$50 Athearn Covered Hopper

Rock Island is pretty popular :confused:

I'm kidding of course, I think that is a bit high too but, if it's a car that someone has been searching high and low for....

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I got my RI P2K for less then 1/5 that! Plus it looks much better then the Athearn.

Weird, I got my RI P2K for less then 1/5 that! Plus it looks much better then the Athearn.

Yeah. I bought a threesome of RI P2K's last week for $35. $50 would have to buy a minimum of 4 before I'd bid.

Now if I can just find a deal on InterMountain.

jbaakko,

Did you ever get those SD60 parts?

I still need a headlight cover and class lights.

Holy smokes! I bought a 4 pack of UP DD boxcars from that same seller for 20 bucks...I think I got a better deal... :)

Mark

And who said a fool and his money are soon departed !

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, the general level of what people will pay is driven directly by the number of morons willing to fight it out over a common item, as seems to the the case here. The good thing is I show ads like this to my wife occasionally and and say "See, honey, I'm not spending money, it's an investment:. :)

He's kind of in a bidding war, which probably shouldn't be happening until about 5-6 hrs from now. Might have saved him $20-30 at this point.

Still, it could end up being sniped, and he'll still lose out. But, it won't cost him.

Kennedy

He's a good guy. I got a brand new set of four Branchline NKP boxcars from him for about $30 including shipping. Delivered fast and everything was in good shape.

He's a good guy. I got a brand new set of four Branchline NKP boxcars from him for about $30 including shipping. Delivered fast and everything was in good shape.
Sure is! Just got myself a 4 pack of Data only ore cars from him.

:eek: Okay here is another one....I have got to be missing something here too.

Athearn RTR boxcar fetching a premium price. I agree that 'to each their own' but, wow. I'm just jealous and wish that I could sell auctions like that.

Weathered Boxcar

Back