Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

GarryCBQ

Good morning ...

Justin .... Nice photo of C&O GP9's, and old depot, and lots of trees.

Ken in MD ... I agree with Chet that scenery is not as hard as many think it my be before they try doing it.

Curt .... The building looks great on your layout.

My wife and I enjoyed celebrating he birthday in Nashville Sunday. ... Treated her to Ruth's Chris steak house and a night in a nice hotel in down town Nashville. Monday was a shopping day. Hopefully, I spoiled her enough to last until next year.

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Good Morning:

Chet:
That hail can really cause a lot of damage to vehicles caught out in the storm. I had a '34 Chevy pickup truck with dents in the top of the vehiclefrom a hail storm back in the '70s.

Beach Boy Lovers:
Don't forgot "Little Duce Couple".
Look at Tony Martin still singing and almost 90 years old.

Scenery, like Chet stated isn't as hard as one might think it is! And, its fun. Like John Allen said in part, "Scenery is the leveler between a man with lots of money and one without".

A small line of storms coming and then later more steady rain. No dump run for me today....hurray!!!

That's all.

Greg

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Greg - the hail was small and not solid ice like most common hail, but but was a bit softer plus it wasn't wind driven. No damages at all.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Morning Chaps:
Have been up for a couple hours, guess I should check in. Temps will start going back up today to the 79-81 range and then start working higher the next 10 days they say. Those 70* days were very nice, but the wind made it seem cooler than it was.

Going to try and do some yard work today - the bushes in the back yard are outta control and I need to adjust a few of the sprinkler heads.
After much discussion with the Spousal Unit and family members, I have decided to proceed with the repair of the aneurism that is sitting next to my heart. I’m not looking forward to it at all as it requires (according to the surgeon) quite extensive re-plumbing to bypass the area and then seal it off. The aneurism has grown 14 % in the last year and is now approaching a size that they consider dangerous. Currently waiting to hear back from the doctors.

chessie_system3

Morning fellers. Back to summer weather today here in West Virginia. Gonna share some more here. First one a pair of C&O GP30s in Logan, WV. Second a C&O SD40 coming through the Peach Creek yard in Peach Creek, WV. And lastly a trio of modern power. CSX locomotives in the Peach Creek yard.
174712f0637178cd7fa7c310fe219bb0.jpg
e78c0c89d363e61cf51a1c26d9f4dcaa.jpg
5de88033b61c8b1d7d5d3b61bb7e132b.jpg

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Burlington Bob

Good morning America; how are ya? 71° in Clinton, supposed to get to 74° with a 50% chance of thunderstorms when I will be walking in to work and 58° and a 90% chance of thunderstorms when I walk out. I have to walk about 3/4 of a mile so we'll see how that goes!

Is there a fairly easy way to post pictures on the Forums using your iPhone? It sure would be nice if it could be done as easily as it can be done on Facebook, for example.

Have a great day and he careful!

Saturn5tony

Morning fellers. Back to summer weather today here in West Virginia. Gonna share some more here. First one a pair of C&O GP30s in Logan, WV. Second a C&O SD40 coming through the Peach Creek yard in Peach Creek, WV. And lastly a trio of modern power. CSX locomotives in the Peach Creek yard.
174712f0637178cd7fa7c310fe219bb0.jpg

Wow that diesel is just screaming for weathering tools on a nice scale train!

Beady

Is there a fairly easy way to post pictures on the Forums using your iPhone? It sure would be nice if it could be done as easily as it can be done on Facebook, for example.

Have a great day and he careful!
Yes. The current version of tapatalk has a little onscreen button (two of them, actually) that makes it very easy.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

GarryCBQ

Howdy.

Justin .... Posting this photo for you. I took it at the Kentucky Railway Museum a few years ago.

DSCN2917.jpg

PRR Modeler

Evening All,

Warm here today. I think tomorrow or Friday it's supposed to be 94 F. I visited with a another modeler that I know who lives about 30 minutes from me (next to downtown Orlando). He is building a Southern railroad around the ACL in the fifties. I do not exaggerate that he is a fine scale modeler. He is as good or better than the Pennsy layout that I shared awhile back. It goes to show how far I have to go!

After getting home I called and talked to Phil. He is doing good, has gained a little more weight, and has been running his trains. I will probably see him next week. I passed on everyone's well wishes.

Tomorrow morning first thing is a trip to the VA vampire.

VA Ken- Beautiful modeling.

Karl- Tell that to the people that live in the Pacific Northwest about the rain!

Ken- Thank you. I like using painters tape on the edges of roads, ect. It makes it easier to clean up and having cleaner looking edges.

Justin- Another nice photo.

Willie- I think my all time favorite of theirs is Sloop John B.

Johnny- Good news from the doctor.

Chet- It looks very wet there. We will take a lot of that please.

Garry- Nice Berkshire photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

chessie_system3

Good evening fellers. So I had a case of reality bites come my way. About two weeks ago I had a family emergency that required my wife to go down to Virginia. Everything is fine there that's not what bites me. This weekend is the George Washington Train Show in Clifton Forge, VA at the C&O museum. I unfortunately won't be able to attend as I have to be the responsible adult and make sure the bills are paid. I reckon I'll catch it the next time around.

Bruette

After much discussion with the Spousal Unit and family members, I have decided to proceed with the repair of the aneurism that is sitting next to my heart. I’m not looking forward to it at all as it requires (according to the surgeon) quite extensive re-plumbing to bypass the area and then seal it off. The aneurism has grown 14 % in the last year and is now approaching a size that they consider dangerous. Currently waiting to hear back from the doctors.

I'm glad to hear the good news! I'll be praying for you as will many others. I'm sure even beady will be sending good thoughts your way.

You made it this far, God must love you or the devil don't want you. Either way I'm glad you are with us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-hNMqmKK0&list=RDD3-hNMqmKK0

Bruette

Curt my family is home safe and sound, I'm sorry I took so long to reply and thank you for your kind thoughts!

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
Good evening. For anybody wondering, my shipment remains in Georgia. If it ever arrives, it's an HO Rivarossi U28C, Penn Central, I paid $50 for, NIB.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.