Running Bear's Coffee Shop LII

Good morning everybody!

73 under clear starry skies in southeast Baltimore. It's going to be another hot and humid day.

I ordered this from Train World yesterday http://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/williams/GP9-Dummy-Baltimore-Ohio-Early-Version-21552/
88475b1666d037ddeeb6401e30e689d0.jpg

Normally I would have bought the Lionel version but $49.99 compared to $200 was too good to pass up and that price won't last for long. I hope I don't regret buying it, but at $49.99 it should not be too hard to get most or all of my money back on eBay if I am unhappy with it.

I was also looking at this http://www.trainworld.com/manufactu...-sd60-diesel-engine-non-powered-csx-cab-8705/
30-20235-3.jpg

At $157.99 there was just not enough incentivize for me to try MTH. Maybe Train world will put it on sale, I do like the picture!

Note: Both photos are of the powered versions, the road numbers are different on the non-powered/dummies.

Train World's specials are hard to beat!

I'll try to check back later. These last few weeks before school starts are going to be busy for me. My oldest daughter is a school teacher and she has returned to work 2 weeks before my grandsons go back to school. That means I will have both of my boys all day! It is going to be fun, but I will be worn thin (not literally) by the time school starts.

Have a great day everybody!

I am taking my boys to MB Klein today! The yard work will have to wait! I just found out that they only had one of these left and I just bought it! It's the Lionel Frosty the Snowman Station $48.99. I will be so happy to see it under my Christmas Tree. I also picked up few other things to bring the total to over $99. My wish list at MB Klein is so long it's never a problem to find some things to add-on to bring the total over $99. By doing that and paying with PayPal I get 6 months no interest! I have self-imposed a rule to not pay interest on any of my train purchases. I learned that the hard way! Finance charges eat away at my train budget.
LIO-6-81425-2.jpg

In case your curious, I doubt your not, but I'll post them any way :) Here is the rest of today's order at MB Klein. Total with sales tax $101.50.
BAC-42904-2.jpg

LIO-7-11528-2.jpg

YAT-94223-BL-2.jpg
LTP-403-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning to all. We're off to a chilly start for the day. Woke up to 44 degrees this morning. The high for the day is only supposed to get into the high 60's, but back up to the 80's by the end of the week. Had to fire up the stove for a few minutes to take the chill off.

IMAG0451.jpg

Louis - Enjoy the trip to MB Klein today, yo have me drooling. Don't get to see the inside of a model railroad shop very ofter. Would tat Caddy be in HO scale. If it is, gonna have to get me one.

Terry - What's wrong with Alcos ????

Good morning to all. We're off to a chilly start for the day. Woke up to 44 degrees this morning. The high for the day is only supposed to get into the high 60's, but back up to the 80's by the end of the week. Had to fire up the stove for a few minutes to take the chill off.

View attachment 51670

Louis - Enjoy the trip to MB Klein today, yo have me drooling. Don't get to see the inside of a model railroad shop very ofter. Would tat Caddy be in HO scale. If it is, gonna have to get me one.

Good morning Montanan,

The Cadillac is 1:43 Yat Ming makes really nice vehicles. I don't know if they make HO, I'll check when I have more time.

How are you feeling? I was worried about you doing all that heavy work. Drywall and plumbing can be butt kicking work! I took heart in knowing an experienced man like yourself should know how to pace himself.

The fireplace is a beauty but it's going to be over 90 here with high humidity here today. it already feels like walking in soup.

I have to run now to try and beat the heat!

I'll check back later if I can

see ya!

Thanks Louis. Figured it was in a larger scale, but you never know. I have a pretty good collection of HO scale vehicles, all from 1957 or older and when ever I see one that will fit into the transition era, I'll have to get at least one. I ran across this '34 Cadilac and just have to get at least one. Cost me twenty bucks including shipping, all the way from Australia, but had to add it to my collection.

34 Caddy.jpg
I can remember growing up and seeing so many pre war cars on the road. Not a lot of money up here in the 50's and people made do with what they had and the the knowledge to keep them running. I still run across them in barns and even out in fields through contacts I have made over the years with my hobby of restoring classic cars.

