Trolley Repair??

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

vpersh

I have an 027 trolley (Industrial Rail model IDMU 1403) that I used for one Christmas season and then it stop running. I contacted Industrial Rail and they sent me Atlas. Several attempts to contact Atlas were fruitless. I'm not looking for warranty work, I just want to have it repaired. Is there anyone in the business of fixing this kind of stuff? I really like the trolley but I'd like it even better if it would GO!

Thanks,
Van
trolley1.jpgtrolley2.jpg

LATX

Have you tried cleaning the wheels to insure Proper Electric connection from the track, also when was the last time you ran it did it run sluggish or any nosie from the motor when you connect it to the power pack

vpersh

The thing is basically brand new. Hasn't been used for more than a couple hours. Wheels are clean as can be. Cleaning them did nothing. Tried it with a couple of different power supplies. It ran very slowly for a couple minutes and then quit entirely. No noise whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that something's goofy with the electronics. I wish I could find someone that could make the repair....

tootnkumin

Staff member
From what I read on Google, that brand is now owned by Atlas as part of their Atlas "O" line. Contact them for a repair shop near you, maybe?

vpersh

I tried that a couple of times and got absolutely no response from them. Really disappointing. Such a shame because it's really a good looking unit and we enjoyed the heck out of for three whole weeks. Oh well, let the buyer beware!!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.