Modell Railroad Links

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Good morning. 32 and sunny with flurries later in the day.
    No Whimpering!

2. Default

Good morning everyone. Happy Pi-Day, sometimes known as 3.14 Day. (I can't get the Greek letter "pi" to copy right in this typing box. Oh well.) Yes, it's March 14, or 3/14, the one day of the year most appreciated by mathematicians (and Greek scholars, I presume). In honor of this day several restaurants are giving away free pie or selling slices of pie for $3.14. Wear something pi-ish today - Archimedes would appreciate it!

22 (BRRRR) and partly cloudy here in SW MO, heading for 60. Supposed to be the last night below freezing, and it will his 70 tomorrow afternoon. So I'm hoping this is winter's last gasp, even though it's only mid-March.

Willie - Regarding rearranging - I hear you! As I'm rearranging my relatively small layout (12 x 20) I'm excited about the new possibilities. Just didn't see it until I started moving things around. Now I have room for more industries and stores and a greater variety of industries than before. I don't think I'll keep doing this for 4 years, though

Still working on a house structure build and considering different arrangements of the stores and industries around the layout.

Have a good day everyone.

3. Default

Johnny - (alt)227 π Not exactly the best representation though.

4. Default

Hi WILLIE ! I never saw JEFF's "RAILS OF THE WORLD". Did he mention getting a time table of the KCS ? I remember him talking about a WOLF SPIDER in one of his tunnels.

p.s.-only flurries we have are oak leaves falling.
    Last edited by Flip; 03-14-2018 at 06:04 AM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by santafewillie View Post
    Johnny - (alt)227 π Not exactly the best representation though.

Willie - Weird, but my keyboard won't do that. I have a Greek font I use frequently, but it doesn't work on the forum, and I can't get pi to come up with the alt227 combination. Don't know why. Oh, well - gotta go - there's a cup of coffee calling my name

Good morning, everybody .

I've been busy for a couple of days, but I did find some time to work on trains. I had some locomotives that were not running or lights were not working right. I reset deciders ti factory default which helped. One of them would not rest on the first try, but did after several attempts. I still had two locomotives that would not operate, and I replaced the decoders. I'll take those decoders to a friend who has a decoder tester to see if they are savable.

I ran some trains including the Empire Builder. It was in motion in this picture, and looks blurry because of that.

7. Default

GARRY- WOW !!!

Good morning. 31 degrees to start the day off and we should be close to 50 degrees again this afternoon. The snow is slowly melting away.Was greeted to this sunrise when I walked into the kitchen this morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180314_073741.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	929.5 KB 
ID:	65668

Today is the wife's last day of training. She can't wait to get out of San Antonio. Heads back tomorrow. Willie - I am sure that she will agree with the traffic situation down there.

Was not on the forum yesterday. A good friend who lets me use his airplanes kept me busy yesterday. His wife just had to have new Lexus, but there are no Lexus dealers in Montana. He had done some shopping around and found what he wanted in Salt Lake city, so we flew down yesterday to pick up the car. Had a really nice lunch and I flew the plane back home. A fantastic day for being in the air.

Garry - Love the photo. Keep them coming. I will agree with you on the subject od E-Commerce. If it wasn't for internet retailers, I may have lost interest in the hobby because of having no hobby shops in our area. Living near a small town, many of the large retailers don't have stores in our area. We buy quite a lot from Amazon and other internet retailers because there are so many items that are not available locally.

- Nice score on ebay. Should be a good addition to the layout.

Willie - Nice Bar Mills kit. I picked up a couple of their garage kits. Not expensive at all. They're sitting on the pile of projects on my work bench now.

Joe - Dental cost have been steadily rising. We have no dental plan, but have found a great dentist in Butte who gives quite a discount for paying cash. We have a plan with Care Credit. If you pay off the balance within 2 years there are no interest charges. It also happens to work at out Vet and can also be used as a Master Card. When I got my lower denture and had the posts implanted, we save big time. Saved us around 40%.

Steelwheels -
    If the guy Terry mentioned isn't interested, you might try the classifieds in MR magazine., There are people offering to buy entire layouts. Probably won't get anywhere what it's worth though. I had an N scale layout with over 11 scale miles of mainline back in the late 70's, but tore it out because of the crappy locomotives at the time an switched to HO scale. Now that I am older, I sure am glad that I did. The old peepers aren't as good as they used to be.

Having the week off has given me the chance to take care of many little honeydos. Almost caught up with them all. Hoping to get down to the train room later today.

Here's a rail photo for the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8cea0eca9987191.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	640.1 KB 
ID:	65669

................................ Chet

Video - Switching in Churchill -
    VIDEO Tour of the layout -
    New cab ride -

9. Default

Garry-That’s a great looking train, and scene! Well done!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Hi WILLIE ! I never saw JEFF's "RAILS OF THE WORLD". Did he mention getting a time table of the KCS ? I remember him talking about a WOLF SPIDER in one of his tunnels.

p.s.-only flurries we have are oak leaves falling.

Phil - I do remember the wolf spider in the tunnel episode, but I don't know whether or not it was on his forum or another one; he was on many of them if I recall correctly. I first got to know him over on the original "Gauge" or maybe "Trainboard". Regarding the KCS timetable, that would have been insignificant to me and I wouldn't remember. "Rails of the World" was not up and running for real long, and there were actually very few participants. I always liked his approach to modeling, as he could always make something out of nothing.