Modell Railroad Links

Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post
    Just going to say -- Morning!
    Been awake for almost 2 hours now - spent one hour of that waiting for computer to install MS BS! I thought I had that stuff turned off!

Generally have felt like doing nothing the past two days - sure am getting tired of the One Day of Feeling Good and then a relasph back into non sleep and feeling rotton.

Nice photos of everyone's projects .. Interesting pilot there, ARL.

Maybe I will feel like putting something of value later on today -- take care everyone........
    Go to "start", then type in "msconfig" in the seatch box, then click msconfig at the top of the field. Click "services", then scroll down to "windows update", then uncheck that selection. Click "apply" or "save", then click "exit". Then click "restart now", and when the computer reboots, it will not install windows updates.
    You're never too old to do something stupid.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post
    Caught some of the "Mainstream Media" snooping around! They are looking for a story that will STICK!

Attachment 62361
    Sherrel ..... Actually, the Frisco had a 2-10-0 originally built by Baldwin for the Russian government in 2018. The order for Russia was cancelled, and the Russian Decapod was purchased by Frisco and other US roads. .... I think Bachmann made models of them several years ago.

Johnny... The black truss badge over the main line is made from a Campbell wood kit, and it is about 17" long. Also, there is a gray plastic bridge by Plastruct about 20" long crossing the mainline as the layout wraps around a corner of the room.

Good morning. A nice cool start to the day at 52 degrees. Supposed to be sunny with a high in the low 80's. I can live with that.

Joe - Is it a structure you are painting? Like both buildings. Like the photo of the NS units also. I have seen a few of them up here. That was a bit of a suprise.

Sherrel - Sounds like you are a bit down in the dumps. Hoping that thing can get back to normal for you quickly. Like the news paper article.

Johnny - Nice job on the station. Looking good.

Curt - We have done just about everything to the house. It's like a new 40 year old house. Put a new roof on a couple of years ago also.

Karl - Nice looking locomotive. You have quite a collection. I don't have many brass locomotives, but with the exception of a 2-8-8-4 Yellowstone and a Northern Pacific Northern,2626, the rest of mine are on the layout and are used on a regular basis.

Willie -
    I don't think these birds are mocking birds, but they are a bit of entertainment. At least the robins aren't crapping on the porch.

Here's another photo of the rails.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nature_Landscape-wallpaper-11294411.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	535.9 KB 
ID:	62362

Later
    ................................ Chet

Video - Switching in Churchill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-tYl9fd9s
    VIDEO Tour of the layout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY
    New cab ride - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiL7SgH6Wbw

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GarryCBQ View Post
    Sherrel ..... Actually, the Frisco had a 2-10-0 originally built by Baldwin for the Russian government in 2018. The order for Russia was cancelled, and the Russian Decapod was purchased by Frisco and other US roads. .... I think Bachmann made models of them several years ago.

Johnny... The black truss badge over the main line is made from a Campbell wood kit, and it is about 17" long. Also, there is a gray plastic bridge by Plastruct about 20" long crossing the mainline as the layout wraps around a corner of the room.
    Garry - The kit I just got in is an Atlas 18" but I like how you painted/weathered yours. I may use it as a guide for mine. Thanks for sharing.
    Johnny (aka "Raincoat2")
    The New York Central still runs!

Quote Originally Posted by GarryCBQ View Post
    Bachmann did , I've got 3 of them( 2 Western Maryland and 1 Erie), they run as well as the infamous Bachmann 2-8-0 Consols
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!
    Oh, let's see what this button on Decoder Pro does!

Karl - I also have one, but on grades it is a wimp. Really runs smoothly, but can't handle more than 4 cars on a two and a half percent grade. It has been assigned switching duties in one of the yards. Mine is udecorated. I was so disappointed iwith it that I never lettered it. My Bachmann consolidation can handle 10 cars on the grade. ?????????
    ................................ Chet

Video - Switching in Churchill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-tYl9fd9s
    VIDEO Tour of the layout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY
    New cab ride - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiL7SgH6Wbw

7. Default

Good morning all! 79 headed for 90.

Going to the hobby shop later to get some paint for the shingles, they recommend painting prior to application, also white glue as the adhesive.

Will post more later on a real computer!

Johnny--the station turned out really nice!

Well fellers, I'm about model builded out building buildings.
    So I got out some rolling and decided to some track ready. I fixed about a dozen of them.
    The next one I opened up was a kit to build one - so I guess I'm about to learn how to build rolling stock!!
    That's ok - I haven't done any before.
    E.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Well fellers, I'm about model builded out building buildings.
    So I got out some rolling and decided to some track ready. I fixed about a dozen of them.
    The next one I opened up was a kit to build one - so I guess I'm about to learn how to build rolling stock!!
    That's ok - I haven't done any before.
    E.
    Which kit is it? I have built hundreds over the last 35 years. Most are relatively easy.

Willie

Afternoon All,

Didn't accomplish much today other than re-arranging two cabinet drawers so all my styrene supplies are in one and all my wood supplies are together in another. I just got done talking to Phil and he is doing well.

Karl- Nice looking loco.

Eric- I hook my lighting to the track buss with a resistor in-line. It works great and you can have several lights on the same circuit.

Sherrel- I hope you feel better.

Joe- I use Tamiya Flat White (I believe it's XF-1 or 2) thinned with alcohol. If it's wood I put A&I on first and if it's styrene I paint first.

Johnny- I really like the station. It's amazing the difference scenery makes.

Chet- Great rail picture.

I hope everyone has a good night.
    Curt Webb
    The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
    PRR Bellevue Subdivision