Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me think of an old friend of mine. I was ridding in his old pickup (ute) I said don't you hear that? he said yeah, but normally I just turn the radio up.

I have tinnitus and it can cause me to have a headache if I sit in silence. I always have a radio or TV on, even when I am sleeping. It works for me and my wife is now use to it. In fact she turns on the TV when she goes to bed before me.
I also have tinnitis, and hearing aids help (one for each ear). The best ones cost around $5k, of which half was paid for by my federal government employees' insurance.

Well UP 1943 is in PA. I wish the USPS was delivering it instead of FEDEX aka pony express.

It will be so worth it though! I'm waiting for them to hit M.B Klein's, to see if I can snag a DCC sound version. Then I wont have to wait a year for the second run.

It will be so worth it though! I'm waiting for them to hit M.B Klein's, to see if I can snag a DCC sound version. Then I wont have to wait a year for the second run.
I thought about the sound unit but went with the non sound and will get the TSC wow sound which has the current keeper in it.The more I use my Scale trains SD 40-3 the more I like it and will slowly add current keepers to other units.

Just got time to go through some Emails. Looks like my Gunderson 5188s from the second run shipped today. Hopefully a 3rd run will be announced soon!

I also have tinnitis, and hearing aids help (one for each ear). The best ones cost around $5k, of which half was paid for by my federal government employees' insurance.
Beady - You are very correct sir. I also have tinnitus and my hearing aids were adjusted by the technician to emphasize the tinnitus range in order to mask it. Best money I have spent in years. It's been 4 1/2 years now, I should have gotten them ten years ago.

Mike,I ordered 4141,but that's a year away.
I know what that waiting feels like. I've been waiting for a Bowser RS3 in Western Maryland speed letter for close to two years now. It's a special run by the Western Maryland Railway Historical Society and Bowser. Of course when the plant in China closed everything got set back. Good thing I'm patient and already have the money stashed for the model.

I know what that waiting feels like. I've been waiting for a Bowser RS3 in Western Maryland speed letter for close to two years now. It's a special run by the Western Maryland Railway Historical Society and Bowser. Of course when the plant in China closed everything got set back. Good thing I'm patient and already have the money stashed for the model.
A lot of things got pushed back because of that.I just hope they don't rush production to get caught up and quality suffers.

When I've had to do something that should take three people, I get a "rent-a-bum" from the day labor pool, work him all day, and return him. It usually costs about $150, and it's worth every penny. You could do something like that with your basement cleanup. Just remember, you're hiring them from the neck down...
I can usually get them cheaper around here, $100 for eight hours, but speaking Spanish makes it a lot easier. They can't pull any bull on you. Of course I hold the upper hand to begin with. They know that I might just drop them off out in the middle of nowhere and they would be 20+ miles from where they started.

Well UP 1943 is in PA. I wish the USPS was delivering it instead of FEDEX aka pony express.
I had FedEx shipping on a Christmas gift and it made it to the Orlando distribution center and it sat there for a week before it was turned over to USPS. This has happened more than one time. I would never use FEDEX if there are other options.

I had FedEx shipping on a Christmas gift and it made it to the Orlando distribution center and it sat there for a week before it was turned over to USPS. This has happened more than one time. I would never use FEDEX if there are other options.
Anytime I have had stuff shipped from Ohio,Ill. or Indiana 3 days with UPS and USPS.Fedex is 4-5 days easy.They are not my choice of shippers.

I also have a problem with FedEx. Even though they have delivered to my house before and "supposedly" locked in my location on their GPS tracking equipment, they have a problem finding me sometimes. I have gotten numerous E-mails showing "package undeliverable" and returned to sender. I have repeatedly spoken to customer service and a dispatcher regarding this, including giving detailed but simple directions as well as a phone number if they feel lost. We are less than 1.5 miles from a known intersection with only one left turn! They have left smaller packages in my mailbox 1.1 miles away (not really allowed by postal regulations) and occasionally left packages at the post office for them to notify me.
If given a choice I always specify UPS or USPS. Hell, if Sherrel can find me, anybody should be able to!

We have Fedex here too. That last parcel with the loco in it where the packing box had been bashed about, came via them.

Good late night early morning Rail Workers

Hi Flo, Francine, coffee a waffle with some Maple Syrup

Weather wise it's rather cold:. 34°F dropping too 32°F with a high of 47°F. I went out twice earlier after fire wood to try and keep the place warm. Rather nippy, it was !

I also pulled one of the wheels and tire off a garden cart as I needed replace the tube. Everything was going along fine till my pancake compressor seem to quit on me. Could be the circit breaker, I'll check later in the morning.

Curt, Garry, Sherrel, Louis, Boris and anyone else I may of missed, thanks for your well wishes. I am feeling but not totally out of the wood yet but getting there I think ??

It's been a long day/night and more wood is needed for the fire so I had better add a good Size chunk.

Hope everyone has s good day.

Justin, have you seen this?
1545991413628.png

It was a post from Ahearn's facebook page "Arriving soon: A CSX original- the C&O "heritage" unit. Our HO scale Primed for Grime model represents the early CSX version before it received ditch lights."
http://www.athearn.com/Search/Defau...8XSIWiOE2IKqN08QEaEOcWogO7qFs755gC6RtsdNnNy9I

Last edited:
I also pulled one of the wheels and tire off a garden cart as I needed replace the tube. Everything was going along fine till my pancake compressor seem to quit on me. Could be the circit breaker, I'll check later in the morning.

Curt, Garry, Sherrel, Louis, Boris and anyone else I may of missed, thanks for your well wishes. I am feeling but not totally out of the wood yet but getting there I think ??

David, I have one of those little compressors. It has been sticking lately. If I turn it off and on, over and over it starts. I'm expecting it to not start at all sooner then later. Mine is about 10 years old, longer than I expected it to last.

I hope your health keeps improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back