Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie, thanks for the thread and the warning. Can you explain about the glue you're using? I'm not familiar with it and was planning on Elmer's or such. Also, I recall building one wooden kit of a Guttenberg printing press many years ago. Damned thing warped into a pretzel immediately after.

All - Given the subject, I don't mean to make this about me, but I feel the need to explain. Seems like a lot of people on several of the forums I belong to have been suffering life's tragedies. I haven't been a believer for some time and so can't say I offer prayers for them, but I still haven't figured out what to say instead. If I'm silent, then, it doesn't mean I'm insensitive or uncaring.

OK, now back to whatever it was we were doing.

Oh crap!

Willie, thanks for the thread and the warning. Can you explain about the glue you're using? I'm not familiar with it and was planning on Elmer's or such. Also, I recall building one wooden kit of a Guttenberg printing press many years ago. Damned thing warped into a pretzel immediately after.

All - Given the subject, I don't mean to make this about me, but I feel the need to explain. Seems like a lot of people on several of the forums I belong to have been suffering life's tragedies. I haven't been a believer for some time and so can't say I offer prayers for them, but I still haven't figured out what to say instead. If I'm silent, then, it doesn't mean I'm insensitive or uncaring.

OK, now back to whatever it was we were doing.

Oh crap!
Just say you're sending positive thoughts their way. You don't have to believe in anything to share hope and optimism.

Beady - Aleene's is very similar to Elmer's white glue, and is available at Hobby Lobby and Michaels around here. Elmer's could be used, but I find that Aleene's has more tack and has a better initial hold.

Willie

Afternoon All,

Ran some errands. Did not get the servicing done on the car. Got there and its crickets (usually met at car). Walked into service and there are 2 reps (no customers) and both say we will be with you in a minute. Fifteen minutes later with continuing to be ignored I walked out and left. I have never seen such a thing at a dealership.

Found out last night that a friend's (from work) Mother passed away (expected after a long illness) so I'm going to the viewing tomorrow night. I never met her but I want to be there for him.

I am very sorry to hear about Barry. He was a nice guy.

Daughter and kids are coming over for cabbage and sausage tonight.

Ken- I agree about hating to crawl under the layout.

Karl- Saying prayers for you and your family.

Garry- I am also saying prayers for you and your family.

Willie- I look forward to reading your thread.

I hope everyone a has a good night.

Good evening. It's storming off-and-on, and temp is between 65-85, depending on whether it's storming at the moment.
Today was rough for a Monday. I try to take Monday one day at a time, but today several of them ganged up on me.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to lighten woodland scenics asphalt top coat? Sanding didn't do a whole lot....definitely brought the white out in it though.

Justin

78 here with 100% strong storms coming up.
Glad tomorrow is the last day at Larry's his stress-level is peaking and overflowed all over me CJ a couple times.
He got on me about something 'what have you been doing for the past hour?!!!'. Standing my ground I pipe equally back 'what the f.. are you talking about?"
He came back claiming he showed me over an hour ago and again asked what I'd been doing this whole time.
Now I'm pissed: "Larry, that was 5 f...ing minutes ago!! You need to calm the f... down!!!"
Then he got a grip and realized it WAS only 5 minutes prior.

Let's all have a better evening tonight and a better day tomorrow.
E

Ooooh! Thunderboomers outside!! :eek:

Thank each of you gentlemen (and I do mean gentlemen) for the kind words and prayers regarding my Mother. It is most appreciated. Now its just a waiting game til she goes.

CS3, Paint or dark gray pastel chalks should help. I usually start with a dark to medium gray to blend close to a photo backdrop on gatorfoam or styrene for roads...cant afford that expensive WS stuff!
sidestreet.jpg

Later gang!

Good evening, everyone...

This is kind of a weird question. Sometime in the last month or so I was visiting a model rr business website. I thought it was one selling ho vehicles possibly from several manufacturers.

I also thought I had followed the link from someone who posted here at one of these forum pages.

Anyhow, the same site, I thought, also had a wide variety of clocks decorated with various RR emblems. Extensive searching on Railroad clocks, and looking at all the HO vehicle sites I can think of turned up nothing. Now I am wondering if I was dreaming the whole thing.

