Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris

Beach Bum
Garry: Happy Birthday!

Willie and Karl: Happy Anniversary !

Chet: Short trains fit in all sidings, so they get to clear up for everyone. :rolleyes:

It's cleared up here in Jersey also. Temperature is hanging around 70 with clouds and some sun. School starts around here on Wednesday, and...we locals get our "free" beaches back.

Bruette

Why not leave that to the stork?

Please do!

Amazon do midwifery too, do they:confused:

I'm not qualified and I don't want to be!

Louis - Just read that your MIL passed away. It's time to celebrate her life and remember that she is now in a better place.

We are trying, but I think we will need more time.

I'll tell you a story about Mamma to give you an idea of what kind of woman she was. Besides being a beautiful little lady she was strong. When she was 7 Stalin died. Being a Warsaw pact country the Hungarian schools honored Stalin by having all the students stand for a moment of silence and then they sang some Russian song. Mamma, Sarah was her name refused to stand and refused to sing. She was sent to see a school official that represented the communist party and was asked "why do you refuse to honor Stalin" her answer; "why don't you leave my country?" She was punished for the remainder of the school year (over 2 months) but she never gave in.

It was fascinating to listen to the experiences of my Wife's parents, Mamma and Papa. I wish my Hungarian (Magyar) was better, but my wife is a good translator. I can understand much of spoken Hungarian, but it's much to complicated for me to say anything other than single words, foods mostly. :)

Louis...... Please accept my condolences on the MIL, very sorry to hear that kind of news.....

Thank you

Boris

Beach Bum
Been a while since I posted over here. I have been resting in the back booth nursing a cup of decaf from time time though...... For a while there I thought I was somehow lost and ended up in a shoot 'em up gun forum..... Figured out I just caught some off topic conversation and did see a bunch of train stuff..... :rolleyes:

Ray: Congratulations on the MR article. If you thought you were lost here, you should try the Shadow Coffee Shop running concurrent with this one. :rolleyes: As far as heeding your mentors advice, I agree and will be following your advice and thinking scenery this fall. You really should visit here more frequently.

Bruette

Happy Birthday Garry!

2254641a59e9a72a00f04d1096ed77eb.jpg

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Good afternoon. It's sunny and 82.
I decided to take a break from some of the goings-on at home, and wander over to the club's layout. I came back early, after several derailments and damaged locomotives and cars decimated my "carry on" fleet. Looks like I'll be spending some time piecing everything back together. I did mark the spots the trouble occurred, all new trackwork locations.

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier and put in some wall anchors in the pet fence that separates the bird room from the skunks. I cleaned up the layout where the engine house will be. I added a little track to the ends of the existing leads. Tomorrow I need to hook up power to the tracks, then I can start building the "concrete" floor.

Joe- Thank you. No inspection pit on this one.

Karl- Congrats on your 10 year anniversary.

Chet- Nice video. Coal drags are my favorite type of train. Awesome rail photo.

Sherrel- For the most part I'm just putting different roofing on the crappy plastic roofing on the kits I have previously built. I have done several with shingles, but since my layout is almost all industrial, I think the corrugated roofing is more appropriate.:)

Louis- The B&O loco is pretty darn cool.

20170903_144647.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

GarryCBQ

Howdy, everybody.

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. Having a great family visit.

Happy model railroading

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Just curious. How many have found out that by making an Ebay purchase, you've been put on the seller's email (spam) list?

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Good afternoon. Way too hot at the car show. I wasw among amny who bailed out and headed home. Glad that I brought the '31 Chevy hot rod because it had air conditioning.

I will have to give myself the "Golden Dipstick Award" because I took off without my camera of cell phone to take photos. There sure were some nice looking rides up there. Had a nice cool ride back, but by the time I got the hot rod parked in the back of the shop and the rest of the cars put away, I was about to collapse from the heat. They also have an air quality alert for all of the smoke in the area.
Garry - Happy Birthday. cheers.gif

Terry - Does not sound like a good day at the club. One good thing for me is that all of my DCC locomotives are wimps on the grades that they have at the club and I don't have to bring much with me.

I have a list of parts done to get an order in to detail the two Stewart F units. The only hand rail sets that I could find are Walthers. If anyone knows of a better set for the Stewart F units, let me know. The last thing I have to find are the green paint for the Northern Pacific Lowey paint scheme for touch ups. Didn't find the colors in the Walthers catagog. Will probably have to try an internet search. Too hot upstairs. Think I'll head down to a nice cool train room and run trains.

Later.

Beady

Just curious. How many have found out that by making an Ebay purchase, you've been put on the seller's email (spam) list?
I have, but it's no big deal; I just add him to my own spam list.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
Nice drive home from PA today. Stopped in at Mainline Hobbies. Found a couple of 21MTC decoders made by TCS to fit my Fox Valley GP60s. One has sound, the other is just motor control.
Something interesting here about the 21MTC decoders. All brands can be programmed on JMRI except the ESU LokSound. Ya need their proprietary programming board then ya need to download each sound file from their web sight.
Seems kind of a awkward way of doing things.
Just finished mowing the lawn. Now I can take care of the important things, programming decoders.

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Nice drive home from PA today. Stopped in at Mainline Hobbies. Found a couple of 21MTC decoders made by TCS to fit my Fox Valley GP60s. One has sound, the other is just motor control.
Something interesting here about the 21MTC decoders. All brands can be programmed on JMRI except the ESU LokSound. Ya need their proprietary programming board then ya need to download each sound file from their web sight.
Seems kind of a awkward way of doing things.
Just finished mowing the lawn. Now I can take care of the important things, programming decoders.
Are you sure about programming ESU decoders with decoder pro? I could have sworn I did it fairly recently.

Bruette

Wait... what? Hold the phone Fred! I got to find out WTF is going on here!

Let me get this straight, If I buy from an eBay seller I get spam emails from the seller or any emails I send the seller are marked as spam?

Either way is not very consumer friendly.

Bruette

Condolences to you and particularly your family Louis. A hard time for all. Focusing on the good times and the memorable moments will help to comfort everyone.

King Toot I apologize for missing this post the first time, forgive me.

Thank you and that is exactly what we have been trying to do.

Bruette

Willie somehow I think I missed your post about your anniversary, forgive me.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Genetk44

Are you sure about programming ESU decoders with decoder pro? I could have sworn I did it fairly recently.

I believe that you can only modify sounds and download new sounds onto an ESU decoder using their LokProgrammer module and soundfiles but you can modify addresses,some light and speed functions on any system.

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Wait... what? Hold the phone Fred! I got to find out WTF is going on here!

Let me get this straight, If I buy from an eBay seller I get spam emails from the seller or any emails I send the seller are marked as spam?

Either way is not very consumer friendly.
I made a purchase on Ebay, and got spammed by the seller even before Ebay and Paypal were able to send receipts for my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.