Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

It sure has been quite. Haven't heard from Louis in a while either. Have to send him an email and see how he's doing. Probably busy coaching his kids in baseball.

I'm still here .. If anyone cares ( LOL)

Weather has just been too nice to stay indoors. High 80's clear sky mid day.

Ready for my second cup .. Thanks Chet!

Good afternoon. Instead of being busy at work today, I have been hiding in the darkest corner of the house I can find, with a pretty severe migraine headache.
I thought I was better, after 14+ hours of it, but sitting up with a laptop, it has started up again.
Back to hiding...

Hope you feel better Terry. Have you tried whiskey???? With enough of it, it may not cure the pain, but then you won't really care. Good luck.

Terry. Been looking for an article I read awhile back. Still looking!
Anyway, someone says that low Magneisum contributes to migraines.

Hello All,
I know I have been gone a couple of days. MOH and I have been working at our daughters house. Today the 3 of us put down 3 pallets of sod in her back yard. We still need about half of another. Well needless to say I am wore out and pretty stiff so that's it for tonight.
I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt - I feel your pain. That's some back breaking work. ;) With all of the construction work I've been doing, I have parts of me hurting that I thought fell off years ago. Just got a call and found out that the new kitchen counter tops will be delivered, so I will be crawling underneath getting the old one unscrewed and will have to remove all of the plumbing and garbage disposal to get ready for the new tops.

I think I'll need some whiskey.

Not whisky, but here is my beer brewery. .... The photos iare a few years old, and the brewery is one of the oldest industries on my layout. Anybody thirsty tonight ?

brewery.jpg

sd9atbrewery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, fellas.
Garry, I could use a couple boxcar loads of Old Style at my distributor, these places are getting low.

015_zps335b6323.jpg

Terr in NW Wisconsin

coffee_pot.jpgGood morning to all. Time to get a cup, a Dainish and leave a nice fat tip

Garry - more great photos as usual. Nothing wrong with beer.

Terry - nice photo also.

Heard from Louis - he alive and well and busier than a one armed paper hanger.

Today my kitchen counter tops will be delivered and installed so I probably won't be around later. For some reason, I can see some plumbing chores in my future. The wife will be happy though.

Have a good one today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chet ... Thanks for commenting. ... Wow, your house is getting a major make-over.

Terry ... Thanks for the remark. ... I like your photo. ... You included many details such as window air conditioners.

Patrick ..... Good to see you. .... Rain seems to be everywhere.

With all the rain in this region in recent weeks, the lake here is rising.

Happy Model Railroading .

Having some sourdough toast and jelly with some good coffee this morning. One dog laying under my feet - the other scrunched against me as clos e as he can get. Life is good!
Weather has been just awesome for this time of year.
Today
High 77 | Low 55 °F
20% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 82 | Low 62.4 °F
Precip. 0 in

Have an appointment with the oncologist later on today, and the surgery doctor tomorrow. Half done with my chemo doses - 12 weeks to go .. Sure hope that will be the end of it? I have been thinking about trying to buy a pharmacy because of all the pills that my spousal unit and I are taking. Unbelievable!

GARRY. What can I add .. Great modeling!

TERR looks great .. Keep it up. Like the details .. Trash cans, a/c units, and signage.

Glad to hear that Louis doing fine.

PACTRICK. You have my permission to ship some of that rainfall out here? Can't wait to see progress on your layout.

CHET. Good luck with the plumbing. I shudder thinking about sink, garbage, dishwasher, water reverse osmosis filters and such .. Did I leave out any? I'll take a couple cases of Dos X please.

Dogs are some good friends. I'm just glad that mine are small dogs also. Try to sit and watch some TV and they want to be in a lap.

Picture_078.jpg Dog Rules.jpg

It's really a lot of fun trying to get remodeling work done with them around. Too many little supervisors. They have to be in the middle of everything.

Good afternoon. Instead of being busy at work today, I have been hiding in the darkest corner of the house I can find, with a pretty severe migraine headache.
I thought I was better, after 14+ hours of it, but sitting up with a laptop, it has started up again.
Back to hiding...

Terry, Be cautious, bad headaches can be a sign something else is going on with you? Check your blood pressure. Hopefully your not too troubled with other matters either? If so, don't keep mulling over them, get them out in the open by talking to a friend to get them out in the open as it allows you to take a different view of them when relating them to another.

Hope this offers some help.

Good morning, the coffee tastes great. A free refill means a bigger tip.

Terry - Hope you're feeling better.

The new countertops are in. After running out of four letter words and having to resort to hyphenated words, three knuckles some dirty looks, the plumbing is up and working, to a degree. The new sink is an under mount sink, with part of it looking the size of a bath tub, the drain plumbing was a nightmare. Got it working for the time being, but I'll have to pay a visit to the hardware store some time in the next day or so to simplify the mess under the sink.

Hope everyone has a better day than I did yesterday.

Good morning folks.

It's a typical July day today. Mostly sunny with a high of 83 and just a touch humid. Not bad. I think it's suppose to be humid and almost 90 tomorrow.

Chet, you are certainly doing quite the makeover of your home. I'm sure it'll be really nice when you finish.

Terry, I've never suffered from migraines but my mother did when I was a kid. She would lay in the living room with a towel over her eyes and make us play outside. We use to go through bottles of Excedrin!

Garry, all you're missing from your brewery is the worlds largest six pack!

Not much going on for me but work and weddings. I have off this Saturday for a wedding and then I'm taking next weekend off to go to the lake. Four days at the lake is much needed! I've taken more Saturdays off this summer than the last three years combined. My commission check will suffer but I'm taking advantage of the situation while I can before someone slaps a manager title on me and I'm "needed" every weekend!

Time to get ready for work. Have a good day everyone.

Back