Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruette

B&O Railroad Museum
Over the past three years, the B&O Railroad Museum's Restoration Staff have been working diligently restoring "America's Favorite Locomotive", B&O Railroad No. 25 "William Mason", back to its original 1856 livery. On Saturday, September 16, 2017 this beloved locomotive returns back home to the B&O's historic 1884 Roundhouse for all of us to see and admire. For details visit http://www.borail.org/William-Mason-Restored.aspx. Join us on social media over the next two weeks as we countdown to the unveiling of B&O No. 25. #WilliamMasonReturns. Take a Sneak Peek of the Day for a glimpse of the restored #25 William Mason locomotive.

21272651_10155312587715589_3269652018323130776_n.jpg

21272499_10155312587750589_1194128336656793201_n.jpg

Boris

Beach Bum
It's still raining here, you would think this Harvey would have run out of water by now, eh? 61°, chilly and damp. Only 14 more days until the first pre - season Hockey game.

I assembled a Bowser covered hopper kit this afternoon and evening. It was harder than I expected, and the instructions were misleading. But... it looks great. I also got my phone working again.

According to tracking, I should have my new Baldwin AS616 on Tuesday.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Good Sunday Morning All. 70° and clear skies here in beautiful North Central Texas this morning. Had to turn the A/C back on in the bedroom last night. We're in the middle of a 90°+ heat wave right now, through Monday. Cut down a dead tree yesterday and partially cut it up. It was a 33 year old Mulberry that died in 2014 that I'm just getting to. I had 19 of them die due to drought and grasshoppers that stripped every leaf from them. I still have six left to cut down. I pace myself on this kind of project, especially in the heat. I'll finish cutting it up tomorrow as Mass is this morning.
Went "cold turkey" on modeling yesterday. I did run trains though.

Sherrel - Continue to stay cool and hydrated. 113°! That's hotter than it generally gets here, we rarely go much over 105°.
Louis - Just read that your MIL passed away. It's time to celebrate her life and remember that she is now in a better place.
...the only things in Oklahoma were Steers and ...
red dirt?
Karl - Happy Anniversary.
Garry - Happy Birthday today. And Happy Anniversary in advance.
Beady -
Right now, I'm sitting next next to my wife while she has a phone conversation, on speaker, with her sister, so... Yeah.
Good time to go work on the layout.

UTP, ESU, JMRI, NCE, NDOT, DT402D, LNWI, HTC, PSX-AR, POM, CV; You all need to start to speak English again!:cool:

Speaking of anniversaries, our 45th comes up next Saturday.
Everybody have an awesome day.

Willie

Last edited by a moderator:

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
In the mid 50s here in Port Trevorton, PA. I'll be getting on the road in a little bit for home. I'll stop off and watch trains at the Enola yard again then head down to Mainline Hobbies in Summit, PA to pick up few 21MTC decoders.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Morning All: 82 degrees at 6:30 AM means another hot one coming. Only reached 110 yesterday and expected 100 today. Maybe a slight cooling trend is on the way - Willie, I see that you are finally getting the heat moving that way. BTW, Congratulations on the 45 th!

Garry Happy Birthday to you. My son's BD comes up in a couple days and mine is later in the month .. bunch of us Virgo's around.

JOE - can't believe that Hockey is almost upon us again! Looking forward to a nice photo of the Baldwin?

Later, Gang

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
In the mid 50s here in Port Trevorton, PA. I'll be getting on the road in a little bit for home. I'll stop off and watch trains at the Enola yard again then head down to Mainline Hobbies in Summit, PA to pick up few 21MTC decoders.

Hey, you're close to my neighborhood now Ken! But I won't be at Mainline for another 2 week when they have the open house and layout tours.

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
Good morning all!

The sun is out, as the remnants of Harvey are retreating.

Got my new MR yesterday. I must say coffee shop member Ray Howard has a great looking article about the Blacksmith shop on the S.L.O.W. Way to go Ray!

Thanks to one and all who commented on our anniversary.

Grandkids coming up later, better start picking stuff up, especially sharp tools on the workbench!+

L8ter!

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
A quick good morning. We're starting the day at 60 degrees but are expected to get into the low 90's, but, a cool front is supposed to move in this evening and drop the day time temps into the mid 70's.

Really smoky this morning also. Heard on the local news that the wild fires in Montana alone have exceeded a million acres so far this year.

My wife talked me into going over to the club in Livingston last night and it was a lot of fun. As usual, we had around 8 trains running and had a few really long ones like the one in the video. I have seen 1:1 versions leaving the Livingston yard right outside the depot numerous times. Club rules are that the longer trains have the right of way so with my little 9 car train, I was constantly having to find a passing siding to dive into. No accidents or derailment all night and very few delays. Had quite a few visitors also last night.

[video=youtube;KsBPalyzlEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBPalyzlEI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This looks like something that Ken would have running on his D&J railroad.

Heading up to Townsend for a car show so here's my rail photo. Still can't top Karl's from yesterday.

Forest_train_track-wallpaper-10843610.jpg

Later

2Tracks

Ol' School
Welcome to September everyone....... starting out at 56 here, headed for upper 90's, and visibility thru the smoke looks to be at about a mile, or less!
Haven't been on for a couple of days, looks like I'm several pages behind. Skimmed on through the back pages....... First off...
Louis...... Please accept my condolences on the MIL, very sorry to hear that kind of news.....
Willie...... Congrats on the 45th.....I made it to 20......
Garry......Happy Birthday to you...and many more......
I'll just have to kind of start new here......did work on the Riv. spine cars & got log loads made for them, now waiting on the MB Klein care package so I can finish the new truck installs on the Inter. Mtn. flat cars.

Everybody have a great day!

Flip

Howdy y'all.. Not 'posed to get over 86 today. Been overcast since 6:30. Took my a.m. meds and went back to bed.

GARRY- A very happy Birthday to yuh. A pleasure getting to know you.

KARL- Avery Happy Anniversary to you and yours.

gotta go- ,Deb says freezer is melting- later
phil

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Howdy folks!

Been a while since I posted over here. I have been resting in the back booth nursing a cup of decaf from time time though...... For a while there I thought I was somehow lost and ended up in a shoot 'em up gun forum..... Figured out I just caught some off topic conversation and did see a bunch of train stuff..... :rolleyes:

Got my new MR yesterday. I must say coffee shop member Ray Howard has a great looking article about the Blacksmith shop on the S.L.O.W. Way to go Ray!

L8ter!

Thank you Karl! Hope you and some others enjoy the article. I have been informed I need to get writing some other stuff about my journey ion the hobby. A friend of mine who has been kind of directing my progress (he was my NMRA Division AP Manager for many years and is a well known hobby author in his own rite) used to leave my house after evaluating my layout for an AP Certificate used to walk out the door and say things like, "Ray, think Scenery" or whatever he figured I should get done next. He sent me an email thanking me for mentioning his friendship in the article and ended with, "Ray, think Author!"

Anyway, please know my prayers are with those who are in need here in this forum and especially with those who have lost so much with Harvey!

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.