Marlin39's latest activity

• M
    Marlin39 reacted to Topherisme's post in the thread New Layout, Suggestions Needed with Like Like.
    Got a bigger yard planned for upper level, but hopefully this will do for just a few cars interchanged between NS and Conrail at the...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Trains.com.
    Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette GREAT modeling inspiration, product reviews, layouts, etc on line. Browse the "features"section...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Smaller engines.
    Unfortunately I'm not an artist, so I don't paint pretty pictures either.
  • M
    Correct. Here's a good way to look at it. Would this engine look out of place on 15" radius...
  • M
    I use small 4 axle engines (44 tonner, SW7, SW1200, NW2, etc) and a maximum freight car length of 40', without any issues on 15" radius.
  • M
    Quit bragging. ;) 😁
  • M
    Looks great! I have to ask how did you get perfect ballast between the ties?
  • M
    Use a driftwood wash and a dark grey wash, then add some highlights on the exposed shingle edges. Looks good
  • M
    The 2 Rapido's I have run flawlessly. Luck I guess. On the other hand I have had to send BLI products back for warranty work. One was...
  • M
    I believe you are 100% correct....unfortunately. Actual modeling will become diorama building and display at most for them. I think...
  • M
    Sorry for the thread hijack.😔
  • M
    Since we're discussing the "why are they", I'm just going to continue my Boomer "yelling at the clouds" rant... 😁 Why are companies...
  • M
    Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette is now almost $10 an issue. It's still full of plans, great layouts, history, and modeling, but I...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Building My First Layout.
    Now that you've been bitten a tiny little bit by an DCC engine......It's Time to pack up the DC stuff, buy an NCE controller, and start...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Ballast Options.
    Buy a big bag of decomposed granite, sieve it, and you're good to go. $10 will get you 25-35 pounds. It will be light in color though.

Back