Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Beady

Someone jumped the gun, opened up a second shop and it keeps on going like the energizer bunny. This one is more whimsical...needs a bongo drum player and poetry reader...
There was a young girl from Nantucket...

This signature is intended to irritate people.

tootnkumin

Staff member
Why are there two coffee shops ???????????????????????????????????

Gu'v'nm'nt's always telling us that competition's good for consumers, so, are the prices any better over here? What's the girls names?

Boris

Beach Bum
Elise, Cookie and Gladys, the medicare-a-go go Girls, work the tables, Violet is the Bar Maid, and Ozzy is the MC and Bouncer.

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Okay, I dusted off the tables, and wiped down the cups so we could use this premature coffee shop...

tootnkumin

Staff member
Don't push, don't push! I was sitting here before you. I see Ozzy came back, good, that makes me feel more at home.

Boris

Beach Bum
Great, but did you remember to rehire the bongo player and the poetry readers? They do add atmosphere.

Meanwhile, 63° and cloudy after some overnight rain. Supposed to get up into the 80s again.

Have a Happy Friday!

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
here's your bongo player guys!
[video=youtube;xSVO5VloDlc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVO5VloDlc[/video]

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Good Morning All. I've got 68° and mostly cloudy skies this morning. Let me help you clean up Terry. I guess Louis is alone over at the old place. UPDATE - Looks like Karl joined him! Maybe there's some leftovers available over there.
Spent some time yesterday putting tools and stuff in storage instead of just leaning against a wall or tree where I usually leave them. Inspected all of the windows to be sure that they were secured (usually left unlocked) and began the process of selecting clothes that I am allowed to wear in public. Washed the car because...well I am going to drive into a hurricane and wife wants it to look good!?!?!?
Speaking of that darn hurricane, it now appears that it is going to make landfall about 75 miles west of where we are headed. So I am looking at heading in on the northern route (IH20 instead of IH10) and possibly spending Saturday night about 50 miles north (inland) of our destination, thus missing the probable winds and storm surge. Might even go further east to Pensacola for the night which is only about 30 miles east of our intended final destination. Rainfall amounts for that area are predicted to be 2"-3" which around here to me is just a mild thunderstorm. We'll just have to wait and see. The condo confirmed that there is NO REFUND unless there is a mandatory evacuation. We prepaid the entire amount already; still lose the deposit if there is an evacuation ordered.
Pausing for a while in the train shed while I help my wife prepare for the trip. I did have an opportunity to touch up some ground foam areas that were a bit sloppy. Mulling over how I am going to attach swings to the little swing set that I am assembling. Drilling tiny holes on .030" styrene rods looks like an almost impossible task give the tools that I have available like a pin vise.

Chet - I know that winter hits you pretty early, but here we don't see those temperatures that you have been reporting (mid-20's - low 30's) for another two months!
Karl - Enjoy the Timonium show and don't let Ken scare you.
Curt - Nice shot of the shop. Good luck on the rescue and have a safe trip. Sorry to hear about Phil. Best wishes for him.
Eric - That is great news. We all knew that you would pull through and survive the "killer treatments". Looking forward to reading your posts regarding your return to the "old normalcy"; as well as your venture back to Georgia. Gasp! I am surprised! Another five weeks for the ENT person! I guess that it is just the area and medical availability, but around here (Dallas - Ft. Worth metroplex) doctors are usually available within seven days, usually shorter for follow-up consultations.
Justin - Good luck with the military bureaucracy. For what it is worth, Evergreen Plastics makes clear styrene sheets in a couple of thicknesses if you ever deplete your stash.
Sherrel - Don't call the kettle black!!!:D

Everyone have a great day. Not sure when I might touch base again.

Willie

Raincoat2

Good morning everyone. Are the doughnuts fresh over here? I see steam rising from the coffee urn, so it must be hot! Good deal. I'll have a big cuppa joe and a chocolate croissant for dunking! 68 and partly cloudy here in SW MO.

Eric - good news. Will enjoy hearing about your possible move back to GA
Willie - have a safe trip. Sill watch for your posts on the rebound - looking for photos!

Heading out of town for a quick getaway for my wife's birthday. We'll do some antiquing and go to a show in Branson, and stop in at the LHS in Hollister to see if there's anything the layout can't live without!

Did some landscape painting and planted some trees and bushes. I'm thinking of expanding the town - it'll look more like a busy town than a sleepy village (and give me an excuse to build more structures!). Got to take some photos to post. Anyone got a string to tie around my finger?

Have a good day everyone.

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Good Morning. I am assuming that this is now the correct coffee shop. If so, could you have Flo bring an apple fritter with my coffee. Only 31 to start off the day but we could get up to 60 today.

