Search results

1. John from Indiana

Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

There is a cardinal rule that states DO NOT place turnouts under anything permanent. Well, that's a lesson that I just learned. The turnout going in the portal on the right side is derailing light-weight cars. Nothing more aggravating than getting a broom stick to move the car so I can reach...
  2. IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

3. IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

4. John from Indiana

In my neck of the woods in Indiana, everywhere is a corn field
  5. John from Indiana

I had a Lionel train as a kid. My dad was a boilermaker for the Rock in Oklahoma. He met my mother on a Cheokee reservation and they moved to Dalhart, Texas along with my mother's mother, Bunny. They lived there and moved to So Cal with all the other Okies. They settled into a house in...
  6. 13002530_1015214291886093_8077515585100928609_o.jpg

13002530_1015214291886093_8077515585100928609_o.jpg

7. John from Indiana

BTW, the photo I inserted no longer exists. I ripped that mountain out and replaced it with this: The Fos dock warehouse is ripped out also. This is why nothing runs on my layout, I rip out more than I fix...but I'm having fun doing it and have not got bored yet
  8. John from Indiana

My Little Big Layout

I like your layout planning. I started out with a "duck-under" area; and it seemed like a great idea; but 2 knee replacements, a back bad and almost hitting 80 years old, I really have to think about the merits of getting on my knees and crawling under my layout. I put carpet down in my layout...
  9. John from Indiana

Troy: I might be a little late on comments for your layout; but you've opened up a new option for my layout 14x24 HO. Are you planning on installing a helix to go from one level to the other? I am fighting an on going battle with DCC. I built my layout around Dave Frary's Pennsy Middle...
  10. 3.jpg

3.jpg

11. John from Indiana

Why not Minot? was a city endorsement program to get businesses to move to Minot. That didn't work at all when I was there '62 to 65. Only business was winter wheat and rye. Minot AFB was considered an "isolated base' and they weren't kidding. The town was about 15 miles from base and if you...
  12. John from Indiana

I spent 3 years as the "trim crew" in Minot AFB, North Dakota. We would taxi a F106 down to the end of the runway and adjust the fuel control after an engine rebuild (every 200 hours). We did at around 01:00am and my job was to adjust the fuel control settings while the F106 was at idle and...
  13. John from Indiana

If you are ever in my neighborhood, stop by and I'll buy you a beer. I unpluged the throttle from my central DP-5 and plugged it into another one on my layout. And Presto!, I was able to hit the program button AND call up AD4. Before; trying to program AD4 was impossible. I'm like a little...
  14. John from Indiana

I do not use a UR-92, I use a DP-5 panel. I will switch it out tomorrow...thanks for the reply...Quick question: can I use a non-Digitrax throttle with the DB150? To me, Digitrax is very complicated, I would like something easy-peasy
  15. John from Indiana

Mike, I hope you don't mind; but I had to post this on Facebook....looks a little phoney though
  16. John from Indiana

I have been able to run 8 of 12 engines. I have to constantly reset the throttle though. The throttle also acts up when trying to program an engine. Does anyone have comments on the new Digitrax DT602 throttle...hopefully it is easier to understand. It gets aggravating trying to run trains...
  17. John from Indiana

I have pressed the program button over and over again and it will not get out of Fn mode. I have tried selecting a locomotive and it will not let me select any number. I cannot select the left hand engine; but this morning I could. I cannot select any locomotive number on either the right or...
  18. John from Indiana

I have shown the orange and green wires from the DB150 going straight to a 3-foot section of track. The main "Rail out" connections are not connected. the 2nd photo shows a Prose track power connection. The 3rd photo shows the known operatable engine. The last photo shows my DT402. I have hit...

Back