Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I haven't been doing much work on the bridge in the past few weeks. Income tax forms have been taking up my evenings and yard work on the weekends. I'm going up to Detroit this weekend and then I have a video project to do for my church when I return. Darn day job takes up the rest of my time.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Nice around here:
Today is forecast to be NEARLY THE SAME temperature as yesterday.
Today
High 72 | Low 50 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 73.4 | Low 56.7 °F
Precip. 0 in

As you can see = the 25% chance of rain did not pan out. It was very cool with high wind yesterday afternoon when I took the dogs for a walk. Fact is - I was cold enough that we had to cut the outing short .. we were getting a strong West wind off the ocean which really dropped the temp.

Back later, got to run for now, but I leave you with this thought!

toilet.jpg

Burlington Bob

Good morning America; how are ya? It's 73° here in Clinton, IL with a high forecast of 78° today and sunshine all over. I stopped at the room yesterday before going to work and realized I didn't have my toolbox for my trains with me! Bummer!!! I thought about running home this morning and grabbing it and a couple of other small things but decided against it. It would take about four hours and just wouldn't be worth it.

So instead, I'll go to the grocery store and get stuff for the rest of the week. They have a 10% discount for seniors 62 and older on Tuesdays. I've learned to embrace my age and take advantage of the perks that go with it! Got to get moving, everyone be careful!

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Perfect Spring morning in Wisconsin, but rain headed for later and several days of on and off rain.

Working on several non-rail projects and then maybe some train work.

That's all.

Greg

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Hot here again today without a chance of rain. No MRR today as I had several things to do in and around the house.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

Louis- That is one of my favorite Beach Boy songs. I hope your family made it home safe and sound.

Sherrel- The scenery is minimal but I think it works all together. Great Meme.

Eric- If at some point you decide to go "western" I think that I have some stuff from that era boxed up from the 80's and a failed layout attempt.

Justin- Nice layout picture.

I hope everyone has a good night.

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
Good evening. It's been raining here too but it seems to have eased up, at least momentarily. Been coping with an upper-GI bug the past 24 hours so have to be extra careful about what I eat...

Sherrell - good one LOL!

Justin - I always enjoy seeing your C&O pics [even though I rarely ever comment on them].

Curt - your terminal building really completes the scene!

...KenL I'll trade you, I'll do an equal number of hours of scenery work, If you can come up here and work out a doable track plan for me to satisfy the most of my givens and druthers.
I'm sure we can work something out Karl - just LMK the optimal time to drop by your place!

I took all the buildings off the southernmost end of my layout this evening, in preparation for putting in some terrain and vegetation-type scenery - i.e. the "natural" stuff. I've got a local mrr friend coming over Thursday to help me get started on it. What makes this a challenge is that I need to leave a large percentage of the area flat for buildings, roads, parking lots, etc. So I'll have to squeeze in the hills and turf wherever I can fit them.

G'nite everyone!

Boris

Beach Bum
The O's lost to the Rays tonight, 2-0, a two hitter, by the Tampa Bay Bullpen...Again a sparse crowd during a damp rainy night. Mets, Phillies and Red Sox home games were rained out. Maybe, the O's should have done the same.

I was reading an article in MRH, about using Foamcore for building mock-ups and backdrops. There were some good ideas. Might be able to use some of these ideas on my layout.

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/29565

Ken MD: Scenery has always challenged me. Best of luck blending terrain and vegetation with your flatland buildings and roads.

chessie_system3

On last one fellers and I'm calling it a night. From Man, WV. Story be told the depot fell victim to a derailment. Not sure when. Obviously not in this pic. Y'all have a good night.
eda1b71e272505182e0d8cf3b7ba3818.jpg

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Trussrod

Good morning coffee shop patrons,

Good morning, y'all. 49° and raining. Today is supposed to be cold and wet.

Karl: I haven't followed things B&O for quite a while, where is the B&ORRHS building located? Is this being operated as a museum, or is it for artifact storage and retrieval?

David: California Dreaming, wasn't that The Mommas and Poppas with Big Cass Elliot?

Yes, your correct, about that, I kinda of got that one mixed up.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
Good Morning All. 65° and sprinkling lightly. An two hours ago it was 72°...Today's high temperature of 78° was at midnight last night! Temperature will continue to fall until 7:00 am tomorrow. Roller coaster weather continues. Tax refund was deposited in my bank account at midnight Monday!!!! Only six days after I filed!!! Donald must want me to go to the train store, quickly, before my wife buys shoes!
Not much to report on the train front. Don't even remember what I did yesterday, besides run a couple of local switching runs.

Johnny -
Mike Love and Bruce Johnston hardly moving at all and occasionally joking about their age
They are 76 and 74 respectively, I hope that I can still move when I get there!
I do remember the Cowsills, but I didn't really get into their type of music. Even though I saw the Beach Boys who I really dug, at that time I was more into the Who, Yardbirds, Pink Floyd and other like groups.
Bob - Gotta love those senior discounts. I usually ask, because most places don't really advertise them even though they have them.
Louis - Great BB song. Another of my favorites is "Wendy".
[video=youtube;gSr0BUXuTDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSr0BUXuTDA[/video]
Terry - Up early today?

Everybody have an awesome day. Hope that it stops raining on everyone but Sherrel.

Willie

Boris

Beach Bum
Good morning, y'all. 55° and the rain has stopped, (for now).

Justin: Nice photo.

Terry: You're up early this morning?

Raincoat2

Good morning, everyone. 59 here in SW MO, and will get all the way up to 61. Storms came in the night, as forecast - thunder and lightning woke us right up and made for a miserable night. This starts about 5 days of rainy overcast weather before clearing and warmth return.

Willie - The Beach Boys had so many good songs, it's hard for me to select a few favorites. I love their early stuff through 1966's Pet Sounds. A handful of later songs are good, and I like their 2012 album That's Why God Made the Radio, which has for the most part a 60's feel to it.

Not much from the train room - just putting down roadbed and track to move the lines through the town. Waiting for an MBKlein ("Christmas in April") shipment.

Raincoat2

David - Just heard from my Dr office - my thyroid test shows normal range, so I keep the current dosage. Oh well, at least no increase, but I always hope for a dosage decrease experiment.

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Good morning. 37 degrees and partly cloudy. Yesterday afternoon it cleared up and was sunny and in the early evening we had a small thunder storm roll in. It dropped small hail and in about 10 minutes it left about 2 inches of the stuff, the sun came back out and the hail melted away in about an hour.

IMAG1117.jpg Took this photo when the storm started but got busy and didn't take the shot when the storm moved off and the sun came out. The battery in my phone died.

Justin - Nice photo of the C&O units.

Ken in MD
- Good luck with the scenery. I'm sure that once you get started, you'll find out that scenery isn't as hard as you think. Going back to when I got the the stage when scenery was starting, I was a bit apprehensive when I first got to work, but it didn't take long at all to get comfortable with it. I didn't have any help but in no time I taught myself and found it quite easy.

Got to make a few calls, Later.

Raincoat2

Everyone - a ballast question - those of you who use Arizona Rock and Mineral (order from rrscenery.com or similar) - I notice that in HO scale they have "HO Ballast" and "Mainline Ballast." Which is more authentic looking for HO scale?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.