Modell Railroad Links

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

1. Default

HAPPY TURKEY DAY to one and all
    Sherrel
    I am starting to think I will never be old enough to know better!

2. Default

Sherrel
    I am starting to think I will never be old enough to know better!

Good morning and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. 45 degrees when the little doxie woke us up at 0400 because she wanted to eat. Supposed to get up into the mid 50's later today.

Ken D&J - Marines never move in any direction other than forward.

Terry - I have all sorts of grab irons that I picked up years ago. If those don't fit the holes, let me know and maybe some of the ones I have will work. Nice buy.

Eric
    - You're getting closer to getting back home. Hope things go well for you.

Garry - I'll take your word on the F-3. I can't argue with your statement.

David - Sure hope you can find some relief.

Willie
    - Good thing you got the bathroom fixed. Like the scene on Lance's layout. Shouldn't be hard for you to come up with something similar. I had a small triangular Space too small to do much with so I planted a tree and put a couple of benches in for a small green area.

Curt -
    Looking forward to seeing the completed water tower. You do some really nice work.

Yesterday I never got a chance to get on line. My computer at work took a dump. Our IT guy was there when I left Tuesday working on it and when I got in to work the next day, nothing but a blank screen. After twiddling my thumbs for a while, the driver for Home Depot called saying he would be at my place in a half hour to deliver the new dish washer. Good reason to take the rest of the day off. They hauled the old one off and then I got a refresher course on colorful language. Installing it wasn't too hard except working in the tight spaces under the washer hooking up the supply lines and drain line. Electrical was easy also, but with all of the sharp edges underneath, I think I lost a pint of blood. Looked like I was sorting wild cats by the time I got done.

The wife is in the kitchen now getting some cooking done to help my daughter who is hosting the turkey dinner. I have a feeling that I will most likely eat too much as I usually do on Thanksgiving.

One good thing that happened yesterday is that the wife brought home my Northern Pacific observation car. It is not a smooth side car like most of the train, but it does look a lot more like the cars that the NP ran. I was looking for a North Coast Limited decal to put on the rear, but couldn't find on. I do have an NP decal I can put there. It also looks like there should be a red light at the top on the rear. I was thinking about putting an LED there, but will most likely pass as the train will probably spend most of the time in the hidden staging tracks. I do like it better than the one that I had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171123_073904.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	356.8 KB 
ID:	63941

I hope everyone enjoys a great meal with family and friends.

Later.
    ................................ Chet

Video - Switching in Churchill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-tYl9fd9s
    VIDEO Tour of the layout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY
    New cab ride - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiL7SgH6Wbw

Good morning this Thanks Giving Day of 2017, to all you Rails Benders and Spike Drivers!,
    Hi Flo, Francine, Wow two large size turkey's for a hungry group of Railroad Workers. You ladies are all right!

76F Mudge Ranch Station Report
    12:26 PM PST on November 23, 2017 (GMT -0800) | Updated 2 minutes ago
    76F High | 50F Low;
    71F - Feels like 71F & Sunny;
    Humidity of 53%;
    Winds are from the West at 1 mph with Gusts to 3 mph;
    Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.

Wishing the best Thanks Giving to All !

I watched Emperor of the North last night and saw that A#1 acquired a turkey for the boys at the Cottage Grove, Oregan HoBo camp so it must have been Thanks Giving there too! LoL

I have coffee brewing and may get into the train area for a bit before I head over to friends for a great Turkey Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by D&J RailRoad View Post
    Whoever said anything about running away from the enemy? The Marine Corps runs to the fight.

Say Ken: Being a DM I certainly wasn't in anyway implying running from the enemy, but stealthly finding a suitable hide to work from. My statement was meant more to say my joints were so creeky I sure couldn't do any running. My joints are feeling a bit better now, thank God, that I'm getting some GC&Msm to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post

Sherrel: Thanks, you too as well as a safe trip back home if you don't get lost too looking for the Dutchman's mine!

Quote Originally Posted by montanan View Post
    Good morning and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. 45 degrees when the little doxie woke us up at 0400 because she wanted to eat. Supposed to get up into the mid 50's later today.

David - Sure hope you can find some relief.

I hope everyone enjoys a great meal with family and friends.
    Later.

Say Chet: Thanks for the thought! Fortunately, even though it only a slight bit of relief the GC&Msm is enough to take the edge off my joint pain so I can move around a bit more comfortably which is certainly a bit of welcome relief from the rusty joint feeling, for sure!
    David
    'C & S West, Short-Line RR,' Under Construction, is a 10'x21' Folded Dog Bone, Hand Laid track & switches,
    in weathered code 70 & 55 Rail Craft Rail. A turn of the Century theme, from about 1885 to 1910 HO/HOn3 RR, loosely modeling D&RGW, RGS & C&S, the logging line closely tied to the Sierra's in Ca.
    Visit my new Website at:
    http://www.vendio.com/stores/Foothill-Station/

You can also email me at: foothillstation@sti.net or call my cell-phone 559-676-3736 always glad to help.

