Modell Railroad Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you seen this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post
    Thanks for the info, LOUIS, I will have to try and see what happens. I do not have one of the newer trannies - used to have a TW, but foolishly sold it many years ago. All I have now are a couple 1033's.
    You are always welcome my friend. Do Like I try to do, don't look back on mistakes, learn and look forward. Tomorrow can always be a better day.

Those 1033 transformers should be more than enough, just make sure they are safe to use. I'd recommend you have a qualified Lionel service center go over them for you. I know their value might not be what it would cost you, but you are preserving a piece of history and they can still serve you well. Kind of like us; sometimes the cost of our medical care seems like it's not worth it, but we are still here and semi-productive, on the good days that is
    Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

Louis

Colorado, Kansas, and servicing all points between

Quote Originally Posted by Bruette View Post
    I like many cartoons from Bugs to Sponge Bob, Even Uncle Grand Pa.
    I don't know what Uncle Grand Pa is. ? I'm pretty specific to the Looney Tunes. All others seem to fall short somehow. I think I am close to having a copy in some format or another of all Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies up to the beginning of the Saturday Morning Bugs Bunny Show (1962? or so) when they stopped making the good cartoons and just rehashed the old.

I've seen a couple episodes of the Angry Beavers in passing that were OK but not enough to get me interested. Most modern cartoons I've seen remind me of 30 minute sitcoms crammed into 7-10 minutes and taken to the absurd extreme allowed by animation. Rug Rats was probably the best one my children watched, but I still can't get myself to tune in an episode. I just pass them right by.

I just missed an auction for a TMCC set for $114. That seems to be about the cheapest way to go. However I can't figure out why there are three different stock numbered "Command Base"s for it: #6-12867 (called a power master), #6-12911 (the stock one in most sets), and #6-14186 (called accessory voltage control). I presume the difference is capacity. Looks like one might be 20 amps with heat sinks sitting on each side.

Uncle Grand Pa is an insane carton from the cartoon network. The first few episodes were funny, but it has declined after that. My grandsons no longer watch it. I enjoy many cartoons with my boys, but the most important thing for me is the morals of the characters. I don't expect Superman morals, but I refuse to let them watch blatantly stupid and lazy characters.

I am not familiar with TMCC systems. I know a bit about how the TMCC equipment works with the Legacy 990. I only got involved with Lionel in 2012. TMCC was replaced by Legacy beginning in 2007.

If I get some free time I will look into it.

MB Klein/Model Train Stuff has the Legacy 990 (6-14295) set for $329.99 https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Lion...io-6-14295.htm

You can operate Legacy locomotives with TMCC, but you will not have access to the advanced Legacy controls.

With all the advancements and regular updates I would recommend buying the Legacy system.

Louis

I am not familiar with TMCC systems. I know a bit about how the TMCC equipment works with the Legacy 990. I only got involved with Lionel in 2012. TMCC was replaced by Legacy beginning in 2007.

You can operate Legacy locomotives with TMCC, but you will not have access to the advanced Legacy controls.

With all the advancements and regular updates I would recommend buying the Legacy system.
    That is good information. I didn't understand how they were related and why there were two things that seemed very similar.

So, so, bummed. The estimated delivery date isn't until May 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horseman View Post
    So, so, bummed. The estimated delivery date isn't until May 2018.
    That is disappointing. Look at the Brightside; by then you will have nearly forgotten about it. Than it will show up at your door, surprise!

Louis

That is disappointing. Look at the Brightside; by then you will have nearly forgotten about it. Than it will show up at your door, surprise!
    More like the surprise on the credit card statement.

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horseman View Post
    More like the surprise on the credit card statement.
    Aint that the truth!

Louis