Modell Railroad Links

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Default Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

This is the new place. Don't forget to wipe your feet, and shut the door to keep the A/C in.
    You're never too old to do something stupid.

Terry

Looks like it's time to move on to a new coffee shop. Flo and Francine are on their way.

A nice day here at 65 degrees and not a cloud ing the sky.

Real busy day yesterday. Went flying yesterday morning with wheel sup at 0700. It was nice to get a few hours into the log book. After that it was time to mow the lawn. No grandson this wee. Then I helped the neighbor with some carpentry work. By the time that was over, it was time to eat and head over to Livingston to the model railroad club.

Enjoyed running there. Finally got to see how the BLI heavy Mike did running on DCC. Took a lot of videos also. Here's one of a DM&IR Yellowstone that was running last night. After a while the somke started getting a bit thick.

Got some chores to get done. Be back soon.
    ................................ Chet

Video - Switching in Churchill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-tYl9fd9s
    VIDEO Tour of the layout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY
    New cab ride - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiL7SgH6Wbw

I'm not usually a fan of HO smoke because I don't find it at all realistic...however it did look better on that video...I assume somehow they have improved the smoke-mechanisms since my childhood. That was a very impressive train and sound as well������

Good Afternoon All,

Spent most the morning and some of the afternoon doing chores and being a taxi driver. I spent a couple of hours putting in windows, shades, signs, and wall trim, so I should be at the point of putting the walls together.

Tomorrow I will be at the grade school again for library book inventory.

Sherrel- I look at it as it would need painting/Decaling, lighting, DCC Sound, and a Train Phone and possibly a new drive.

Louis- Nice pic.

Chet- Nice video.

I hope everyone has a good night.
    Curt Webb
    The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
    PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Gene - I'm like you, not a real fan of the smoke. Here's another video of the train, still huffin' and puffin'. When I was a kid I did get to actually ride in the cab of a Northern Pacific Yellowstone. Just before they were scraped, they were used for helper service over Bozeman Pass and believe me, there was a lot more smoke coming out and it had a bit of a darker color.

Eric - One thing to look for in a color printer is the size of the ink cartridges. The year before last, my Epson bit the dust and we had to grab another in a hurry because my wife need the printer for the league secretary work and the cartridges were so small that we had to replace the cartridges twice during league. Also, don't refill the cartridges. It really pays off to get the factory ones. They can ruin the printer. We ended up getting an HP 8625 mainly because of the size of the cartridges. We went two seasons before we had to replace one. That's where they make their money, selling ink. The quality is excellent. Got it at Costco. Your track plan, or space does offer you some decent space.

Toot - Enjoyed the video. I have watched quite a few from India and I ceased to be amazed.

Talked briefly with Sherrel about DC controllers. I like my GML and so does Dave LASM.
    ................................ Chet

Video - Switching in Churchill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-tYl9fd9s
    VIDEO Tour of the layout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY
    New cab ride - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiL7SgH6Wbw

Quote Originally Posted by montanan View Post
    Eric - One thing to look for in a color printer is the size of the ink cartridges. The year before last, my Epson bit the dust and we had to grab another in a hurry because my wife need the printer for the league secretary work and the cartridges were so small that we had to replace the cartridges twice during league. Also, don't refill the cartridges. It really pays off to get the factory ones. They can ruin the printer.
    I can attest to the ruining part. Got a set of generic ink cartridges for my Canon. It worked for long enough to use about a quarter of the ink, then I got an error message and the printer would print no more. Not even with factory cartridges.
    Our replacement is also a Canon, it works pretty well, and the ink prices are not too bad. Ours is an MG series that I got from Ebay for $35. Prints, scans, and copies. Don't know if it faxes, I never tried.

Terry

N 42D 45' 23.59", W 84D 35' 10.87" MSL +847

Quote Originally Posted by bnsf971 View Post
    I can attest to the ruining part. Got a set of generic ink cartridges for my Canon. It worked for long enough to use about a quarter of the ink, then I got an error message and the printer would print no more. Not even with factory cartridges.
    Our replacement is also a Canon, it works pretty well, and the ink prices are not too bad. Ours is an MG series that I got from Ebay for $35. Prints, scans, and copies. Don't know if it faxes, I never tried.
    What with scanning and pdf, I don't know why anyone would need a fax anymore.

This signature is intended to irritate people.
    I don't care what you do to the women and children, just leave me alone!

Chet, Great videos of the Yellowstone. Must've been good to give it it's legs on the club layout. While the smoke volume I doubt would match what the real one would put out when working hard, at least it was puffing clouds and not wisps like all the other smoke producers I've seen.
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Beady View Post
    What with scanning and pdf, I don't know why anyone would need a fax anymore.

This signature is intended to irritate people.
    I have learned there is a limited need for faxes. Sending semi-official documents, for example. I've been told to fax something. Can't I email it? NO. O-kay...

Terry

I believe you can now send a FAX via your computer, whether this is a new Win10 feature, not sure, haven't had a need. Big help, eh!
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.