Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe - Nice RDC's. It's wasy to pick out the extremely well detailed Rapido version. Making me want to rethink not getting one.

Chet: Don't know why that doesn't surprise me...Train World is doing pre orders, maybe they have something that may interest you, at the right price :rolleyes: The differences are very obvious, aren't they?

Curt: Excellent model of the interlocking Tower ! Nice! All finished?

Last edited by a moderator:
Golly I'm having some intense anxiety.
Might be why I've been throwing up so much.
sorry to be a such a downer.

I have officially been invited to show the little ones how model trains work at my daughter's school. It is going to be a part of their project they are working on.

Justin

That's quite an honor, Justin -- Are you going to share your frustrations of layout planning as well? Don't scare the little ones!

Good evening all!

The snow machine has started cranking up. We are expecting close to a foot tonight into tomorrow evening. The area schools are falling like flies, so since I work for a school district I get a snow day.

Justin......What kind of a project are they doing? Does your daughter already have the train bug? My daughter is 7, and had fun helping me make bottle brush evergreens, but doesn't (or hasn't yet) shown much more interest than that.

Have a great night all!

Golly I'm having some intense anxiety.
Might be why I've been throwing up so much.
sorry to be a such a downer.

If you can get ahold of some ginger root, that is used to settle the stomach on people who are having trouble with chemo. Other things like Saltine crackers will settle the stomach as well.

Good evening all!

The snow machine has started cranking up. We are expecting close to a foot tonight into tomorrow evening. The area schools are falling like flies, so since I work for a school district I get a snow day.

Justin......What kind of a project are they doing? Does your daughter already have the train bug? My daughter is 7, and had fun helping me make bottle brush evergreens, but doesn't (or hasn't yet) shown much more interest than that.

Have a great night all!
Their project is based on West Virginia history. Their location is actually my old stomping grounds! Which is quite interesting. I have a feeling I'm going to be tapped for more than just railroading knowledge. My daughter actually cried and threw a fit over my recent dismantling of my old layout. She stayed with me this past weekend as I worked out the bugs on my mainline. Grilled me with one question after another.

Justin

If you can get ahold of some ginger root, that is used to settle the stomach on people who are having trouble with chemo. Other things like Saltine crackers will settle the stomach as well.
I can't swallow. Everything goes through a g-tube. Including beer :)

Eric - Simmer the chopped or grated ginger with some lemon slices in some water for about 20 minutes. Strain it and pour it into the tube. It's a well known homeopathic remedy that really works. Don't really remember if the lemon is necessary if you're using a tube.

Willie

Well, I was invited by several members to check out the Coffee Shop. I started at the beginning and read every post. I had about twenty posts that I thought about entering but then I thought 'you will look like an ... if you post two pages that reference things from a month ago'. So I decided to jump into the deep end and say just say Hello.

Now to recent things:

Sherrel: I am afraid I have caught the layout indecision bug. Must have at least a couple of dozen that I have started, shook my fist at, and abandoned. Buying a car or house was easier.

Justin: What part of the holler' are you from? I was born in Charleston, spent a couple of years on Cabin Creek before my parents moved me to south FL. Spent every vacation on Cabin Creek and that is where I am trying to site my layout.

Well, I was invited by several members to check out the Coffee Shop. I started at the beginning and read every post. I had about twenty posts that I thought about entering but then I thought 'you will look like an ... if you post two pages that reference things from a month ago'. So I decided to jump into the deep end and say just say Hello.

Now to recent things:

Sherrel: I am afraid I have caught the layout indecision bug. Must have at least a couple of dozen that I have started, shook my fist at, and abandoned. Buying a car or house was easier.

Justin: What part of the holler' are you from? I was born in Charleston, spent a couple of years on Cabin Creek before my parents moved me to south FL. Spent every vacation on Cabin Creek and that is where I am trying to site my layout.
I'm originally from Union, WV. A map dot in Monroe County WV. I live in Charleston now as my home town has nothing for jobs. It's good to see another West Virginian in here.

Justin

Good evening.

Willie and Chet ..... Thanks for the comments on my rebuilt "floor model" .

Joe .... I like the Rapido RDC you showed us. You said it had two small motors. Interesting.

Chet .... A couple of days ago we talked about our losing memories with aging. ... Now you say you do not recall where or why you got the B&O diner..... Uh oh.... What next ?

Curt .... Your interlocking tower looks like a masterpiece. Well done !

Justin ... It is good to hear you are invited to do a presentation at your daughter's school.....

