Modell Railroad Links

Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Good morning. 34 degrees and overcast. Had a bit of rain/snow mix in the valley, but no accumulation. The mountains did get a dusting of snow.

A jelly doughnut sounds good. Black coffee also.

Curt - the building is looking sweet. I'll be waithing for an updated shot. Nice build.

Johnny - I think what Willie suggested would be the first thing to look at. I am not that familiar with Atlas snap switches as I haven't used them in decades, but they are not the highest of quality. Put a straight edge across the turnout to make sure that the rails and frog are at the same height.

Ken in VA - Sorry to hear that your cat hasn't shown up. It is amazing how you can get attached to an animal.

Terry - How are things at work with out the A hole ?

Toot - No video today ???? Hotsa matta for you. Enjoy watching them in the mornings.

Yes, it is Friday. Tonight is the last night of bowling league until next September. We are amond the four teams that will be in the roll of for the league championship. I do really enjoy the Friday night league, but after 32 weeks, it is nice to take a break for a while.

2. Default

Good morning, 55 and sunny. A couple turkeys walking under our deck this morning.

lasm

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bnsf971 View Post
    Johnny, I've had Genesis F units and Geeps that did that, and it turned out there was "something" fouling the truck sideframes, and preventing them from rotating. I would check the steps at the rear of the front truck, as well as watching closely the top edge of the truck sideframe, to see if something interferes with it.
    Hopefully, I'll have a few minutes over the weekend to compile a list and maybe some photos for you.
    Terry - thanks for those tips. I'll check this weekend. Looking forward to the list and photos.
    Johnny (aka "Raincoat2")
    The New York Central still runs!

4. Default

Good morning, peeps. 45F, and very wet outside.

-Tony

Good morning ..... Coffee and a pecan roll, please.

We attended a military funeral yesterday. The old soldier will be missed.

Lately, we have been invested with chipmunks. So, I'm trapping them and hauling them across the bridge to release them in the Land Between the Lakes where they can live peacefully until a predictor gets them.

I'm anxious to get back to the model railroad. Too much other stuff going on.

Cheers.

N 42D 45' 23.59", W 84D 35' 10.87" MSL +847

Quote Originally Posted by tootnkumin View Post
    Sounds like what is known here as a "Long drop".
    Fun fact:

Seriously, there was a gold mine in California, during the Sutters Mill gold rush days, that had a secret entrance through an outhouse.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by D&J RailRoad View Post
    Another morning and no cat at the back door waiting for breakfast.
    I remember when we had a dog run off in the middle of Anchorage, I had a sinking feeling in my stomach for days afterwards. Then, 20 or so years later, in Vermont, a cat wandered off into the woods, where fox and coyotes were too abundant.

We got lucky both times, but I know too well how it feels. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kbkchooch View Post
    Good morning gang,
    60 and raining, looking for clearing and 80 today, read that humid!

The following statement is not an endorsement of any deity, or religion, or belief system, merely an expression of relief!

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!
    RAmen!

Quote Originally Posted by Raincoat2 View Post
    Good morning, everyone. Make room in the booth for one more.
    Get off my lap!

Quote Originally Posted by montanan View Post
    It is amazing how you can get attached to an animal.
    I wouldn't say amazing, more gratifying and hopeful.

We're not the only species that can form attachments with other species; for one thing, don't ignore that our animals also form attachments with us. Then, dogs can bond with each other to the point where shelters will insist they be adopted as a pair. I've seen documentaries that show the oddest pairings: a hippo and a giant tortoise, even a lion and a deer. There was one where a zoo(?) went out of business and the rescue organization had to put a bear, a tiger and a lion together in the same enclosure. And, of course, the mutual bond between humans and canines has gone beyond being legendary.

Actually, inter-species affection is pretty commonplace. Even so, I feel a little bit of awe when I think about it. It's a real indication that we really are part of something bigger than ourselves.

Sorry. Started to get a little maudlin there.

[/lecture]

Last edited by Beady; 04-21-2017 at 08:04 AM.