Modell Railroad Links

Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Curt.. Thanks for the comments. Society need not be at a tipping point, but large numbers of people should question the wisdom of turning from God . Government can't solve problems like this. ... Your friend has a nice layout

Ken D & J ... I like the Daylight videos .
    Last edited by GarryCBQ; 08-12-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Good afternoon gang!

Today was pressure wash the back stairwell day. I'm not sure what got wetter, the stairwell or me!

Terry Got a package today, looks as great as it runs. Thanks ! And for the rest of you all who might have reservations (if any) about buying from Terry. Just do it. His stuff is better than described, and his prices are great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170812_155433.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	659.5 KB 
ID:	62803

Part of Baltimore's murder issue is that the criminals have the gun, but the citizens don't, due to the states concealed carry laws. Damn near impossible for a regular person to get. So the bad guys do their thing with no fear that the next guy may shoot back. I've gotten to the point that if it's inside the Beltway, f*ck it, I aint goin. And remember kids,Name:  images (4).jpg
Views: 46
Size:  9.3 KB

L8ter gang, time for a nap
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!
    Oh, let's see what this button on Decoder Pro does!

Quote Originally Posted by kbkchooch View Post
    Good afternoon gang!

Today was pressure wash the back stairwell day. I'm not sure what got wetter, the stairwell or me!

L8ter gang, time for a nap
    Ohhhh, another victim of the power wash idea. The wood will look great when it's done but what ya don't know about is all the preservative that you just drilled out of the wood. Next year or the year after, you'll start to see the wood splitting and falling apart as the ravages of the weather now are able to penetrate the wood. Insects now have access to the surface layers of the wood to fill their little bellies.
    People use the pressure washer to clean up their driveways too. Looks great when it's all done, but next year, they see the surface of the concrete start to scale off and the gravel filler is exposed. They don't know that the power washing drove the lime out of the concrete. Lime is what holds it all together. Just like on your basement walls, ya might see a white kind of powder. That's signs of a water problem as the ground water is washing the lime out of the masonry mix and leaving brittle wall behind.
    Ken
    When ya absolutely positively need model railroad fun, choose the D&J Railroad.

Visit the progress of the construction of the D&J Railroad at:
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...-From-Scratch]

Curt: I liked the photos, that's one awesome layout. I don't know if we are at a tipping point. I am concerned about what I see as the deterioration of our society, but I don't have any answers.
    I survived the Penn Central

Quote Originally Posted by D&J RailRoad View Post
    Ohhhh, another victim of the power wash idea. The wood will look great when it's done but what ya don't know about is all the preservative that you just drilled out of the wood. Next year or the year after, you'll start to see the wood splitting and falling apart as the ravages of the weather now are able to penetrate the wood. Insects now have access to the surface layers of the wood to fill their little bellies.
    People use the pressure washer to clean up their driveways too. Looks great when it's all done, but next year, they see the surface of the concrete start to scale off and the gravel filler is exposed. They don't know that the power washing drove the lime out of the concrete. Lime is what holds it all together. Just like on your basement walls, ya might see a white kind of powder. That's signs of a water problem as the ground water is washing the lime out of the masonry mix and leaving brittle wall behind.
    No white stuff here, just a green algae that forms on the walls and steps over the course of a year. High pressure water and bleach knock the stuffings out of it til next year. Not enough sunshine and a wet spring & summer are to blame. Stuff is VERY slipper when wet!
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!

Sherrel:The recycle facility is one of those should be modeled facilities. I'm also happy to hear you are beginning to feel better.

I actually spent some time operating my layout today, Still a lot of work to do, and for what ever reason, I can't get started on the work.

It's still very cloudy and unpleasant around here, tomorrow is supposed to be nice.
    I survived the Penn Central

Quote Originally Posted by kbkchooch View Post

Terry Got a package today, looks as great as it runs. Thanks ! And for the rest of you all who might have reservations (if any) about buying from Terry. Just do it. His stuff is better than described, and his prices are great!
    I'll 2nd that Karl!
    Seems like his stuff runs better than just out of the factory.

Karl, function 5 turns the numberboards on and off.
    You're never too old to do something stupid.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by bnsf971 View Post
    Karl, function 5 turns the numberboards on and off.
    Oh so awesome!!
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GarryCBQ View Post
    Howdy..

Chet and Louis ... thanks for commenting on my scene .

Louis.. I did not intend to say the addiction problems are confined to cities. I am familiar with such problems in rural areas. You might be interested in knowing my wife and I volunteered to work with a church sponsored program in KY to help people overcome personal problems. Among the problems were cases with addictions. Sadly many cases began with childhood difficulties. You shared some of your own childhood experiences and I can understand that would be very challenging. We participated in that program for several years even though neither of us ever had such problems as addictions. We no longer are volunteers , but we feel we were blessed because we did that.
    Garry you and your wife will never know the full extent of your help, but I can tell you it can be immense. For people facing struggles it is comforting to know others care.

When I was in hospital the 2nd time I had a customer that owned a trucking company, a very busy man. Everyday for over 2 weeks he came to visit me, to pray with me. I thought he was a bit crazy, I never doubted I would get better. Knowing how much he cared to take time from his busy day was comforting and I will never forget it. I just held his hand and listened to him passionately praying, being a catholic I thought "these protestants pray differently than we do". I don't even know what denomination he was and it does not matter, but I knew God was listing just the same.

By the way I did not know of any challenges until I was 11. I thought I was the happiest kid in the world. I have tried to recreate that family environment for my kids. With my second wife by myside it has been easy. I'm as happy now as I was when I was that happy little boy.

The road you travel is not as important as where you end up. Along that road it is comforting to know people care and it can make a big difference which way we decide to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PRR Modeler View Post
    Afternoon All,

I had a good time at visiting Doug's layout today. The owner built a separate building and the layout is 3 levels (4 in one section) and occupies 28' x 30'. Pictures do not begin to do it justice. While I was there Phil called me to remember to take pictures...which was a good thing, I had forgotten! After getting home I put in window "glass", blinds and glued the 4 walls together on my project. Tomorrow I will try to build the roof (removable).

Louis- I'm glad your grandsons have good schools. Our local school district seems to be more concerned about pushing a social agenda than teaching what the kids need to succeed.

Attachment 62796Attachment 62797Attachment 62798Attachment 62799

I hope everyone has a good night.
    Curt I am glad too, school is vital!

Tell Phil I said hello and thank him for reminding you to take pictures, I enjoyed seeing them!

Quote Originally Posted by PRR Modeler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    I'll 2nd that Karl!
    Seems like his stuff runs better than just out of the factory.
    Make that 3!
    Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

Louis