Modell Railroad Links

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Sherrel - Don't know if the G6 has a settings mode for the camera in it. That's where I went on the S8, to the setting and reduced the size of the photos.

Maybe you can email the picture to yourself. Usually there is a size choice for this, you can choose small or medium size, which will reduce the picture accordingly.
    You're never too old to do something stupid.

Terry

Golly mercy am I eat up or what.
    Now I'm having dreams of packing stuff. I must have it bad.
    I can't get any radio stations around here so I listen to my favorite Atlanta radio station over the net here.
    Dad made an off-hand comment the other day about "I don't see any boxes packed".
    He shouldn't tempt/mock me like that. I could be completely packed and ready to load in about a day and half.
    However, I really do want to mess with some of this electronic stuff I got from wehonest_cn. It's a quandry.
    E

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GarryCBQ View Post

Willie.... It sounds like an interesting trip. Did you happen to get photos of the big railroad bridge over the Mississippi River at Vicksburg ?
    I am home safely.
    Garry - That is a fantastic bridge and I have seen it before, but I was driving and I don't take pictures when driving. I asked my wife to get some, but I haven't gotten hold of her phone yet to download anything from it yet. She also took some pictures at one of the railroad layouts because my camera battery fizzled out and she didn't want to wait for me to go back to the car for my other camera.
    Johnny - By today I was just interested in getting back home. I do like your "rail" picture...I watch birds and take pictures in some of my little spare time.

Hey all of you other guys, I'll respond a bit to you all and recount some adventures later. Right now it's nap time. And yes Chet I took lots of pictures but haven't downloaded them to the computer to manipulate yet.

Willie

Afternoon All,

Got my hair cut today and after I got home I glued the detail parts on the engine house floor and painted the interior wires. Nothing much as to report. Oh yeah, the workbench that I think looks great is very oversized. It would probably work better with HON3 than HO. Since I won't be looking directly at it (the front) i decided to keep it in the build.

Sherrel- The details were molded into the resin castings. All I had to do is clean and plaint. I bought it on Ebay but I'm pretty sure it's a Rusty Stumps product.

Willie- Have a safe trip home.

Chet- Thank you. I like the lighting on the second picture also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171012_143022.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	711.5 KB 
ID:	63412

I hope everyone has a good night.
    Curt Webb
    The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
    PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Hey y'all: 62 and cloudy.
    I survived the Penn Central

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post
    Morning: 52 degrees (chilly to me) - later heading to 80 they say. I cannot tell if those are clouds or smoke I am looking at? Must be low clouds.

You guys are driving me nuts with the phone/camera talk. I have spent too much time trying to sort it out. My Samsung G6 does not have a size to set? All I can get on one row is 1:1, 4:3, and 16:9 ..... another row shows these boxes: HD, FHD, FHD60, UHD and then a movie icon?

Has anyone an explaination on what these are?
    The ratios are the video setting. The various HDs are the quality of the video. The 60 designates 60 frames per second instead of the standard 30. To FPS will give you a Blue Ray quality video.
    There should be another setting for still pictures. The picture size would be designated in Megapixels. Sometimes the settings would be indicated with an icon of varying smoothness of a line. It would go from a smooth line to a ragged line. The ragged line would be the lower pixel size picture. The smoother line would designate a higher resolution picture which would translate to a huge picture when posting it on a forum.
    Ken
    When ya absolutely positively need model railroad fun, choose the D&J Railroad.

Visit the progress of the construction of the D&J Railroad at:
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...-From-Scratch]

Stopped at my daughters house this afternoon on the way home from work to do some work on her Ford Expedition. It had been throwing a code for the Throttle Position Sensor. I picked up a new one at Auto Zone and packed a bunch of tools at home this morning to do the repair. Got the shrouds pulled off the motor but I didn't have the torques bit to take the sensor off. Had to put it all back together and will take the right tools with me tomorrow.
    I had to replace the air filter so I had my g son do that with my guidance. He had no idea how to do it but after doing all the wrench turning himself, he feels pretty good about it.
    -
    The G daughter has been moved to a drug rehab center up near Washington DC. She'll be in there for a few weeks. She had the staff and assistants running in circles at the Phyc hospital where she has been for the past week. She has quite a talent for that unfortunately.
    -
    Now, I'm going downstairs to do some work on the C40-8 chassis and see if I can get the soldering all done this evening. I want to get some more work done on the bridge too. Hopefully, I can do that while watching the Nats game tonight.
    Ken
    When ya absolutely positively need model railroad fun, choose the D&J Railroad.

Visit the progress of the construction of the D&J Railroad at:
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...-From-Scratch]

Good afternoon Track Gang & Photographers,

Hi Francine & Flo, I guess your both are getting a bit of an education about Cell Phones and photography. I'll have some Coffee and a Apple Fritter with butter and Cinamon. Thanks Oh, you already knew what I was going to ask for, hah!

It's 62F outside - Feels like 62.2F;
    Sunny with Wind from the South at 6.7 mp and Gusts to 7.4 mph;
    Today the high will be 68 with a low of 43 to night;
    Today is forecast to be nearly the same temperature as yesterday.

Sherrel Your Question - All I can get on one row is 1:1, 4:3, and 16:9
    These are aspect ratios of the image size the phones camera would take 1:1 would be for shooting in a square format, it might be a macro mode setting too for doing close ups?; 4:3 is a rectangular format that is wider than it is high in the horizontal position for doing landscape shots or higher than it is wide in the vertical position for doing portrait shots or shots of tall subjects; 16:9 sounds like a panorama mode to me.

2nd part of ?..... another row shows these boxes: HD, FHD, FHD60, UHD and then a movie icon?
    HD = High Definition for still shots; FHD = Full High Definition, still shots I believe; FHD60 = a setting for Full High Definition video shooting at 60 frames a second; UHD = Ultra High Definition which the best image but at a very large image size.

Hope this helps?

Say Garry: I intended to start listing some of the items I had available to me through my distributor but was stopped short when I couldn't find reasonable credit card processing that wouldn't eat up most if not all the profit I might make!

Quote Originally Posted by montanan View Post
    David - Here are a couple of photos I took with the new phone. The photo size was reduced to fit into the parameters of 3000x3000 after resetting them in the phone. I also found that I can change the brightness on the camera. Interesting. The first shot was default and the second with the brightness reduces. I sort of prefer the second picture.

Attachment 63399 Attachment 63400

Later

Chet: Actually, if possible a setting in between the two exposures would even look better to me.

I was surprised to learn that images as large 9Mp could be posted on the forum.

Hope all have good day.
    David
    'C & S West, Short-Line RR,' Under Construction, is a 10'x21' Folded Dog Bone, Hand Laid track & switches,
    in weathered code 70 & 55 Rail Craft Rail. A turn of the Century theme, from about 1885 to 1910 HO/HOn3 RR, loosely modeling D&RGW, RGS & C&S, the logging line closely tied to the Sierra's in Ca.
    Visit my new Website at:
    http://www.vendio.com/stores/Foothill-Station/

You can also email me at: foothillstation@sti.net or call my cell-phone 559-676-3736 always glad to help.

Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

Louis