Modell Railroad Links

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

1. Default

Good evening Shop Dwellers! Hope those of you who celebrate Easter had a great one, we did!

Eric - glad to see you're able to return to an almost-normal life, with trains and an excellent space for a layout.

Sherrell - nice work kitbashing that pallet into a potting bench!

Curt - glad your sister-in-law didn't have a stroke after all. Give my best wishes to Phil!

Ken in VA - sorry to hear about your back pain, hope the VA can get their **** together so the underlying problem can be corrected.

Gene - awesome model of an RDC! Luckily my industrial switching layout doesn't lend itself to passenger ops, so I'm able to resist the compulsion to buy one for myself. I rode in those a few times on the B&O Camden line.

Chet - hopefully you can keep that snow blade off your tractor at least thru August!

Dave - sorry that job of yours didn't work out, glad you were at least able to walk away from it.

It's getting too close to my bed time, sorry I don't have to reply to all of you.

I haven't really done any mrr stuff over the past two weeks because things have been so crazy around here. I've had an unrealistic deadline imposed on me at my day job, so I've been [and still will be] putting in some longer-than-normal hours at the office to get my deliverables finished on time. Had to do the usual annual maintenance work on the mower so I could get it running in time for the first mowing of the season, which I finally did on Saturday. Then there was all the usual Easter rituals.

One of my "expert" neighbors has planted the idea in SWMBO's mind that the 12,500btu window-mounted heat pump - that I use for climate control in my trainroom - is what is causing our electricity bill to be as high as it is. I've already put it on a timer-switch so it only runs between 2pm and 12:00am each day. Now she's saying it should only be running when I am physically occupying the trainroom! She still doesn't comprehend that nothing can instantly change the temperatue/humidity level of a 4500 cubic-foot space at the flick of a switch! *sigh*
    Last edited by CSX_road_slug; 04-16-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    - ken in Maryland

Never let a Rainy Day go to waste!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CSX_road_slug View Post
    Good evening Shop Dwellers! Hope those of you who celebrate Easter had a great one, we did!

Eric - glad to see you're able to return to an almost-normal life, with trains and an excellent space for a layout.

Sherrell - nice work kitbashing that pallet into a potting bench!

Curt - glad your sister-in-law didn't have a stroke after all. Give my best wishes to Phil!

Ken in VA - sorry to hear about your back pain, hope the VA can get their **** together so the underlying problem can be corrected.

Gene - awesome model of an RDC! Luckily my industrial switching layout doesn't lend itself to passenger ops, so I'm able to resist the compulsion to buy one for myself. I rode in those a few times on the B&O Camden line.

Chet - hopefully you can keep that snow blade off your tractor at least thru August!

Dave - sorry that job of yours didn't work out, glad you were at least able to walk away from it.

It's getting too close to my bed time, sorry I don't have to reply to all of you.

I haven't really done any mrr stuff over the past two weeks because things have been so crazy around here. I've had an unrealistic deadline imposed on me at my day job, so I've been [and still will be] putting in some longer-than-normal hours at the office to get my deliverables finished on time. Had to do the usual annual maintenance work on the mower so I could get it running in time for the first mowing of the season, which I finally did on Saturday. Then there was all the usual Easter rituals.

One of my "expert" neighbors has planted the idea in SWMBO's mind that the 12,500btu window-mounted heat pump - that I use for climate control in my trainroom - is what is causing our electricity bill to be as high as it is. I've already put it on a timer-switch so it only runs between 2pm and 12:00am each day. Now she's saying it should only be running when I am physically occupying the trainroom! She still doesn't comprehend that nothing can instantly change the temperatue/humidity level of a 4500 cubic-foot space at the flick of a switch! *sigh*
    I'm not entirely sure what you are calling a "window-mounted heat pump"? Are you are referring to a window a/c unit ?
    If you have an outlet for the drain -- try getting a dehumidifier. I had a portable unit in my basement in K.C and it ran a continious stream of water. It made a ton of difference in the ability to withstand the high temp humidity there. I never noticed the walls feeling damp and I believe it lowered the amount of time the A/C had to run.
    Sherrel
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive!

N 42D 45' 23.59", W 84D 35' 10.87" MSL +847

Quote Originally Posted by L&N Castle View Post
    Beady, I wasn't witnessing for my religion or anyone else's so if my reply offended anyone here,I'm sorry,that was not my intent. If it bothered you,I'm sorry,and I won't do that again. I guess I got carried away, and said something I shouldn't have. Forgive me. William.
    Not a problem, really. All I ask is that you realize that there are people out here whose non-Christianity is as much a part of them as your Christianity is a part of you. If it's proper for you to proclaim in this forum that "He is risen!" then it's proper for me to respond in this forum with "Prove it!" or for a Muslim with "There is no god but Allah!" and so on.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

I put the bridge all the way together. Now what colors to throw at it????

My airbrush and equipment probably won't be here for at least a week so there ain't no rush. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0985.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	61364

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seems the link to the new place got missed, so here it is http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...112#post449112
    CONVICTED SERIAL KIDDER

I'm lost. I've gone to look for me. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.