Modell Railroad Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Model Railroaders

1. Default

Johnny, I knew they had a big show every spring--usually miss it because I usually have a kid in a track meet. I will check this out and see if I can't make this fall show. Thanks. BTW, if coming back south on I-49 you can cut across US 54 from Nevada to Collins as a different diversion and you will go right through El Dorado Springs (Eldo as we call it here).

Colorado, Kansas, and servicing all points between

Quote Originally Posted by RonsTrainsNThings View Post
    My Texas, Colorado & Western depict BNSF operations in North Texas and Colorado in 2008.
    That is an interesting and desolate part of the country. I was born in Pueblo, lived in Buelah, and had family all through the ordway, Lamar, and Granada area. Are you doing the old C&S line from Trinidad to Amarillo or the AT&SF line from Las Animas Colorado to Amarillo?

The only "professional" model railroad I've ever done was one of Trinidad Colorado. I was so disappointed when the Santa Fe tore down the locomotive shops there. Do you include Dalhart & the crossing of the Union Pacific? I always thought that would be an interesting town to model. Any chance you included Mount Capulin NM in your layout or as part of a backdrop?

On the other line, the junction from the Santa Fe main to the Amarillo track in Las Animas was always hidden from the main roads. As a child I didn't even realize there was a track going to Texas from there. Only discovered it as I started studying the "mixed trains daily" of the Santa Fe. I understand that the UP is now leasing or looking to lease trackage rights on it.