Modell Railroad Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Have you seen this?

  1. #1

    Default Have you seen this?

    When I saw this I thought of the Iron Horsemen, but I also thought other might be interested.

    http://www.lionel.com/products/the-p...e-1225-6-11451

    Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

    Louis

  2. Default

    NOW --- That is a NICE LOOKING Locomotive!
    **********
    Sherrel
    I survived Charles Tillinghast & Carl Ican
    Here, hold my beer!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado, Kansas, and servicing all points between
    Posts
    4,151

    Default

    Do you know if they are going to redo the entire set of scale cars to go with it? So far all I've got is the observation and diner.

  4. Default

    Looks very nice! Haven't jumped the Polar Express shark yet. I'm weighing that against the Hogwarts Express shark. My feeling is that Hogwarts might be of more interest to older kids or teens, whom are old enough to actually get into model railroading of their own accord. I got serious about model railroading sometime around the 5-6th grades, that was over the Summer between 5-6th grade. My Mom got me a subscription to Model Railroader for my 12th birthday, in 1974, about when Bruce Chubb's layout was featured in the MR 40th Anniversary issue, in 1/74.

    Getting back on subject, how about a Polar Express S-2 Turbine?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado, Kansas, and servicing all points between
    Posts
    4,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruette View Post
    When I saw this I thought of the Iron Horsemen, but I also thought other might be interested.

    http://www.lionel.com/products/the-p...e-1225-6-11451
    That is odd, it is not in the 2017 catalog.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirfoldalot View Post
    NOW --- That is a NICE LOOKING Locomotive!
    At a list price of $1449.99 it better be and as far as I know it never sold at more than $100 off the list price.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horseman View Post
    Do you know if they are going to redo the entire set of scale cars to go with it? So far all I've got is the observation and diner.
    I have not heard or read anything saying they would but I would not be surprised if they did. The Polar Express obsession is alive and well among many Lionel fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by otiscnj View Post
    Looks very nice! Haven't jumped the Polar Express shark yet. I'm weighing that against the Hogwarts Express shark. My feeling is that Hogwarts might be of more interest to older kids or teens, whom are old enough to actually get into model railroading of their own accord. I got serious about model railroading sometime around the 5-6th grades, that was over the Summer between 5-6th grade. My Mom got me a subscription to Model Railroader for my 12th birthday, in 1974, about when Bruce Chubb's layout was featured in the MR 40th Anniversary issue, in 1/74.

    Getting back on subject, how about a Polar Express S-2 Turbine?
    At first I thought you meant shark, as in Baldwin, but I tend to be a bit slow sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horseman View Post
    That is odd, it is not in the 2017 catalog.
    It was last listed in the 2014 catalog. I did a quick internet search and it appears they are all sold out at internet retailers. I also searched eBay and found none.

    I would expect it to return to the Lionel catalog sometime soon, but not as a 10th anniversary edition. I'd expect to see it as a Vision Line item. If I were a betting man I'd say it will have Pere Marquette as the road name if it does enter the Vision Line.
    Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

    Louis

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado, Kansas, and servicing all points between
    Posts
    4,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruette View Post
    It was last listed in the 2014 catalog. I did a quick internet search and it appears they are all sold out at internet retailers. I also searched eBay and found none.
    Ok, that explains it. This is the one I've been searching for since we first talked about this....
    Last edited by Iron Horseman; 07-16-2017 at 09:31 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado, Kansas, and servicing all points between
    Posts
    4,151

    Default

    Well Looky here. Apparently Lionel issues multiple catalogs a year. In the 2017 Volume 2 Signature Edition is the full Polar Express done in "scale".
    http://catalogs.lionel.com/17c2/html5/
    Looks like I need about$2100 to get the loco and 5 cars I need. I've already got a diner and the observation. I wonder why there is no hot chocolate, abandon toys, or hobo on roof car?

  9. #9

    Default

    Darn, that is one heck f a nice looking engine Louis ... "O Scale" you say
    Cheers,

    Tony
    (aka wombat457)

    "...knowing what to do is one thing, being able to do it is another..."

    http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...Indoor-N-Scale

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat457 View Post
    Darn, that is one heck f a nice looking engine Louis ... "O Scale" you say
    Yes sir! Lionel true O scale at that!
    Keep High Balling, Be Safe & Have Fun!
    Thread: Introducing Kids to Model Trains
    Thread: My 4th of July Trains - Thread: My Lionel Standard O Trains

    Louis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •