Fastening Kato Unitrak

Rico

BN Modeller
Hello All, been away for awhile, (likely no one noticed) heh heh.:rolleyes:
Well the HO layout is now dismantled for needed basement repairs, the G scale layout in the yard won't be workable for a few more months, and I'm running out of money for the 1/1 scale "layout" out back. So now I've started an N scale coffee table layout to tide me over.
"Trains will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no trains" as the saying goes.
Anyway I'm going with Kato unitrak in a double folded dogbone design, looks great on paper.....
So to you guys using this track what methods do you use to fasten it down?
I'm thinking silicone, maybe liquid nails? Haven't found anything on the net yet, may not be looking in the right places tho.
Thanx for any help!

I can't see why latex acrylic wouldn't do the job. Liquid Nails is hard to work with and you'll never get up any track without wrecking it. I've given silicone a try a few times and it's not bad but it's really hard to get a level path laid for the tracks and it tends to glop up between the ties. It also stinks for manths after you use it. :)

I hope I'm wrong but it seems that you are going to have more grade on the tracks that a train can cope with. Will you explain for me?

Thanx Jim, I'll look into the acrylics.
Nof, it will be a steep grade, but the drawing makes it look worse than it is.
I put the track together the other day and it turns out longer than it is wide, also wiill be only six car trains or a couple BCR RDC's running. Might be a 2.5 or 3% when all is said and done.
R

Back