Modell Railroad Links

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Long day here. Got the video finished and posted to the church. They aired it at both services this morning. Kids loved it.
    Was installing the new front tire on the bike when I noticed the front wheel bearings were making a grinding noise. I checked them when I had the wheel off the bike and I could feel the occasional resistance. I had to go down to the Harley dealer to get new bearings then installed them this afternoon. Changed the primary, transmission and engine oil then took it for a test ride and clean up at the 2bit car wash. Runs fine. Now just have to change the antifreeze tomorrow and it will be ready for travel.
    In the mean time, I have enjoyed checking the live rail cam that is installed at Ashland, VA. I just discovered today that I can scrub along the play line and see what has already gone by up to 4 hours ago. Pretty cool.
    Back to work tomorrow.
    Ken
    When ya absolutely positively need model railroad fun, choose the D&J Railroad.

Visit the progress of the construction of the D&J Railroad at:
    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...-From-Scratch]

Here's another track photo. Joe, I have no idea where any of these photos were taken, but I got a kick out of your comment. You could be right.

Long_Tracks-wallpaper-11121238.jpg
    Chet: Interesting contrast from modern technique in the foreground to decrepit with battered heads further out. This one doesn't look familiar, though.

This was taken yesterday, by a friend from the former PRR / PC Harris Tower, in Harrisburg, PA.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harrisburg July 15 201.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	520.3 KB 
ID:	62350
    I survived the Penn Central

Hiya gang!
    Not much going on here today, just lawn cutting and a few odds & ends. Back to work tomorrow, hopefully the techs can figure out my Impala. Been there since Wednesday, engine wont crank at times, have to turn the key 3-4 times then it cranks over and starts. No power to the starter at times. They've swapped out the ignition switch and the PCM, triple checked all the wiring and when I left Friday they were awaiting a GM Technical Assistance call. Meanwhile I'm driving a used and abused Chrysler mini van, a loaner from my boss. SWMBO has my truck,,,,, I want my truck back!!

Willie: Yes, they do get exercise on occasion, and once the new layout is built they will get even more. In fact, one got a brief run yesterday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2366.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	62351

Garry, Willie, Chet & Curt Thanks for the kind words on the cabinet. It's one of 3 that were once in the June 2011 RMC. I've been so pleased with the LED lighting I may replace the fluorescent lighting in the other lighted cabinet with LED's. The strips are all over eBay, with or without a power supply (I use an old Tyco transformer). The strips can be cut every 3rd LED, and more power wires can be easily added!

L8ter gang, SWMBO's a hollerin!
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!
    Oh, let's see what this button on Decoder Pro does!

The 'cow catcher' on that loco, Karl, looks more appropriate for producing sliced beef
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by tootnkumin View Post
    The 'cow catcher' on that loco, Karl, looks more appropriate for producing sliced beef
    Since the Western Maryland ran through some mountainous terrain, most of their engines were equipped with this type of pilot, known as a "rock knocker".
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!

Evening fellers,
    I'm finishing up another model - Walthers JC landry Feed & Supply store (#933-3662)
    Finally, a Walthers kit who's instruction were actually decent!!!!!
    Anyway, the final thing to this kit is adding a lighting kit from Viessmann.
    I'd never head of them before so I did some looking around starting with the power supply mentioned in the lighting kit's instruction (but not included) .
    It's the Viessmann 5215 Power Module.

Has anyone had any experience with them and what do you think of their stuff.
    You all know I love adding lighting to my buildings.
    I haven't done any of that because I don't have of those materials here with me - yet.
    Let me know what "you'ns" think.
    E.

Working with decals.
    That model I mentioned earlier said something about Micro-Sol to apply the decals.
    I have some Testors "Decal Set". Are these basically the same thing by different companies?
    While doing a little searching around I found a thread in some other forum about Micro-Sol and Micro-Set and "Champ".
    What are all these about and do I need them?
    Generally speaking, I haven't had a problem put decals on.
    E.

Good morning gang
    72 and clear, high of 88
    Typical chance of afternoon thunder.
    Eric, I prefer Walthers Solveset when decaling. It seems to be effective, yet not as aggressive as some of the others.
    Karl
    NCE über alles!!!

Anyone done any of these models or wish to suggest something for me regarding intermodal container kit for cranes and forklifts?

Walthers (#933-3109) forklift kit - 24.98 from MBK
    Walthers (#933-3122) translift crane kit - 23.98 from MBK
    Walthers (#933-3222) TL-1000 crane kit - 23.98 from MBK.
    Ratio HO overhead transferring crane - 26.98 from MBK.

I have a ton of intermodal cars and containers but nothing else to go along with them - including curve radii they can handle consistently which I plan on addressing.
    E

Quote Originally Posted by kbkchooch View Post
    I prefer Walthers Solveset when decaling. It seems to be effective, yet not as aggressive as some of the others.
    What do you mean by "aggressive"?

maybe someone needs to school me on these decal solutions are for.
    Back in my older days, I just soaked off the carrier paper and slapped them on - no problem!!
    E