Hope everyone had good Thanksgiving.
    Mine was boring as all get out. I managed to score a ride to the beer store from none other than my brother's ex-wife. (can you say VERY easy on the eyes) I might be dis-owned if any family finds out. Nah, they wouldn't care.
    Ironically she had the same observation about this town that I do. Nothing here. Nothing to do ever.
    She wants to go places and do and see things. She said she feels displaced now although she grew up here. She says it's deader than it ever was. She's reading my mind.
    Then we pass the local McDonalds - it was closed!

She said she had heard I was moving back to GA and didn't blame one little bit. She was having a tough time understanding me. It occurred to my speech is not very good at all but after some talker and concentration I'm able to get someone to understand. However, I need to get into the habit of carrying a small notepad and pen for those times when someone just can't get me or I just can't seem to speech proper enough. I seem to have a tough time with a hard G like game. My Rs sound more like Ws. I'll bet it wouldn't hurt if just and read aloud to myself.

Oh well......
    I'll have another beer thank you very much!!!!
    E.

6. Default

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Been busy at the workbench these last coupla days; I discovered on Tuesday morning that MBK had Walthers SW1's on sale and I've been wanting one ever since I learned that my original SW1 [from 1993] would need to have its frame milled in order to be DCC-compatible - forget that! The revised model just needs the front half of the body popped-open, pull off the 8-pin jumper, plug on a TCS DP2X decoder and you're good to go.

Here's a before-and-after pair of photos:

The Milwaukee colors made it very easy to repaint in my freelanced steel mill scheme.
    Last edited by CSX_road_slug; 11-23-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    - keN in Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by CSX_road_slug View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Been busy at the workbench these last coupla days; I discovered on Tuesday morning that MBK had Walthers SW1's on sale and I've been wanting one ever since I learned that my original SW1 [from 1993] would need to have its frame milled in order to be DCC-compatible - forget that! The revised model just needs the front half of the body popped-open, pull off the 8-pin jumper, plug on a TCS DP2X decoder and you're good to go.

Here's a before-and-after pair of photos:

The Milwaukee colors made it very easy to repaint in my freelanced steel mill scheme.
    Yay! More switchers for the mill!
    Karl
    NCE ber alles!!!
    Oh, let's see what this button on Decoder Pro does!

REDNECK THANKSGIVING

You Might Be a Redneck This Thanksgiving If...

... you've ever had Thanksgiving dinner on a ping-pong table.
    ... Thanksgiving dinner is squirrel and dumplings.
    ... you've ever reused a paper plate.
    ... if you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side.
    ... if you've ever used your ironing board as a buffet table.
    ... your turkey platter is an old hubcap.
    ... your best dishes have Dixie printed on them.
    ... your stuffing's secret ingredient comes from the bait shop.
    ... your only condiment on the dining room table is ketchup.
    ... side dishes include beef jerky and Moon Pies.
    ... you have to go outside to get something out of the 'fridge.
    ... the directions to your house include "turn off the paved road."
    ... you consider pork and beans to be a gourmet food.
    ... you have an Elvis Jell-o mold.
    ... your secret family recipe is illegal.
    ... you serve Vienna sausage as an appetizer.

9. Default

Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving. Did some layout work yesterday. I'll work more on the layout later on today.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
    Justin

10. Default

Good Friday Morning All. 47 and clear to start today off. Haven't seen anyone else in the Coffee Shop this morning yet, I guess you all are out shopping! I still feel the full effects from overeating yesterday. I normally don't eat desserts, but one of my daughters made an absolutely delicious cherry-crumb pie that I had to have two pieces of. Today I need to exercise a bit extra. Maybe even walk to the mailbox and back, 2.25 miles. Both of the granddogs were over for the family visit, even though they live about three miles apart in a Dallas suburb, they have never met. Boy were they excited running around in the country with no fences to impede their dashes. They ran and played (i.e. chased cats) for hours. Unfortunately for them, cats can climb trees.
    Out in the train shed, everything ran well but it was not a long excursion out there, Dads were interested in some of the newly completed scenes that they hadn't seen before, moms stayed in the house and drank wine.

Justin - What is that kit that you posted a picture of?
    David - Bummer regarding the X-ray clinic, but at least you enjoyed the trip.
    Terry - Interesting about the Dash8-40B. I purchased a new one when they came out many years ago and it had handrails and grabirons included.

OK, it has happened again, this website has gone offline once again around the same time in the morning as it usually does randomly.

Ken in MD - Nice job on the switcher.
    Garry - Well, I only fit one qualification, "the directions to your house include "turn off the paved road." ", does that mean that I am a redneck?

Everybody have a great day.

Willie