Running Bear's Coffee Shop LII

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I have never seen an ugly locomotive. Cars are another story!

If you want a muscle car, buy something new. My son's Camaro has a V-6 with over 300 HP, that is unreal in my mind. For me I would like to have a 1950 ford coupe, I don't care about going fast any more.

Montanan the Cadillac cost me $3.99 I had to have it. I love the cars from that Era, they had style. on the other hand I can defiantly relate to overpaying for something you really want and I don't see a thing wrong with that.

Evening All,

Nothing much happened today. We are watching the grand kids during the day while Mom is at school preparing for the start of school next week. After her regular day ended we went to her classroom to help her set it up. The POD (18 ft storage container) was delivered to her house today so we are on for moving this weekend (I can't wait). My back is much better today and last night I actually got 6 straight hours of sleep without any kind of interruption.

Montanan- Great photo and modeling.

BigE- Did you say you removed a lot of your ground cover?

I hope everybody has a good night.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I have never seen an ugly locomotive. Cars are another story!

If you want a muscle car, buy something new. My son's Camaro has a V-6 with over 300 HP, that is unreal in my mind. For me I would like to have a 1950 ford coupe, I don't care about going fast any more.

Montanan the Cadillac cost me $3.99 I had to have it. I love the cars from that Era, they had style. on the other hand I can defiantly relate to overpaying for something you really want and I don't see a thing wrong with that.

I can enthusiastically relate to "overpaying for something you really want"! I've been doing it for two months and it's been a GAS!!! Not as depressed as I thought I would be at the end of the spending phase. I get to enjoy it all again as I deploy it onto the layout, darn good 'bang for the buck' as far as I'm concerned!

Finally finished up with the remainder of the ballast work!
Talk about monotonous.
It's probably not something that would show up in my pics.
I can assure you all it looks FAR better in person now.
Of course I'll have to clean ALL the track tomorrow after it's done drying out through the night.
I'll probably have to loosen up a couple of turnouts. I know I got pretty close to the throw bar on a couple.
That's ok. No problem. It's all part of it.
E

What in the name.....turn your back for five minutes and it's all of a sudden 100 pages, as they say....you snooze, you lose, right? lol
Hope that you're all in good shape and getting some serious railroading done, think a cold or something is trying to get a grip of me, but I'm fighting it on the barricades! ;)
Hopefully feel a bit better this weekend to do some more work on the BARF....

I hope you are feeling better. As soon as I feel the onset of a cold I load up on the vitamin C. I can't be sure that it helps, but I feel better trying to do something!

BigE- Did you say you removed a lot of your ground cover?

No I didn't remove anything. Just covered up most of that red-clay crap with proper various turfs and some decent looking trees. In fact I liked these tree so much I ordered another batch. The first batch was HO/N sized. I want some bigger so this time I got H/OO size.

Good evening. It's raining and 77.
This coffee shop seems to have filled up fast, look for some new digs in the morning.
Eric, those Sharks are old Tyco engines. Once upon a time, they were Mantua built, and die-cast.

Good evening. It's raining and 77.
This coffee shop seems to have filled up fast, look for some new digs in the morning.
Eric, those Sharks are old Tyco engines. Once upon a time, they were Mantua built, and die-cast.

Yeah, these actually do say Tyco on the bottom. Mine have plastic shells. The truck side covers on the Midnight Special (blue and silver one) have busted off but I still have them.
Both need new couplers all around if I want to try to run them. I honestly don't recall if they ran or not. I'll have to put DC back to the rails to try them.
Maybe one of these days. No rush. I'm still doing scenery work so no trains have been running for a good week or so anyway.
E

Hiya Gang!

I have to agree with Louis,,,never saw an ugly loco.
Cars? Thats another story. Born & raised on Fords, so Mustangs will forever hold a special place with me. Drove several, ( one went 10.42 @140 m.p.h. in the 1/4 mile), totalled one and rebuilt it.
Spent 2 years with Chrysler, Never ever ever ever going back.:p Iococca NEVER should have been allowed to salvage that wreck INHO.
Worked 30 couple years with GM dealers. Nice trucks, the only car I ever liked were impalas, and the 69 Camaro RS/SS.
Oh, what about the Corvette you ask??

corvette (2).jpg

Deal with these folks on a daily basis, and you will be convinced!!

Oh, BTW, October 2015 MR will have an article by yours truly....Sent it in 2 years ago,,bout time!!:cool:

Hello. I just typed-up half a page of replies to several of you, and accidentally closed my browser and lost it all! I'm too tired and pi$$ed off to sit here and try to recompose the whole thing. Good night.

Hello. I just typed-up half a page of replies to several of you, and accidentally closed my browser and lost it all! I'm too tired and pi$$ed off to sit here and try to recompose the whole thing. Good night.

Click on the "Go advanced" button and see if it doesn't have a restore auto-saved contents. Happens to me all the time.
E

Click on the "Go advanced" button and see if it doesn't have a restore auto-saved contents. Happens to me all the time.
E

LOL! I try to keep em short and sweet but it does not always work out that way. Man, I went 'block' happy on the ceiling and darned near got em all, gonna leave the 'tricky' ones for when competent guidance returns. Not quite sure how we are going to handle the outside corners up there. Got the 'snag hex' out of the way, hit a bump in the program and barely felt it due to proper prior planning! Too complex to go into but "I'm ok now"!

Hiya Gang!