View attachment 51670

Terry - What's wrong with Alcos ????

It was my fault, I mentioned that some Alco's were not totally pleasing to my optic nerve and 'the Boys' took me to SCHOOL and converted me from my wayward ways! LOL!

NG -I sort of like Alcos. I model the transition era because that the era I grew up in and have a lot of memories about the railroads back then. Although there weren't a lot of Alcos in the area where I live, there was just something about the looks of them. Being that I freelance, I could run anything I wanted and I did choose Alcos and built a fleet of them. Here are just a few of them.

0020.jpg I have a few more of them, but they were probably on hidden staging tracks. These all started off as undecorated models.

Carpenter still sick , Ill forge ahead regardless, even I can't screw up this next bit too bad, just putting in the blocks or NOGS in the joists so there is SOMETHING to attach the sheetrock to on the edges.

What a guy I'm buying from, I politely inquired after my shark and he informed me it was coming in Sept but he had gotten some in and do I want it now? I said OK! I looked this morning and saw the bill, he knocked another 87 bucks off the already sale price! From msrp $399 down to about $230 'out the door', SWEET! I have spent a disgusting amount of money on his site so it was nice to get a little 'comp'! I made that guys house , boat and car payments in about three orders!

Here is a fully restored 1929 Caddy for you guys. This one was on display near the guest drop-off/unloading area out front of the Disney Grand Floridian hotel outside of Orlando.
The place is pretty awesome. With it's red roof and all those dormers, reminds me a LOT of the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island outside of San Diego.
Yes, that's yours truly posing on the bumper.
E.
~

Attachments

• Caddy_1029 001.jpg
    Caddy_1029 001.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 232
NG -I sort of like Alcos. I model the transition era because that the era I grew up in and have a lot of memories about the railroads back then. Although there weren't a lot of Alcos in the area where I live, there was just something about the looks of them. Being that I freelance, I could run anything I wanted and I did choose Alcos and built a fleet of them. Here are just a few of them.

View attachment 51673 I have a few more of them, but they were probably on hidden staging tracks. These all started off as undecorated models.

I'm coming around on the Alco action, LOL Can't deny, yours do look good! It's the style of the one in the back that I find just does not grab me like the design of the ones in the foreground. I dunno why.

Good morning, pretty cool at 50 here this am, with a forecast high of only 67. Boy, it sure changes.

Right on time! I been busting a bump to get the in-out the door action DONE before winter and I just might make it! 30 sheets of drywall and then the boards, ply and foam. Then it can BLIZZARD all it wants! I'll be snug in 'the Pit'!

Some of mine:
The green Southern is the Alco RS-3.
I think the orange and white ICG is C630.
The other 2 I don't remember what they are. Help me out guys. I promise I'll it down this time.
The black 1 has a PRR emblem toward the rear and is the only of the 4 that runs on DCC. That's the 1 Carey put the decoder in for me.
The RS-3 is just a dummy unit. I had to add substantial weight to it to keep it from constantly derailing. It still has some troubled spots on the tracks but not as bad as it was.
Help me identify these again please.
E.
P8180031.JPGP8180030.JPGP8180029.JPG~

Attachments

• P8180028.JPG
    P8180028.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 238
Here is a fully restored 1929 Caddy for you guys. This one was on display near the guest drop-off/unloading area out front of the Disney Grand Floridian hotel outside of Orlando.
The place is pretty awesome. With it's red roof and all those dormers, reminds me a LOT of the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island outside of San Diego.
Yes, that's yours truly posing on the bumper.
E.
~

Ah, yes, back when we were 'allowed' to make CARS!

Some of mine:
The green Southern is the Alco RS-3.
I think the orange and white ICG is C630.
The other 2 I don't remember what they are. Help me out guys. I promise I'll it down this time.
The black 1 has a PRR emblem toward the rear and is the only of the 4 that runs on DCC. That's the 1 Carey put the decoder in for me.
The RS-3 is just a dummy unit. I had to add substantial weight to it to keep it from constantly derailing. It still has some troubled spots on the tracks but not as bad as it was.
Help me identify these again please.
E.
View attachment 51678View attachment 51677View attachment 51676~

I like that green one , SHARP!

Back