Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

Good Morning!

27F and Sunny, going to 37F in Howell NJ today.

There are times I miss going to the office, then my senses return:D.

I might start a structure kit today, if i get the table cleaned off.

Have a great day.

Joe

Railfan: That looks like good heavy butt-joint construction. I did the same on my layout. The north, east and west sides are bolted to the walls with five legs supporting the middle. Three under the main and two under the extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's a nice balmy 40° with 81% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a small chance of rain. The high will be a blazing 50°.
cond006.gif
cond20.jpg

Nothing much planned for today. Work on the layout, watch some TV, wonder what those in better circumstances are doing. In other words pretty much a normal day.

DSCN2737.jpg

Good morning folks.

It's sunny and cold here in the upper Midwest. I washed my car before work today because I couldn't stand it anymore. I know it will get dirty right away but at least I got the salt off of it.

Nothing much new on the train front. Improving the layout is on hold while I decide whether to buy a house this summer or not. The plan was to buy one but I think we're leaning towards waiting one more year. We don't know if my wife will be moved to a different gas station in a surrounding community or if she'll stay here in town. If she gets a store in the town ten miles north of here we'll buy a house there so I commute instead of her. Driving through the snow at 9 am like I do is much preferred to her drive at 5:30 am. We'll see if the bug to buy a house bites this spring or if we can wait. We've been renting for 5 years so what's the difference?

Other than that I don't know much. I'm still stuck at work 55 hours a week so there is little time for trains anyway.

Have a good day everyone.

39 degrees here with high to 57, clear and sunny, but rain possible this weekend. Going to unbox some of my railroad stuff stored at one of my rental houses this weekend. Been about 9-10 years, so it might be time to start up again. Just need room for a lay out......

39 degrees here with high to 57, clear and sunny, but rain possible this weekend. Going to unbox some of my railroad stuff stored at one of my rental houses this weekend. Been about 9-10 years, so it might be time to start up again. Just need room for a lay out......
I've noticed you're getting some chilly temps out there. I guess maybe it stays warmer down around LA and san diego. I always thought california never got cold.

Mike

well today it started out at 60* & it currently sunny 80* just bought a new grill so now im back to being the hunter/gatherer:D so im gonna go out and char me some mammo flesh :D

the girlfriend just barked at me for leaving the doors open when the air conditioning is on lol bet most of you guys dont have that problem :D

I want to say thanks to Jeffrey for giving me the idea of using a sharpie on the handrails of my LifeLike GP20. It came with gray handrails and the CB&Q had black handrails. Well, the plastic that they are made of is very flexible and slick making it notorious for not holding paint very well. So out comes the sharpie and the "painting" begins. I think it turned out very well and I don't have to worry about peeling or flaking paint. If it should ever need touching up it will be an easy and quick job. We'll see if the picture stuff works or not.:)

View attachment 34293

View attachment 34294

I want to say thanks to Jeffrey for giving me the idea of using a sharpie on the handrails of my LifeLike GP20. It came with gray handrails and the CB&Q had black handrails. Well, the plastic that they are made of is very flexible and slick making it notorious for not holding paint very well. So out comes the sharpie and the "painting" begins. I think it turned out very well and I don't have to worry about peeling or flaking paint. If it should ever need touching up it will be an easy and quick job. We'll see if the picture stuff works or not.:)

View attachment 34293

View attachment 34294

bob that came out really nice !!!!

the girlfriend just barked at me for leaving the doors open when the air conditioning is on lol bet most of you guys dont have that problem :D

The barking girlfriend or the a/c being on?
Be careful how you answer that, if your girlfriend reads over your shoulder...

Back