Documented Dbl-Deck Layout Construction, Marvelous

beiland

I was following a few of the documented layout constructions on this forum, and they provide a wealth of good information, particularly when they include a lot of photos.

Somehow I found this marvelous example of a documented layout and construction of a dbl-deck layout presented on its own 'independent website'...
http://nyandlb.com/

This web site was created to document the progress of my HO (1:87) model railroad of the New York and Long Branch Railroad, NY&LB (the present North Jersey Coast Line) between the years 1952 and 1958. The layout is located in the basement of my home in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ just two blocks from the North Jersey Coast Line. I am building a double-deck shelf type layout to maximize the 38 scale miles of linear footage. The layout will use DCC control and sound.

I chose this time frame because it represents the most dynamic period in the railroad's long history. Dynamic because this was the transition period between the steam and diesel eras on this commuter line. Everything from CNJ camelback steam to Baldwin double-enders to FM trainmasters were run on the line. The Pennsylvania RR ran its diesel E units, sharks and Alco PA engines, as well as the famous K4s Steam Pacifics during this period of time ....

LOTs of great photos and text,...ie
http://nyandlb.com/construction_progress.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW,...lots of views, but no replies. I'm surprised.

Perhaps there is SO MUCH to view, folks have not gone always thru that presentation yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I totally missed these, both great sites with a wealth of info!
I love that lift bridge build, reminded me to start a thread on mine.
Thanx!

Wow I totally missed these, both great sites with a wealth of info!
I love that lift bridge build, reminded me to start a thread on mine.
Thanx!
Yes please start that new 'lift bridge' subject thread. i will need one of these on my new layout.

Found Excellent Sites thru Google IMAGES

Interesting that I found these 2 really good construction documentation sites I posted above by following the links posted in a couple of images posted on Google.

Now imagine that google would NOT be allowed to post ANY images as a result of copyright law ???? :eek:

Back