Sam ... Welcome to the Coffee Shop.

Toot .... Yes, that is a scary video.

Here is another SD9. It is hauling a coal freight train. ..... Burlington SD9's and SD7's had dual controls, and could therefore be operated either short end forward or long end forward.

35285908413_79b260f685_b.jpg

Good morning everyone.; 39 and clear, hitting about 60 this afternoon. Got my first pot of coffee going, and doughnuts are right around the corner. It's going to be a great day!!

Toot - you sure find interesting videos!

Nothing much to report from the train room. The construction crew will erect the walls of Vic's Barbershop this weekend.

Have a good day everyone.

34 and sunny here right now.
Heading to 63 but rain coming for the next few days starting tonight.
Guess I better make an early beer run.

Up early, can't sleep, OFD (old farts disease) - goes along with Chet's CRS!

Weather Report: High was 88 yesterday! 41* at the moment, should top at 78* today ... no clouds; dry conditions will continue!

Wife is having a really hard time with the knee and leg pain! Dr. appointment on Monday for both of us ... mine at 11:15, hers at 2:00 ... thankfully both at the same location in Corona.

Up early, can't sleep, OFD (old farts disease) - goes along with Chet's CRS!

Weather Report: High was 88 yesterday! 41* at the moment, should top at 78* today ... no clouds; dry conditions will continue!

Wife is having a really hard time with the knee and leg pain! Dr. appointment on Monday for both of us ... mine at 11:15, hers at 2:00 ... thankfully both at the same location in Corona.
I understand. I haven't been to sleep all night.

Good Morning All. 42° and mostly cloudy, expecting it to reach 70° later today. Another cold front around sunset will drop temperatures to 23° by tomorrow night, back into the 60's by Tuesday. I'm ready for this cold weather to be over, we were spoiled in both 2016 and 2017 when we didn't drop below freezing after February 1. I am getting a bit tired of trying to catch up on all of my outdoor projects that were neglected over the last 15 years or so. I need more rainy weather so that I can stay inside the train shed more! LOL
Speaking of being out in the train shed, I added more roadbed to the new benchwork, using HO scale for the main line and N scale for the passing siding.
02-08-18 001.JPG
That mid-way jog in the main is an optical illusion I think, if it really is a jog, it's no problem to lay the track straight and disguise the jog with roadbed shaving and ballast later on. I don't angst over minor stuff like that and won't rip anything out. I did freak out because it looked like I miscalculated on the HO roadbed and I was going to be 10" short of having enough! But later I found a 22" piece that was on the layout behind a freight parked at the far end of that picture. Of course another trip to the LHS wouldn't have been a bad deal anyway. Now it's time to round up all of those pieces of flex track that are wherever I left them last. I put a few more miles on the new SD40-2's yesterday. Gosh! This never gets old, does it!

Sherrel - My prayers and best wishes continue for your wife's health. I have trust in the doctors that you us, if they can fix you, they can fix her. Most sciatica (if that's the eventual diagnosis) can be relieved without surgery.
Jesse - Wasn't meaning to knock N scale. I have seen it come a very long way since the early 70's and it is a real boon to those who don't have the space for any of the larger scales.
Or what to call it.
I have many unnamed structures still. Running trains is more important to me than having a name for everything right now. Eventually though!
Curt - Fine job there on the switch tower. I especially like the interior view.
Jesse - Congratulations on your new celebrity status.
Sam - Welcome to the Coffee Shop. No need to read every post from the beginning, just slip in and enjoy. We'll open a new place at the end of every 100 pages or so.
Garry - I occasionally run across stuff that I don't remember buying, but I can tell where I got it by looking at the design of the price sticker. I certainly don't remember specifics regarding each and every one of my 800 freight cars, gong back over 35 years! Damn! Has it been that long??? I actually do have all of the specific information in my database though.

All right now. I'm going to spend a few minutes watching Stuart Varney on Fox Business Network, to see him freak over the stock market! I have to admit that I freaked out and got out of the market earlier this week and cut my losses. I'm back to mid-January levels, thankfully, after having wiped two weeks of gains.
Everybody have a great day.

Willie

-20 degree right now. Predicted high of +5 degrees. These cold "stretches" are getting old! 5-10 mile an hour wind will make wind chills of -19 even though it's 5 above! Been fighting a cold and the basement seems like a pneumonia hole as of late. I guess I will sit here in front of this confuser today! I've been in the stock market for the long haul (That's what I say when she crashes like it often does). I'm a born looser when it comes to the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back