Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Burlington Bob

Good morning, America, how are ya? Just sticking my head in for a quick hello!

Sherrel, you're in my thoughts and prayers today! Confidence is high, Houston!

Everyone else please take care!

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Good Morning All. 68° and light showers, brief light thunderstorm passed about two hours ago. Heavier storms are nearby but will probably miss me. Sure could have used more than the .1" in the gauge. Had a good Father's Day yesterday. My son sent a cooler full of "Omaha Steaks" that I will start enjoying this week. Haven't had anything from them in about ten years since my buddy left their Dallas store. I could afford their products when he gave me his 50% employee discount!
Out in the train shed, I overhauled a pair of Athearn blue-box SD40-2 locomotives. Cleaned them up, added new lubrication, hardwired one and exchanged some of the wheels for NWSL ones. Unfortunately my LHS only had one package left and they said that they didn't know when there would be more, per NWSL. So half of the axles on each engine were replaced. I also pulled a nearly 20 year old P2K PS2CD covered hopper kit out of the stash and started to build it. I was feeling industrious yesterday! Started by re-numbering it, and reaming out all of the holes with a #72 (.025) drill bit to ease insertion of parts. Those of you who have assembled these kits know what I mean.

Bob - Yep! Babes...it's Sanger location is only twelve miles away. Love it. I have never had anything from Beth Marie's since I am not an ice cream person, but my wife swears by it.
Chet - I know that deer are not a big deal in some areas (except as a nuisance), but they only started showing up in this area about 15-18 years ago. Most of my neighbors do not allow deer hunting on their property in order to allow the population to build up. There is a mountain lion that roams in the woods about a quarter mile down the road that gets its fair share of fawns though.
Beady - I am still laughing at that cartoon. I did grow up in that era!
Eric - No experience here with the Faller cement, so I cannot advise.

Everybody have an awesome day.

Willie

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Good morning. Starting off at 58 degrees with a forecast high near 80. It was a bit cool over the weekend with temps only getting into the mid 60's.

Toot - Quite the video. Enjoyed it.

Sherrel - Best of luck my friend. We're all hoping to hear from you in short order.

Willie - Deer are quite a problem on the roads up here. It seems that the deer will stand on the shoulder of the road and wait for a vehicle to come along and then they dart across the highway. We do a lot of bumper hunting up here.

Phil -
You gotta show up more often.

Eric - Maybe I can have one of our dachshunds translate the directions ??? icon_lol.gif Sounds like you're making progress. post some more photos of what you have built.

Terry - I have printed off the programming directions you posted. Hopefully someone at the club will understand them. I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them.

Bob - Enjoy the trip.

Later

Attachments

• 113.gif
    113.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 212

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Thanks, Garry.
My wife will hopefully notify Terry.
Laying here waiting to be wheeled back prob in another 1/2 hour they said.
Lotsa tubes and wires sticking out a this gawdd awful modest gown.
CHIN UP!

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
From word I have received, Sherrel should be getting wheeled in to the OR in about a minute.

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
Thanks, Garry.
My wife will hopefully notify Terry.
Laying here waiting to be wheeled back prob in another 1/2 hour they said.
Lotsa tubes and wires sticking out a this gawdd awful modest gown.
CHIN UP!

I wonder why they always refer to the surgery area as, "back". Is that out in the alley?

Flip

O.K., my fault . Don't come in as often as I should. However, I call Sherrel and we have had a number of conversations RE his operation. Last talk was just a few days ago and he said the op was to be on the 28th. So what is todays op all about ???

PHIL

Beady

O.K., my fault . Don't come in as often as I should. However, I call Sherrel and we have had a number of conversations RE his operation. Last talk was just a few days ago and he said the op was to be on the 28th. So what is todays op all about ???

PHIL
HAH! And you believed him!

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.