Terry - Nice job cleaning the tables. Do you also do windows ? If so, I could have a job for you. Grin.gif

Karl - Hope you and Ken can meet at the Timonium Show. I would love to visit a venue like that. Maybe some day.

Justin - A nice start on the building. Like Willie mentioned, Evergreen has a good selection of sheet styrene including clear. I almost always have a good supply on hand.

Curt - Outstanding job on the engine house. Well done.

Louis - You sure can cone up with some really nice photos. Like the Amtrack on the bridge. I prefer Jack Black or Makers Mark though.

Looks like I may be able to get some work done on the layout or the F-3 this weekend. The wife is headed out of town for the weekend for a ladies bouwing tournament. I keep looking at that F-3 on the workbench and have the drill in the pin vise to drill the holes for the hand rails but that darn drill hasn't done a darn thing. Was hoping that the train fairy would stop by.

Will probably pass on going to the club this weekend. Someone has to stay home with the dogs.

Here's a rail picture for the day. Looks like a commuter line with the third rail.

train-tracks.jpg

Later

GarryCBQ

Good morning ......... I think ....

You guys are full of stuff this morning. LOL

Johnny ... The sign in the restroom is funny . .... I remember this one: " We aim to please. You aim too, please. "

Willie .... Have a safe trip..... Sounds like it will be stormy.

Curt .... The engine house looks fantastic.

Everybody .... Have a great Friday !

Last edited by a moderator:

Boris

Beach Bum
Willie: safe Trip!

Karl: Enjoy the weekend. At least you won't have to deal with me, I can't make it down, again.

Justin: Like with everything else, when dealing with the military, y'all need patience. Quick story, back 12 years ago, my youngest son was deployed to Iraq, oldest was in BCT at Ft. Jackson. Two individuals in Utilities came to the door. Wife answered door, and almost fainted. They were Army recruiters, following up on prospects. No one updated the list after my son enlisted. They had no idea, and were very apologetic. That's the way bureaucracy's are, someone is always screwing up.

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Did some chores today then spent about 4 hours in the train room. I started out by adding a sign on the front of the building, then I cut the strips (roofing) from the styrene sheet then sprayed them with "champagne silver" (from Jo-Ann's) and after that dried I lightly over sprayed the strips with Krylon Warm Caramel. After that I cut the strips to size (12'x39"). After that about half the time was spent applying the "metal" sheets on the roof. I had to quit at the half way point because my back was starting to ache. Applying them is very tedious and you have to be careful with the glue.

Tomorrow is our road trip. The animals are about a hour away. We have the dining room isolated to put the animals in. Still not sure if they will be staying or not, but they will be able to interact with our animals while they are physically separated.

Justin- That building will look nice after completion.

Louis- Nice 1:1 photos

Willie- Thank you. What about gluing the wire on the sides of the seats and to the bottom of the upper part of the A frame.

Chet- Thank you.

Garry- Thank you.

20171006_113203.jpg

20171006_150043.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
Was able to go in a visit with my grand daughter this afternoon. She says she realizes now how dangerous the situation was and she wants to get back on the right path. Her credibility says it's just all fluff. I told her, in the long form the truth is in her actions. She understood that and says now she knows who her real friends are. Yeah, the ones who will come out in the pouring rain, in the middle of night to pick up her pieces and bring her back home. She got teary eyed at that.
-
Off to Timonium tomorrow morning. Not sure what I really need other than a good fix of looking at stuff for sale.

GarryCBQ

Good evening

Sherrel ... evidently you did not comb your hair before the picture was taken. LOL

Ken D&J .... here is hoping your grand daughter's experience scared her into making needed changes. .. enjoy the train show.

Chet ... Train fairy? LOL ... we all could use one of them. Enjoy the weekend .

Curt ... engine house looks good. Have a nice trip.

Cheers, everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

tootnkumin

Staff member
Ken, a bit of pointed sarcasm can often get through, where other means don't. Let's them know that you're close to writing them off and leaving them to their own devices. An end to counting on those that care.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
GARRY - You sound just like my wife, "Go put some pants on and comb you hair"!
I think Louis likes you with all the Shiny Silver Locos he is posting? I think that is the first E-5 that I have seen - sure is pretty.

KEN D&H .. Wish I could go with you to the show tomorrow! Hope you have a good time and see Karl as well.
Sure hope that the Grand-Daughter stays "sober", but you know it's going to be a "fight".

CURT-- Do you have any slope on that metal roof? Good luck with the little 4-legged kids tomorrow.

Willie --safe travels!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.