a rant

blackz28

grrrhhh ok my son who is 16 has a bunch of ho stuff he wants to sell to raise money to finance some new loco's & he promised me he would give 10% of the sales to wounded warrior project , :D
well he wrote out the ad & posted it to HOYARDSALE.COM it came back turns out he used all caps , fine i understood this so since my son was in bed i redid the ad without caps ,except when it came to the road names .
so i resubmitted it, & i got this response
i said to not use 'reply' or 'forward' to repost, but clearly you ignored that. Get rid of the all-caps below as you were previously instructed as well. Also, Athearn makes GP38-2s, not GP38s
so i redid it a second time & didnt use any caps & used a new post I DID NOT USE REPLY OR FORWARD !!!
Well my son gets on later that morning to findout he got banned !!!! he wrote to the mod explaining things & nothing , unbelievable , banning a 16 year old kid when all he was trying to do was raise some money & it was dont correctly the 2nd time :mad: RANT OFF !!!so i posted it for him in the for sale section thank you guys for listening

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I signed up to to be able to use the group, I haven't ever tried. I think it's because of the updates I've read through email on how to post what you want. I understand that the structure of how they want things posted can't be too difficult, but it feels a little intimidating. The owner of the group sounds a little bit like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Just use ebay and pay your fees. It's much more forgiving.

Now you know why I don't go the HO Yardsale to sell or buy. Jerks and A-Holes in charge.
jeffery i will tell you the response was like he was swearing & being an ass, i mean come on my son & i havent sold anything on there before so i guess you dont get any chances to make mistakes , freindly diolog would go along way , but i guess civility has gone away in our society

Though I signed up to to be able to use the group, I haven't ever tried. I think it's because of the updates I've read through email on how to post what you want. I understand that the structure of how they want things posted can't be too difficult, but it feels a little intimidating. The owner of the group sounds a little bit like the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Just use ebay and pay your fees. It's much more forgiving.
you hit it on the head i mean im not posting a personal ad lol:rolleyes: caps & the way you reply should not be a big deal , that being said , since its a privately owned group i dont have a problem following guidlines but come on a little help would go along way !

If you follow the rules of HOYardsale its a great place. I have found fantastic deals and bought and sold hundreds of dollars worth of trains through the group. Ive found Patrick, the moderator, to be fair but firm and methodical in the manner in which he runs his group. He doesnt charge for the use of his group, so i think that following the rules that he has set are more than fair.

Im also 16 and have used the group for about a year. Anytime the moderator has had a problem with a post he has explained his reasoning and 99% of the time it has been an error on my part.

It seems that whatever has occured between you/your son and the moderator was some kind of technical error. Id suggest talking to Mr Harris about it and if he doesnt want to listen than so be it. Its his group, meaning his rules, and he can rule as he wants. Is it fair, maybe not in this situation, but by taking on the responsibility of running the group, he has earned the right to choose who utilizes it.

I do hope that things will work out for you, as ive thouroughly enjoyed using the group.

If you follow the rules of HOYardsale its a great place.

i was trying to but just got sarcastic responses , :mad:i myself have gotten alot of locos off of there also & as i stated before i know its his group but he needs to lighten up :rolleyes:
thanks it will work out cause i posted all the stuff for sale on the site :D

I had never heard of HOYARDSALE.com before this thread, but it certainly seems like a good site to just stay away from. There is no need to subject one's self to this type of rudeness.

I had never heard of HOYARDSALE.com before this thread, but it certainly seems like a good site to just stay away from. There is no need to subject one's self to this type of rudeness.
That's on e of the reasons I stay away. I have enough trouble with my infamous temper without places like that setting it off.

Sounds to me like they drastically overreacted to a well-intentioned mistake.

Having said that, allow me to share my own experience as an admin on one of the largest photography forums on the net. The board that gives us the most trouble is the buy/sell/marketplace forum. I have no doubt that we've probably banned people when they innocently violated the rules, and if they can convince us of that, we will reinstate them without a lot of fuss. The problem arises from so many people deliberately trying to get around the rules, or just totally disregarding them. After a while, they do test our patience, and it probably affects how we react to more innocent offenders.

At all times we try to be mindful that the rule-breakers generally fall into two categories: the accidental offender, and the blatant rule-breaker. We will almost always give someone the benefit of the doubt ---- once.

man stay away from hoyardsale what a prick that guy is and if you post anything about him on here well your going to get kick off his group a f**King nazi.... happen to me.

man stay away from hoyardsale what a prick that guy is and if you post anything about him on here well your going to get kick off his group a f**King nazi.... happen to me.
thanks for the warning brotha but as long as hes just a keyboard commando then we will not have any issues ;)

well some how he found out I said something on here about him and his site and the next day i was kicked off with no reson from him so if you like to stay on it just watch out B/c thats how it started with me.

well some how he found out I said something on here about him and his site and the next day i was kicked off with no reson from him so if you like to stay on it just watch out B/c thats how it started with me.
crap do i have to check the bushes when i come home :p?? thank you but ,if i get kicked off life will go on , bills will still be due & i will just get my train fix from anybody but the HO SOUP NAZI !!!!!!
seriously thanks for listening to my rant & giving me heads up , i still love this site , come on big man hug :D

Back