Your Favorite Rolling Stock....what did you order?

railfan

junk collector
I'm kind of excited having found and ordered two barely used N scale union pacific F3A's....one intermountain and one kato. I rarely see these for sale new or even used.......except occasionally on ebay and they usually command higher prices.

INTERMOUNTAIN20F3A20Union20Pacific_zps92534d36.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(Warning: N scale ahead)

I have a growing fleet of Atlas Trainman 90 ton coal hoppers. Enjoy collecting them because they're readily available, somewhat affordable, come in numerous liveries, and look nice. One disgruntled reviewer claimed he bought some, thought they were too light and derailed easily. Well it's true they are lightweight.....but mine run perfect and never derail. Using a gram scale, I weighed three cars in three different liveries, obtained from different sources. All weigh exactly the same 14.4 grams. They come from the factory with a small metal rod added for weight and stability. Still a tad light though.

atlas%20n%20scale%2090%20ton%20hopper%20cn.gif
50000215_TQ.jpg

Today I won these two kato FB locomotives on ebay. One is an F3B, other is F7B. Now I'll have an A-B-B-A lash-up.

$(KGrHqV,!lMFG60jCsGLBR1c+M(wq!~~60_57.JPG

The triplex sure got the power to the rails. The BG's were successful in Aussie and South Africa but not in NZ where they lost traction as the fuel and water was used up.

Totally undecorated Athearn freight cars. These were done over 20 years ago. Got out the air brush, some decals and with a little bit of time came up with these. Ran off about 30 different cars in less than a week. What happened to my get up and go ?
IMAG0259.jpgIMAG0261.jpgIMAG0264.jpgIMAG0265.jpg

But my real passion is long freights of the modern variety.....[video=youtube;oqTyoFVDXWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oqTyoFVDXWc[/video]

I've seen that 110 car one before. One of the best N scale long train vidoes ever! Great collection!

Great video. I can't get over the improvement that has been made in N scale since I abandoned it in the late 70's. If the equipment operated like the new we now have available, I would probably still be in N scale. The is a group of N scales in my area that has a modular layout the put on exhibition in the area and I am so amazed at the running quality compared to the garbage that was available I had to work with. I could probably have a 30 scale mile mainline. Well done.

Great video. I can't get over the improvement that has been made in N scale since I abandoned it in the late 70's. If the equipment operated like the new we now have available, I would probably still be in N scale. The is a group of N scales in my area that has a modular layout the put on exhibition in the area and I am so amazed at the running quality compared to the garbage that was available I had to work with. I could probably have a 30 scale mile mainline. Well done.
Montanan, the weathering on your boxcars and track is superb!

You wouldn't believe how easy it is. I use chalk on a firm brush to give the streaking from where it would come down from the roof. Using an air brush, I lightly spray a color such as mud or grime along the lower edge of the cars and then over spray the whole car with dullcoat to seal it. I usually get a dozen or so together to do at one time and it only takes a few minutes each.

Back