Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

I have no idea what did this. I bet DOTD is gonna have some fun finding out though.

DSCN6739.jpg

DSCN6737.jpg
Loaded 18 wheeler doing a really tight U-turn?

That's what I'm thinking. The road has a nine ton weight limit.That would be an extremely tight turn but the evidence all fits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing much going on this evening. It's 80°, partly cloudy, 73% humidity. Here's a shot of the moon. Don't ask. I got real lucky.

ecc692c3-8ae4-4a3c-bdb4-7e1640d52db9.png

Little else worked right today. The Magicjack is up and running. I can make and take calls with no problem.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

th_PIC_0032.png

DSCN5935.jpg

DSCN5868.jpg

COFFEE_REFILL.png

Good Morning!

It's Sat 8/16/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Chance of rain with a high of 80. Some yard work and a trip to the club today.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Morning All,

Just finished breakfast. I have been up for a while but just having a cup of Bill's coffee.

Not much planned for the day. In a bit I am driving up to the hobby shop in Eustis. The owner is a great guy and I see Phil (Flip) there. I was going to stop at the train store in Orlando yesterday but I was pretty tired so I skipped it. Went to bed around 8 PM last night and feel fine this morning. Earlier in the week I received Pennsy Power II. I wanted it as a reference since it covers diesel power.

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Hope everybody has a good day.

Morning everyone, 77* on its way to 93* & tstorms sooo the usual. Matt sorry about your mom
I miss mine everyday.in the death realm my gf got a call wed nite, her niece
26 years old was found dead in her home on the couch while her 2 kids watched tv
Her husband found her when he came home from work

Good morning, everybody.

Matt .... You are welcome. prayers continue.

blackz28 ... That's sad.

Curt ... Thanks for posting photos of old passenger cars and track equipment.

Our gaarge interior project is progressing very nicely. ,,, Hope to be back to model railroading in day or two.

Good morning. The weather is unseasonably nice here in central MD. I'll be out in it for several hours later today as I mow my lawn.

Z, that's horrible - wonder if it was from a combo of booze and prescription drugs...?

Curt, your last pic reminded me of something I saw on I-70 westbound on Thursday: Two lowboys were hauling Trackmobiles. They weren't lettered for CSX or NS, apparently they were owned by some leasing company [wish I could remember the name].

MRR agenda for today: Finish painting the collection of Mavericks for the auto racks, and tidy-up the trainroom for Thursday's planned op session.

Good Morning. It's warmer this morning already in the upper 60s, still a lot of summer to go. No real plans today. Enjoy the weekend.

Joe

Good morning. It's 81° with 85% humidity. The high will be 95°, cloudy with a small chance of rain.
pcloudy-1.jpg
with
cond20.jpg

No plans for today. Still in a puzzle concerning the road damage yesterday. The more I look at it the more I think it was done by a very heavy truck trailer being turned there.

DSCN6214.jpg

DSCN6276.jpg

DSCN6281.jpg

I'll follow Curt with photos of old hulks rusting away. These are at the Heart of Dixie RR Museum in Alabama.

DSCN3952.jpg

DSCN3953.jpg

Good Hot afternoon all, It's 97.7 °F - Feels Like 94 °F, it feels rather hot to me irregardless. The Humidity is 19% and winds are out of the SW at 6.3 mph but I haven't noticed anything that strong. The overnight low is should be about 64 °F? [WW did not directly state what it should be?]

Say Matt: I'm also very sorry to hear about your Mom too along with everyone else. I hadn't heard you mention about her condition unless I missed it recently before now, if so sorry. Like Blk Z I too miss my Mom's passing and often think of her as I sure you will your Mom too! I heard it said their spirits are always near us so don't be afraid to talk with her.

Say BlkZ: Tell your lovely GF I'm very sorry to hear about her niece, 26 is just too young to have something like that happen as Ken says too.

Life seems to hold some strange twists and turns alright!

Back