So if any of what I have described fits a website you're aware of, let me know what it is.

There are some websites advertising RR emblem clocks for about $120 a pop, but those are not the ones.

Ok, I said it was kind of a weird question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Karl- Prayers for you and family.

Garry- Barry was one of the "GOOD GUYS".
Justin- nice work.
Curt- Awesome as usual.
Chet-Do we still recognize you with your black eyes?
Phil

Good evening gents. Karl already supplied a weather report for this area so I won't be redundant.

EriC - I wouldn't have the patience to endure a boss like Larry, hopefully you can get back into that software coding job soon...

EriK - that sounds like a company that occasionally sends me catalogs of a whole plethora of train-related stuff, at grossly inflated prices; those go directly into the "circular file". If you are looking for decent HO scale vehicles besides all the familiar Busch and Herpa ones, you can find lots of them at Shapeways.com (the 3D printing service).

Chet, now that you've hopefully regained your vision, I'll re-post this link from the TRAINS magazine forum that I'm sure you can easily identify with. It's about some police helicopter pilots who became heroes: http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/111/t/256243.aspx

Willie - been enjoying your Wicked Wanda build thread. It's going to be quite a while before I'll be at the point where I'm willing to try tackling one of those laser wood kits myself!

I entered a long-winded post on my automobile plant 'blog' tonight, that pretty well sums up what's been happening with me for the past few days.

Good night...

Last edited by a moderator:
I took this photo with a cell phone today in Hopkinsville while waiting for a red traffic signal. It's not a good picture, but you might be interested.

It was DOD train comprised of about 75 flat cars and two red Army locomotives. You can barely see the lead unit ti the right of the tree. The second unit is behind the sign. The Army locomotives appear to be rebuilt GP9's. The flat cars had a variety of military vehicles.

Hopk%20train_zpsxfdvxiet.jpg

Evening track gang,

Say Willie: Very nice job on ' Wicked Wanda's ', you even have added curtins in most all the windows, nice touch.

Ooooh! Thunderboomers outside!! :eek:

Thank each of you gentlemen (and I do mean gentlemen) for the kind words and prayers regarding my Mother. It is most appreciated. Now its just a waiting game til she goes.

View attachment 57015

Later gang!

Say Karl: Your picture sure has depth to it, as Willie, I think it was said, it's hard to tell where the street scene ends and the background begins. Nice job.

Chet: Glad to see your on the mend.

Curt I tried several times to get your video to play but never could. Sorry I missed it.

EriK - that sounds like a company that occasionally sends me catalogs of a whole plethora of train-related stuff, at grossly inflated prices; those go directly into the "circular file". If you are looking for decent HO scale vehicles besides all the familiar Busch and Herpa ones, you can find lots of them at Shapeways.com (the 3D printing service).

Perhaps. But I think that the places with the very expensive clocks are more likely that outfit.

I hadn't thought of Shapeways as a vehicle source. Seeking 1930s-era items has been a challenge. Thank you for that lead.

But I am also in the market for a reasonably priced wall clock with a railroad theme. I've done a lot of searches and found a few possibilities. But I am baffled by my inability to find the site I saw previously... If I even did see it, which I am beginning to question...

64 and drizzly rain here this morning. Doubt it will last since it's only 20% chance for the day anyhow.
Today's the last day with Larry!!!
He doesn't really need me today - I don't think. Even yesterday he was practically looking for things to do. So, I re-hung a light fixture and replaced 2 bath sink faucets and 2 shower heads.
There are a few central air vent grills that need putting back, a BUNCH of switch and receptacle wall plates to put back on (if he remembered to get them last night).

He wants the 1911 back for now and isn't prepared to make a deal on it so I took the compensator/flash supressor off last night. I'll sure miss that gun. I've got so used to having it on me or sitting next to me. That's ok. I really do need to sit on my cash for the time being.
E.

Erik, there is historicrail.com
I think they have clocks.
E

Edit: found my last catalogue from them. They have both wall clocks as well as of bunch of various era cars and vehicles. I'll bet that's what you're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back