1. P

Power lines on utility poles.

Never even occurred to me but I like it :D
  2. P

A beginner's layout

Thanks, Z
  3. P

A beginner's layout

Thanks! I'm going to look online for some grafitti decals now... and practice some hand painted tags while I'm waiting for them :D
  4. P

A beginner's layout

Got the wall mostly painted this weekend. I mostly followed the video which I planned to but wasn't getting good results so I went a little rouge :p I plan to add graffiti decals (and attempt some hand painted "tags") and weathering powders to finish it up. I'm certainly not talented when it...
  5. P

Structure Interiors

Post cards are inexpensive but you are limited by what you can find which depicts what you want and is to scale (or close enough :D). I have used google images to search for what I want and with trial and error I print the picture scaling it until I get it "right"
  6. P

4x8 HO layout design competition

That makes sense. I call my layout a 12 x 12 but it isn't 144 sq ft. given the open center
  7. P

4x8 HO layout design competition

Not being sarcastic, but what do you mean? How can one cut up something which is 32 sq ft to make something that's 81 sq ft?
  8. P

A beginner's layout

Thanks! Yup, that's always been my plan :D. It's going to be less expensive to get the wall painted than buy another two or three buildings for the city scene though so the work above may have to wait a while. I've already been looking at buildings and backdrops online though 😂
  9. P

A beginner's layout

Got the wall (biggest part of it anyway) done. I also put a gray base color on with primer. I think I'll add a little more wall inside the tunnel too. I found this . I'm thinking of painting with something like this method. Hopefully start this weekend.
  10. P

What are you buying this Month?

My weathering skills are pretty bad but I'm trying to improve. I'll save this pic! Something to aspire to :D
  11. P

What are you buying this Month?

Stopped by the LHS on the way home from work to see if the $4.00 plastic had come in so I could finish my retaining wall. It hadn't come in so I got this $30 dollar boxcar. I can't let this become a pattern or they'll never tell me my plastic has arrived 🤣
  12. P

Returning to model railroads after 40+ year hiatus

Welcome! I second that DCC is the easiest way to run two locos on the layout (plus other benefits). Digitrax is a huge name and very popular. I however use NCE, another big and popular brand. I'm sure plenty of help can be found here for either system!
  13. P

The BGR (Bruette's Goofy Railroad)

You're right. "Guilty" is the wrong word. Both of my ready built structures were a gift from my mother. She loves those things :D
  14. P

A beginner's layout

Got some walls inside the tunnel today. Nothing's glued in place yet. I'll have to remove everything and spray paint before I glue in place. I can see it coming together! Continuing with the elevated city scene will have to wait until I can get some more buildings and assemble them :(
  15. P

The BGR (Bruette's Goofy Railroad)

I'm guilty of owning a couple of ready built structurers too 😂 I don't have any artistic skill either but while nothing I've built and painted is going to win any awards I'm pretty happy with them. Give a kit a try you may surprise yourself :)

Back