Modell Railroad Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Rolling Stock: Kit, Kit Bash; or, Scratch Build Contest!

An addition to the Rules. To help promote participation, previous winners are excluded from winning consecutive contests. This means that CSX_Road_Slug can not win this current contest.
    Last edited by NP2626; 11-13-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Mark D.

Opinions given are my own and not meant to ruffle any feathers.
    Northern Pacific, really terrific!

I am still looking for two people to volunteer to be judges.
    Mark D.

It's been 9 days since this contest was started. At nine days in the old contest we had 8 entries, to date we only have 3 for this one in the same amount of time. Possibly at the end of this contest, the entries will flood in (hopefully)! Not complaining, just hopeful!

Deadline for judges to volunteer is November 30th, after which time, I will be the sole judge.
    Mark D.

As far as being a sponsor for these building contests, it is not my intention of doing this forever. The prizes I have purchased, to give away for the contest have been inexpensive purchases off of Ebay and cost $15.00 plus shipping and $13.50 plus shipping. Both where "Buy It Now" sales at Ebay. I wanted them to be good prizes for people who like to build models, so I stuck with Red Caboose models. It does not have to be Red Caboose, it can be any of the more highly detailed kits that have been available in the past; or, even Tichy Train Group kits which also build into wonderful models. Possibly you already have a kit; or, two, you would be willing to give away and you are interested in sponsoring a contest. At the end of this contest on December 31st, 2017, I will step down as the sponsor thereby allowing someone else to take over. Ianacole has expressed and interest in sponsoring a contest and if so would be the next to do so. If you have an interest, please contact me via a PM. Thanks!
    Mark D.

As of this morning, I have only three entries in this contest. However, I did mention that if we do not get many entries, I would use entries from the first contest as participants (Unless specifically asked not to do this by the owner of the entry. By the way, as per my statement of the rules in the first contest, the sponsor and any judges can enter this contest, also. I would really like to see more entries!
    Last edited by NP2626; 11-13-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    Mark D.

I'm trying to submit an entry, but my photo storage has gone offline
    Ian

Modeling my own reality: Cole River...

7. Default

nice pics ,,,,,

Entries in this latest contest are pretty lack luster! To date I count only three new entries. I had hoped for better participation.
    Last edited by NP2626; 12-10-2017 at 04:59 AM.
    Mark D.

Another change in the rules, as of 12/10/2017, I am changing the rules to eliminate the previous contest's entrants Despite the changes posted in post in #25, this will be a new contest, only using participants who have entered this contest, which started on November 2nd, 2017. Still, as of this morning, this contest only has three entrants: GPWrangler's L&N Transfer caboose and a Wood Chip car and tank car by Montanan! This does not mean that entries from the first contest can not be entered in this contest. It only means that if you want to enter models presented in the first contest, they must be re-entered in this contest.
    Last edited by NP2626; 12-10-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    Mark D.

Mark,

This probably doesn't count as it isn't a kit or anything. Trying my hand at a 100% scratch built Ore Car:

Obviously in it's very very early stages so you can disregard it in terms of the contest.
    Cheers,

Tony
    (aka wombat457)

"...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale