Modell Railroad Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rivet Counter N scale locos

Default Rivet Counter N Scale BNSF 4 GEVo ET44C4 Diesel Locomotive by ScaleTrains.com

Found this and was wondering if anyone owns any of their locos? How do they rate?

https://www.scaletrains.com/collecti...nsf-heritage-3
    Last edited by oplholik; 12-18-2017 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Edited title
    Retirement is for when the weekends just aren't long enough anymore.
    Santa Fe, and BNSF fan.
    Paul

N scale rivet counters? Can you actually see the rivets?
    Ken
    When ya absolutely positively need model railroad fun, choose the D&J Railroad.

Visit the progress of the construction of the D&J Railroad at:
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...-From-Scratch]

I doubt it, but if I could I wouldn't try counting them, it would take better eyes than I have.
    Santa Fe, and BNSF fan.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by D&J RailRoad View Post
    N scale rivet counters? Can you actually see the rivets?
    If you go to the link that Paul provides and click each picture to enlarge it, then hover the pointer over that image, yes you can see the rivets. Somewhat out of focus, certainly. Also reveals stuff that's not so attractive though, but which you would only see with the eyes (or your normal glasses) with the aid of further magnification anyway. I can say that their HO stuff in this range (rivetcounter) is superior to anything put out by anyone else. e.g. Genesis, Proto 2000.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

I keep looking at their loco, and really like it. Apparently if you want DCC you have to get it with EUC LokSound DCC with sound. You can get it DCC ready, but to take advantage of all it's capabilities, you have to use the EUC decoder. It's cheaper to go with the Kato with DCC and no sound. I have one loco with sound and figured that would be enough, otherwise I guess I'd spring for the $204 for the Rivet Counter. I dunno, I'll sit tight for awhile and see. The locos are pre-order anyway, so not in stock.
    Santa Fe, and BNSF fan.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oplholik View Post
    I keep looking at their loco, and really like it. Apparently if you want DCC you have to get it with EUC LokSound DCC with sound. You can get it DCC ready, but to take advantage of all it's capabilities, you have to use the EUC decoder. It's cheaper to go with the Kato with DCC and no sound. I have one loco with sound and figured that would be enough, otherwise I guess I'd spring for the $204 for the Rivet Counter. I dunno, I'll sit tight for awhile and see. The locos are pre-order anyway, so not in stock.
    It's all going to depend on if you like sound. If you don't, you'll sell the one that has. If you do, one will never be enough.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

I have never heard of them but if the specs list is correct along with the advertised price ($204) they'd be worth taking a closer look at.
    Cheers,

Tony
    (aka wombat457)

"...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale

Those couplers look bigger than the normal couplers, I suppose they work with others tho. Nothing is said about them except that they are "semi scale".
    Santa Fe, and BNSF fan.
    Paul

I've about, but not quite convinced myself to get in on the pre order for one of these. They look like beautiful locos, and I'd really like one. Never was one for dealing with pre orders, but just might make an exception in this case. Won't be charged for it till it ships to me sometime this winter, which is fine with me as I'm in no hurry, and it just might be worth the wait. In the meantime, hopefully I will have learned how to set a DCC loco up, do speed matching and all that.
    Santa Fe, and BNSF fan.
    Paul

Paul,

If you do decide to go ahead with the order, let us know how long it takes for you to get it and how well it runs. At the moment, having to "pre-order" with them is the biggest turn off to buying one.
    Cheers,

Tony
    (aka wombat457)

"...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale