Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

Looking around down here and it is BARE! Gonna buy some primer too and get that going on the walls, get that funky basement smell beat back a bit. Once the walls are done it will be much brighter down here, the old lights are going to go, new fixtures for the new ceiling. The shcmuck that built this has half the wall deep red (???) not the best mood enhancer to be looking at all day! I need earth tones! (weep) The last of the kona is going down smooth, y'all have a blessed day!

Good morning all. Enjoyed the coffee. Just taking a break from various remodeling projects to say hello.

Karl - Geeze, that thing sure looks uncomfortable, but I guess it's for the best. Hope you're feeling well. As lonf as you're willing to show yourself, I guess I can return the gesture. Yours truly at the Nationals in Reno, NV.

pictures 1519.jpg Maybe some more will come on board and show themselves. Hope I don't scare anyone off.

Looks like the new guy is getting ready to get started. Hopefully he is smarter than the camera and can figure out how to work it. It took me quite a while to get the hang of my new Cannon. Still learning things about it. Waiting to see him get started on a layout. Prime and get some sky blue paint my friend. I should have painted my crappy looking paneling before I started my layout.

Looks like 113 is getting a nice collection started. I would send him some Milwaukee Railroad items but I really don't want to part with them as I got them from my relatives working on the railroad.

View attachment 51203 Maybe some more will come on board and show themselves. Hope I don't scare anyone off.

Looks like 113 is getting a nice collection started. I would send him some Milwaukee Railroad items but I really don't want to part with them as I got them from my relatives working on the railroad.

That's perfectly alright buddy, I very much appreciate the thought! Would love to get my dirty mittens on one of those railroad lanterns, but so far, nobody ships outside the good ol' US of A..
Btw, got another three travelling, vacation, brochures coming in..
As for the Milwaukee Road Magazine, they're all from '69, the year that I was born!

Here I am with Jim Hediger while I visited MR HQ in Milwaukee. (I am on the right in the photo in tan jacket.)

MR3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't have that can we? Too bad Schlitz are gone, I'd have liked to try them....will have to be a Pabst, in honour of Milwaukee and its Beer Line!

In saying that, I saw something the other day, that Schlitz were going to make a comeback, but I can't for my life, remember where I saw it, how frustrating is that!? lol

WIN_20150725_132023.JPG

Holy waa it worked! This is me in IT! I'm about 20+ feet from the camera and it goes off past the 'bricks' another 10-12 feet! Told ya, I got ROOM! This place was two pallets deep along the entire wall to the tippiy top when I started. See what I mean about the ceiling? A definite no-go at this station! Now I figured out how to, pics will be available for comment and of course ridicule. (what a noob, did you SEE that crap he's bragging bout?)

We can't have that can we? Too bad Schlitz are gone, I'd have liked to try them....will have to be a Pabst, in honour of Milwaukee and its Beer Line!

In saying that, I saw something the other day, that Schlitz were going to make a comeback, but I can't for my life, remember where I saw it, how frustrating is that!? lol

Milwaukee was IT for beer when they stopped using Detroit River water in STROH'S! T'was a SAD day that was, I'll never see 30 grown Polacks (my Uncles and Cousins) weeping in public like that again. You never tried THE BULL??? oh you missed out on some SEERIOUS hangover pain! It was the BOMB!(brain type, one each)

Missed out a lot of good beers I think...Schlitz, Blatz etc., etc., mind you not all were good maybe, but still.
Just typed Schlitz in the search on ebay and it returned 6,836 items!!

I want this one, too bad that it's $750 and only ships to the good ol' US of A!

Schlitz Lamp.jpg

Blatz! LMAO "Honey, get cha Gramma nother beer." A dash in the poodles bowl, (dog was a LUSH!) a sip for me and reach WAY up and put it on the table for Gramma! Ah, good times. SWEET lamp! btw

Speaking of beer, here is a photo of my wife and I, posing in front of one of the USS Arizona's anchors:

DSCI0110.jpg

Wife's Birthday Today, I did not forget (s'only been 21 years I knowed the girl!) She says she wants a Rock, I'm thinkin jewelry store, she's thinkin Nursery, 320+ lbs of a chunk of soon to become a landmark for tourism gawdawful quartz, ooooo k. Where do ya want it lady! LOL This is different, known her a good long while and I never saw THIS! They do zig when ya least expect. Course the price woudla been the same for a smaller rock at the jewelry store! LOL

Back