Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

BigE

and... the other 3....
machhouse4.jpgmachhouse5.jpgmachhouse6.jpg

tootnkumin

Staff member
Eric, it looks to me like you have the makin's of a perduction line there. Henry Ford, move out'a the way.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Good Morning All. 70° and moderate rain. A heavy thunderstorm passed through between 5:00 and 6:00 and put 3.25" in the rain gauge. Pool is overflowing through the skimmer! Garden is very happy. High today is supposed to be 80° after 99° yesterday. Looks like another three hours or so of light rain.
Split my time yesterday between the pool and the train shed. Worked on overhauling a couple of freight cars that have been in a "RIP" box since I shut down the old train room in 2010. One covered hopper that I got in the early 80's had been weighted down with modeling clay, before I realized that that stuff leached some kind of oil. While none had gotten on the trucks or wheels, it had leaked out and was all over the bottom of the car, and had all kinds of dirt, cobwebs and insect carcasses stuck to it. Ran trains too.

Chet -
Why would the cows want to leave the pasture when there's plenty to eat?
Cows are dumb!
Garry - Good to hear that your friend is on the path to recovery.
Sherrel - I did use some Democratic language (re: Kristen Gillibrand, Tom Perez)
Eric - You're coming along quite fine with your structures. Good job.

Everybody have a wonderful weekend.

Willie

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
OK .. I was just looking at the weather map and noticed a couple hours ago that it looked as if Willie was getting "dumped on"! - Then he reports over 3 inches of rain. I really miss those days from my youth of rain hitting the tin roof of our house so hard that you had to yell in order for the person sitting accross the room to hear you, and just a river of water running from the eve of the house. A hail storm was like a train going by!

Garry .. Man, I do pray for Dan - and Eric too! My troubles, although serious, does not approach what they are having to contend with.

Beady

Seems like there's been a lot of worry here. Hope these help a little (sorry about any repeats, I'm losing, er, track).
1deae514dabe360ff0600a152e46ebf7.jpg
580137044e967a0ea935fb153ab31b5b.jpg
18b136dfd09387ae1a7e9e3795014964.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Boris

Beach Bum
Good evening. 82°, and pleasant. We had some severe weather here around 0730 this morning. .59" of rain and a Tornado about three miles from where I live, along Highway 9, (Springsteen's Thunder Road). No "Official" confirmation from NOAA, but there was property damage, several injuries, and the police released a video showing a funnel cloud which touched down on the Home Depot parking lot. This type of weather is more common in Willie's neighborhood. Tornadoes rarely occur here, although occasionally we do see waterspouts off the coast. Weather should be tranquil for the next seven days.

MIL returns to her Assisted Living unit tomorrow, ending that adventure.

Garry: your friend is undergoing a very difficult process. Hopefully, It will have a successful outcome.

Eric: Nice progress.

Beady: Neat! :rolleyes:

I spent much of last evening following the NHL draft. The draft finished this morning. The Devils had a total of 11 picks including first over all. Hope they improve.

tootnkumin

Staff member
As I mentioned a couple of days ago, NZ now has NZ120 as a modelling option, which might also be expressed as TTn3.5 scale, 1:120 running on 9mm track. There is at least one manufacturer producing a good range of locos and rolling stock, so here is a video from that range in 3 parts. Musical accompianment optional. This is part one, if viewed on YouTube, parts 2 & 3 follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS_g9XN29hU&t=198s

GarryCBQ

Good evening.

Toot ..... That is a very nice little model railroad. Thanks for sharing.

Everybody ... Thanks for the thoughts and prayers regarding my model railroad friend, Dan. .... I just received a text from his wife. Dan improved this afternoon, and he was able to walk 640 steps. I was pleased to hear that.

I am working on scenery around the bridges. Not much to show yet.

kbkchooch

"retired" conductor
Good evening gang!

I know I've been scarce of late, trying to catch up. I've just been so Bizzzzy!

Been a beeeeutiful day here on the palatial ranch estate here in central Absurdistan. :rolleyes: Big flea market at my old High School. No trains but I did find some of those Hawaiian flowery shirts for when I'm feeling fancy. Cleaned SWMBO's office building, bought me a new desk chair for the puter. The old one had a bad hydraulic cylinder. You could be sitting there at a comfortable setting then WHAM! you are setting on the lowest possible setting.:eek: Lawn is cut, put the fence back up that we had to teardown to bring in the shed. Also checked out my load from Monday's auction , culling iems to go to eBay. I also cut and soldered new LED light strips for the one display cabinet. I hope to get them installed tomorrow during my 3 hour peace. (SWMBO has an open house tomorrow) . Speaking of which, while we were out planting signs for the open house tomorrow I found something.

Louis are you paying attention here. Found a car worth drooling over, I'm sure Louis would agree.

20170624_201101.jpg20170624_201110.jpg20170624_201125.jpg20170624_201137.jpg

This one is only 3 miles from my house. OMG it's a beaut!

Garry Great news about your friend Dan! We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Big E Glad to see the progress you have made on those kits. We're also keeping you on the prayer list for your complete restoration.

