View Poll Results: Which truck would you rather use?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/87

18 94.74%
  • Hot Wheels or Matchbox

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchbox or Hot Wheels trucks and 1/87 trucks

1. Default Matchbox or Hot Wheels trucks and 1/87 trucks

Sometimes Hot Wheels or Matchbox trucks will look perfect on HO layouts.They are very close to HO scale.

2. Default

Yes, I have several of the Matchbox trucks that, when they're not right next to a 1/87 scale vehicle, do look very good.
    Dr Frankendiesel -- aka -- Running Bear
    http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/v...nningbear1.jpg
    Managing director of the Midland Gulf Railway.

http://www.jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/
    History Channel Club Life Member
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

3. Default

There was a Peterbuilt tank truck with the driver inside of it that Matchbox or Hot Wheels used to make.

Well some of the trucks are passable but other than the Hot Wheels 1/87 cars the rest are much too big. There are some die cast cars that are close to passable, I don't know if they are hot wheels or not. I did collect some that I considered close enough but with the HO cars available from Wal Mart I've decided not to use them

Willis
    REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
    GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

:
    My CB&CNS Rwy. HO Layout

5. Cool

Matchbox has two utility trucks (! Ford and 1 GMC) that are spot on HO scale.They also have a Chevy mid 70s t0 mid 80s that has a very usable cab for use with a Athearn,Boley,Herpa chassis.Matchbox also has an International
    CXT pickup that works very nicely for HO.

Back in the late 60s MATCHBOX also had a Ford F800 tow truck and a Dodge tow truck and dumptruck that were spot on.
    Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
    Forgive Your Enemies - It Messes With Their Heads

Hi Catt, That's interesting information, guess I'll do a bit of looking around especially in my son's Hot Wheel collection (considering he's 40 now there's a good chance I'll find something) now I do believe it's in the basement somewhere.

Willis
    GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

:
    My CB&CNS Rwy. HO Layout

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CBCNSfan View Post
    Hi Catt, That's interesting information, guess I'll do a bit of looking around especially in my son's Hot Wheel collection (considering he's 40 now there's a good chance I'll find something) now I do believe it's in the basement somewhere.

Willis
    You son's old Hot Wheels cars are going to be more along the lines of 1/57-1/64 scale.

I believe the 1/87 Hot Wheels are a fairly recent addition.

Rotor
    Jake: How often does the train go by?

Elwood: So often you won't even notice ...

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...albumview=grid

Quote= Catt
    Back in the late 60s MATCHBOX also had a Ford F800 tow truck and a Dodge tow truck and dumptruck that were spot on.
    Hi Rotor, guess I'll be looking for those trucks only. I've bought some of the new 1/87 Hot Wheels cars at our Wal Mart, so far they haven't had any trucks.

Cheers Willis
    GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

:
    My CB&CNS Rwy. HO Layout

9. Default

If the Dodge wrecker Catt mentioned is the yellow and green BP tow truck, I have that one sitting in my Matchbox dealer counter display. It's also too large, but not as bad. I think it's 1/72.

Matchbox wasn't very consistant with what scale they produced models in. Many had the scale cast into the chassis.

I'll try to get a pic of mine next to an HO mid 70's Dodge model I have on my layout tomorrow.

Mathbox did have some vehicles that were closer to HO scale. I have an army medic van that is very close.

Rotor
    Last edited by Rotorranch; 02-06-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Jake: How often does the train go by?

Elwood: So often you won't even notice ...

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...albumview=grid

10. Cool

Judge fot yourself

Matchbox Dodge - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -ATLAS Ford

Matchbox Ford - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ATLAS Ford

I've beem searching for the Matchbox Dodge dumptruck ,and finding them all over the place but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay those idiotic prices for somthing I plan to modify anyway.
    Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
    Forgive Your Enemies - It Messes With Their Heads