on Monday. Want to see if they still have the big caps on them, like the older Tsunamis had.

More likely, he will be sitting there wondering why everything's going straight down the crapper on him. I'll just smile and wave...

You guys talking about me, again? I don't know what I did; but, do know I am fully capable of doing it.

You guys talking about me, again? I don't know what I did; but, do know I am fully capable of doing it.
The "he" in this instance is my current employer, who is smart enough to run an occasional Google search on the business name, and see who is talking about him.

Good morning. It's (very) foggy, and 44.

Sherrel, this is for you:

48952538_2441455285928272_8322187907020357632_n.jpg

Here is one of those weird discrepancies in Internet Weather forecasting: Right at the moment, Weather Underground is stating my temperature here in Park Rapids, Minnesota is -13 degrees, my thermometer outside my picture window is showing -20 degrees and because it is close to the window, it is likely a few more degrees even colder! The temperatures shown at the banks in town would likely agree with the Weather Undergrounds temps. I am a ways North of town and surrounded by swamp land, which means I am in low country and cold air does seek lower elevations. This discrepancy will grow larger as the temperature descends and decrease if there is wind. I have seen temperatures as low a 55 below and at that temperature Liquid Petroleum gas starts to solidify and I've had to go out and throw warm water on my LP Tank to get the gas to flow again. Once the sun comes out the problem ceases and we don't get real cold temperatures, unless it is clear out.

You might ask why I live where it can get this cold? I just love it and it does keep the population down. It is also very beautiful here, the pines have snow "flocking" on them right now. I get deer and birds and all kinds of critters passing though my property and a Red Fox lives in the culvert at the end of my driveway.

At these temperatures; however, it is too cold to go out an bank the house. So, it is extra cold in the basement where my layout is, so may not spend much time working on the layout.

And now, a quick health update.
My wife seems to have caught a bug sometime over the last few days, and is spending a noticeable amount of time visiting the bethroom. We're keeping watch on that, because of her limited fluid intake, it would be very easy to become dehydrated.
My nerve problem seems to be improving somewhat. I'm being careful in my activities, and the pain and numbness have lessened considerably. It still hurts like hell first thing in the morning, and the ends of my right forefinger and right thumb are still numb. Hopefully that will improve, as those two digits are the ones I use for performing instricate tasks, like assembling couplers and writing.

Here is one of those weird discrepancies in Internet Weather forecasting: Right at the moment, Weather Underground is stating my temperature here in Park Rapids, Minnesota is -13 degrees, my thermometer outside my picture window is showing -20 degrees and because it is close to the window, it is likely a few more degrees even colder! The temperatures shown at the banks in town would likely agree with the Weather Undergrounds temps. I am a ways North of town and surrounded by swamp land, which means I am in low country and cold air does seek lower elevations. This discrepancy will grow larger as the temperature descends and decrease if there is wind. I have seen temperatures as low a 55 below and at that temperature Liquid Petroleum gas starts to solidify and I've had to go out and throw warm water on my LP Tank to get the gas to flow again. Once the sun comes out the problem ceases and we don't get real cold temperatures, unless it is clear out.

You might ask why I live where it can get this cold? I just love it and it does keep the population down. It is also very beautiful here, the pines have snow "flocking" on them right now. I get deer and birds and all kinds of critters passing though my property and a Red Fox lives in the culvert at the end of my driveway.

At these temperatures; however, it is too cold to go out an bank the house. So, it is extra cold in the basement where my layout is, so may not spend much time working on the layout.
The "official" temps are usually measured either downtown, where there are many heat sources to show higher, or at the airport, if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back