I have to agree with Louis,,,never saw an ugly loco.
Cars? Thats another story. Born & raised on Fords, so Mustangs will forever hold a special place with me. Drove several, ( one went 10.42 @140 m.p.h. in the 1/4 mile), totalled one and rebuilt it.
Spent 2 years with Chrysler, Never ever ever ever going back.:p Iococca NEVER should have been allowed to salvage that wreck INHO.
Worked 30 couple years with GM dealers. Nice trucks, the only car I ever liked were impalas, and the 69 Camaro RS/SS.
Oh, what about the Corvette you ask??

View attachment 51687

Deal with these folks on a daily basis, and you will be convinced!!

Oh, BTW, October 2015 MR will have an article by yours truly....Sent it in 2 years ago,,bout time!!:cool:

Thanks for the heads up Karl, well done! I'll have to break down and buy it. I hope I can find it in-between all the adds!

As for cars I had Fords, spent too much money restoring a 78 mercury Cougar XR7, I loved that big monster, but she was stolen.

I was almost forced into driving Chevrolets. I needed a cheap car when I was a young father to haul me back and forth from work 21 miles each way. I bought a 77 El Camino with an inline 6 and 3 on the tree for $400. Drove it for 40000 miles only needing a battery, brakes and tires. I was sold on Chevrolet from then on. Now all I look for in a new car is a bow tie.

I do also have a fully loaded Mercury Villager, but she was so cheap I could not resist and she is great for little league. I have to admit the rice burner is a good vehicle.

My wife has the good car, a Malibu. My son has a Camaro, my daughters both had the Cruze, but my oldest daughter lost her mind and bought a new top of the line Jeep something or other, a problem waiting to happen it what it is. It looks more like a BMW SUV then a Jeep. I told her "make sure you get the extended warranty"

My son-in-law is a veteran and he loves those jeeps. He had the big one with the soft top. Made frequent stops for warranty work. The jokes on him because now he drives a Toyota company car. I always tell him "check the air bag".

Speaking of BMW I had one of those. Great cars but God help you if you need to buy parts! In all of Baltimore I only knew of 1 wholesale parts dealer for BMW parts. There were others who called themselves "wholesale dealers" but 10% off is not wholesale. Even with a true wholesale discount they were expensive!

My 6 year old grandson has promised to buy me a new corvette, but that will be a few years ;) By then I will get in and need a tow truck to get back out.

I'm sorry to hear that Ken and even though I will miss your comments I don't blame you a bit.

Have a good night my friend.

attachment.php

With my poor vision I just realized what the text in the picture said!

Is anything like the bigger the truck, the smaller the man that drives it?

2013-chevrolet-spark-hatchback_5.jpg

When my youngest daughter was buying her new Cruze I went with her and I embarrassed her when I got my 6'7" 290lb body into one of these. Just to be sure everyone saw me I loudly announced to the salesmen as I was getting out "hey look I fit great" I really did, it has lots of room, although you would not want to be the passenger behind my seat. My daughter said "only you dad, I don't know why I always bring you with me?" I'd like to have one for running errands around town, you could park it anywhere!

For vehicles, I have an F250 that goes through gas like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and we have the new Imploda for my wife. Since she isn't supposed to drive much, other than to and from the doctor or store, I drive it most of the time. We've had it nearly a year, and have put almost 11,000 miles on it. It gets around 28mpg combined city/road. Not bad for a "full size" car.

Karl, I got the package in the mail and the DVD burner is churning away.

Ok, that is enough fun for me for one day. I am going to bed and fall asleep watching the Orioles mount a comeback. I won't make it one inning, but hopefully the replay will be on when I wake up.

Have a good night everybody!

PS Terry could we have Columbian coffee in the new coffee shop?

Louis, I'm not even going to show a pic of my little run-around. Less than 4' tall and from the late 80's, But it's fun.

Thanks for the heads up Karl, well done! I'll have to break down and buy it. I hope I can find it in-between all the adds!

As for cars I had Fords, spent too much money restoring a 78 mercury Cougar XR7, I loved that big monster, but she was stolen.

I was almost forced into driving Chevrolets. I needed a cheap car when I was a young father to haul me back and forth from work 21 miles each way. I bought a 77 El Camino with an inline 6 and 3 on the tree for $400. Drove it for 40000 miles only needing a battery, brakes and tires. I was sold on Chevrolet from then on. Now all I look for in a new car is a bow tie.

I do also have a fully loaded Mercury Villager, but she was so cheap I could not resist and she is great for little league. I have to admit the rice burner is a good vehicle.

My wife has the good car, a Malibu. My son has a Camaro, my daughters both had the Cruze, but my oldest daughter lost her mind and bought a new top of the line Jeep something or other, a problem waiting to happen it what it is. It looks more like a BMW SUV then a Jeep. I told her "make sure you get the extended warranty"

My son-in-law is a veteran and he loves those jeeps. He had the big one with the soft top. Made frequent stops for warranty work. The jokes on him because now he drives a Toyota company car. I always tell him "check the air bag".

Speaking of BMW I had one of those. Great cars but God help you if you need to buy parts! In all of Baltimore I only knew of 1 wholesale parts dealer for BMW parts. There were others who called themselves "wholesale dealers" but 10% off is not wholesale. Even with a true wholesale discount they were expensive!

My 6 year old grandson has promised to buy me a new corvette, but that will be a few years ;) By then I will get in and need a tow truck to get back out.

'Newest' car I ever owned was a Jetta I inherited from my Father. It was not a car, it was a 'driving suit'! Compared to the Park Avenue I was pushing before that. Been going with Dodge vans lately, had one that served me very well. Then drove a gawd awful Toyota Highlander for a while and scurried back to another Dodge as soon as I could find a rube to unload it on! The guy gave me $8,200 for it! (I know!) I bought the Dodge and paid for a half a years worth of taxes on the property! LOL!

P.T. Barnum was right!

Back