Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Sherrel is out of surgery.
It was deemed successful, and he will have the second procedure tomorrow.

tootnkumin

Staff member
Great news. The only reason they give you those gowns to wear is to keep your mind occupied, tying bows behind your back and then wondering whether you did a good enough job of it.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Terry, thanks for the update on Sherrel. We all knew that this would be the outcome! Looking forward to his return.

Willie

Boris

Beach Bum
Great news. The only reason they give you those gowns to wear is to keep your mind occupied, tying bows behind your back and then wondering whether you did a good enough job of it.

Ain't that the truth? Great news concerning Sherrel, round 2 tomorrow.

Raincoat2

Good afternoon everyone. I'm on a short 3day road trip to Chicago for a conference. Will drive all night tomorrow, get in around 3 a.m. Wednesday, then take a day or two off work.

Had the family over for Fathers Day - 13 of us in all, including our 10 month old granddaughter. Making real progress on the train station. Had fun showing everyone the train running loops, cause it was the first time they'd seen that.

Have a a good rest of the day everyone.

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
IT ARRIVED. I was really astounded that the RS-1 had arrived in the mail today. It is an excellent looking locomotive. I thought that I would have to shave off the old grab irons and ladder rungs like on my old Alcos, but they are seperate parts. The only thing I had to do was to replace the plastic couplers with Kadee 158's. The sound is just like an Alco, but a tad loud. Will try to turn down the sound when I go to the club next Saturday and program the locomotive. Ran it briefly on DC and it ran well on one throttle. Had a suprise when I put it on the GML throttle. Even with the throttle turned off, it started up and wanted to start going ?????????? Didn't do that on my other DC throttle. Guess I have a bit to learn about it.

IMAG1171.jpg IMAG1170.jpg

It was really good news about Sherrel. Hoping the same for tomorrow.

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
IT ARRIVED. I was really astounded that the RS-1 had arrived in the mail today. It is an excellent looking locomotive. ... The sound is just like an Alco, but a tad loud. Will try to turn down the sound when I go to the club next Saturday and program the locomotive. ...
Chet, if your plan is mainly to run that loco at the club, you may want to think twice before turning down the sound volume; large enclosures with a lot of people tend to absorb sound, and what seems loud in your basement might be just right for the club.

GarryCBQ

Chet .... Your RS1 looks great.

Speaking of NP, I have been admiring the Athearn NP Z-8 Challenger 4-6-6-4

tootnkumin

Staff member
Chet, I agree with Ken in M. Wait till you hear what it's like competing with the other noises in the club environment. Umm, oh yeah, that other one is still available, #800.

Bruette

Little league baseball was rained out so I went to work, I love working :) Thank you God!

The Orioles are either wining big or losing big, 12-0 is a season low point. They birds have given up 5 or more runs in 16 consecutive games. That could be a record, at least it has to be for the Orioles. I've never seen so much bad pitching. I really miss McNally, Palmer and Cuellar. I'd be happy with Doyle Alexander right now!

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Hi guys .. Made it threw round one. Second surgery Tuesday morning from the inside to "plug" an artery that they bypassed today.
Then in a couple weeks ,now changed to July 6th, before doing the same to the right side AND THEN the dangerous one of pacing a slieve inside the aorta to isolate the aneurysm.

GarryCBQ

Thanks to all u guys .. You have been a tremendous asset in the success so far.

Sherrel ... I thought you would be asleep now, but it is very good to see you posting. .... Today's medical treatments are amazing. After all of your procedures, you can recover to a normal life again. .... Prayers continue.

Raincoat2

Good morning everyone from Chicago. Mostly sunny here near O'Hare. Time for breakfast with lots of coffee!! Conference gives lots of breaks with coffee flowing freely!

Great news, Sherrel. We're praying for today's procedure too.

have a good day everyone.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.