Willie Kidney stone! :eek: I wouldn't wish it on anyone, 'cept maybe ISIS members :rolleyes: However, this too shall pass.

Sherrel Your on the prayer list still. You're not out of the wood yet, take care of that ticker!

Everyone else, keep em on the rails, more sand!!!!

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Good Morning All. A very pleasant 65° and partly cloudy today. Never got above 80° yesterday, was able to leave the windows open all day and night. Back into the upper 80's today for a three day run. Then a normal 90°+ until September. I did receive a total of 4.2" of rain yesterday with minimal runoff since it was really dry here. Spent part of the day preparing for a three day "sleepover" with my two grandsons here. We're giving mom and dad a vacation.
Out in the train shed, I did some metal wheel installs on a few more freight cars. Making slow but sure progress. I think that I am now down to 80 cars (out of 800) left to go. Most are on staging/storage shelves for now, but I am looking forward to getting some of them into the active rotation. Just wish that I had planned better when purchasing many of them 30+ years ago. Ran some trains and did some more structure cleaning in between.

Beady - That picture of GTA V looks like one that Bruce (New Guy) posted about a year and a half ago when he intentionally ran a loco that way!
Joe - You're correct about the weather here. A lot of small tornados happen here that never get reported or confirmed because they happen out in someones "back 40" and do no damage except for a few uprooted trees.
Garry - Great news about Dan. 640 steps is over a quarter mile for me, but I am sure that it is far less for him right now.
Karl - Thanks for your concern, it did pass, thankfully!

Everybody have a great day. By the way, where is everybody? Yesterday was the slowest day in the Coffee Shop and forum in general that I have seen in quite a while.

Willie

Bruette

Good evening gang!

I know I've been scarce of late, trying to catch up. I've just been so Bizzzzy!

Been a beeeeutiful day here on the palatial ranch estate here in central Absurdistan. :rolleyes: Big flea market at my old High School. No trains but I did find some of those Hawaiian flowery shirts for when I'm feeling fancy. Cleaned SWMBO's office building, bought me a new desk chair for the puter. The old one had a bad hydraulic cylinder. You could be sitting there at a comfortable setting then WHAM! you are setting on the lowest possible setting.:eek: Lawn is cut, put the fence back up that we had to teardown to bring in the shed. Also checked out my load from Monday's auction , culling iems to go to eBay. I also cut and soldered new LED light strips for the one display cabinet. I hope to get them installed tomorrow during my 3 hour peace. (SWMBO has an open house tomorrow) . Speaking of which, while we were out planting signs for the open house tomorrow I found something.

Louis are you paying attention here. Found a car worth drooling over, I'm sure Louis would agree.

View attachment 62020View attachment 62021View attachment 62022View attachment 62023

This one is only 3 miles from my house. OMG it's a beaut!

Karl you sure did get my attention and the wheels is my mind are turning! I miss my 78 that looked exactly the same. If I had a garage I would have already bought this one. That is the most comfortable car I have ever been in.

I'm glad I don't have a garage. I spent nearly $10000 on the engine, transmission rear and suspension of my 78 before it got stolen. I know I over paid because the majority of the parts were Ford Motor Sport. Even with the 25% discount I got from Bob Davidson Ford the parts cost more than other after market parts available. I can't even imagine how much it would cost today. I would also have to pay labor now because I won't be able to do the work. Big difference between delivering packages and turning wrenches.

If I just kept it the way it is it would nickel and dime me to death because I would drive it every chance I got! As we all know even with low mileage 40 years deteriorates everything.

I'll stick to drooling for now, but I would like to know who buys it because when I move I will have a garage. I'd buy it for $10000 just to have that pristine body.

Do you know what engine it has in it? Mine was a 302 but I think they put 351W and maybe 400s in some of them. If you tell me a 351W my drooling will be increased exponentially.

Most Ford guys like the 351C, but I always liked the 351W because you can bore it out without making the cylinder walls to thin.

Thanks for posting it Karl, I am enjoying looking at it, but for now I will continue to spend my money on high end Lionel Trains. They are making a vision line GG1. I am trying to figure out how I can get a discount on one of those. I love my trains, but I am always looking for a discount. The list price on the GG1 is $1999.99, but its a beauty too!

I should stop dreaming about what is gone. If I want a hot rod, that I would never drive very fast anyway, those days are long gone. I could just go buy a new Chevy SS.

In reality if I buy anything I would buy a new Chevy Suburban when I retire to travel the country with my Wife and my dogs. Who knows I might even get a grandson or 2 to go with us.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Nice car for U Louis?
Nice find, Karl.

Fairly warm today ... am going to stay inside for the most part. Last two days been feeling just sorta tired.

Today is forecast to be MUCH WARMER than yesterday.
Today
High 101 | Low 65 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 90.9 | Low 66 °F
Precip. 0 in

P.S. Love this "toy" TERRY. Just have to find some programs to install. 'Geeks' won't move my "Office Program" without the official disks which are - who knows where? They also missed a couple files full of bookmarks too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.