Hello Model Railroaders

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Welcome.gif Welcome to the forum Ron. It's probably the most friendly forum out here.

I used to be in N scale, but this was in the late 70's and at the time unfortunately the locomotives that were available back then for the most part were lousy. I ended up tearing oput a layout with over 11 scale miles of main line and moved to HO scale. I can't believe how well the locomotives that are available run. Like day and night.

Stop by the Coffee Shop some time and have a cup and shoot the breeze.

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Ron, its great you joined our group...I enjoy reading the forum everyday and find that there is so much knowledge that can be gathered from the modelers who post threads here and help answer other modelers' questions or solve their problems.

Again welcome Ron.

Greg

2Tracks

Ol' School
Hello Ron .....welcome to the forum, lots of info here. And the coffee shop, lots of interesting stuff happening there! I do HO scale myself, but enjoy seeing what other modelers produce no matter what the scale. I'll be checking out your Youtube channel........welcome again.

Raincoat2

Hi, Ron - You mentioned you live in SW MO - I'm in Springfield - - where are you?
I watched your "Welcome" YouTube video - love the soundtrack from the L Shepherds - I'll watch some of your other videos when I have the time.
Have a good day.

Selector

Welcome to the forum, Ron. You're sure to have a great experience here. Not sure about me, but the rest of the folks are quite decent.

Beady

Welcome to the forum, Ron. You're sure to have a great experience here. Not sure about me, but the rest of the folks are quite decent.
Who are you calling decent?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Hi Johnny (Raincoat2), I live in El Dorado Springs about 70 NW of Springfield, but we go to Springfield pretty often. I have family in Willard. That theme song is still my theme song for all my videos--I love it. Thanks for watching. You will have to keep me apprised of what's happening in model railroading in Springfield. Thanks for the shout.

Raincoat2

Hi Johnny (Raincoat2), I live in El Dorado Springs about 70 NW of Springfield, but we go to Springfield pretty often. I have family in Willard. That theme song is still my theme song for all my videos--I love it. Thanks for watching. You will have to keep me apprised of what's happening in model railroading in Springfield. Thanks for the shout.

Hi Ron. Never been to El Dorado Springs but we take hwy 13 often when we go up to KC and sometimes take 49 back south after a trip to KC. So I've been east and west of you. If you'll look on the "Train Shows and Public Events" forum I posted information on the train show here in Springfield coming up on Saturday Sept 23, sponsored by OMRA, the local model rr club. (I'm not a member of the club but I go to their spring and fall train shows and usually find something my layout can't live without :)

Johnny, I knew they had a big show every spring--usually miss it because I usually have a kid in a track meet. I will check this out and see if I can't make this fall show. Thanks. BTW, if coming back south on I-49 you can cut across US 54 from Nevada to Collins as a different diversion and you will go right through El Dorado Springs (Eldo as we call it here).

Iron Horseman

My Texas, Colorado & Western depict BNSF operations in North Texas and Colorado in 2008.
That is an interesting and desolate part of the country. I was born in Pueblo, lived in Buelah, and had family all through the ordway, Lamar, and Granada area. Are you doing the old C&S line from Trinidad to Amarillo or the AT&SF line from Las Animas Colorado to Amarillo?

The only "professional" model railroad I've ever done was one of Trinidad Colorado. I was so disappointed when the Santa Fe tore down the locomotive shops there. Do you include Dalhart & the crossing of the Union Pacific? I always thought that would be an interesting town to model. Any chance you included Mount Capulin NM in your layout or as part of a backdrop?

On the other line, the junction from the Santa Fe main to the Amarillo track in Las Animas was always hidden from the main roads. As a child I didn't even realize there was a track going to Texas from there. Only discovered it as I started studying the "mixed trains daily" of the Santa Fe. I understand that the UP is now leasing or looking to lease trackage rights on it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.