Modell Railroad Links

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

I've also had trouble with the Digital Archive as of late. Sometimes it will let me go through an issue without trouble then at other times it will let me get in a ways and then all of a sudden the pages will show a little symbol up in the left hand corner and I will not be able to get any farther. I've complained several times about this happening and never get a response from Model Railroader!
    Mark D.

Opinions given are my own and not meant to ruffle any feathers.
    Northern Pacific, really terrific!

I was finally able to worm through a couple more issues of the 1989 issues of M.R. They where the May and June issues. The May issue was memorable for me as this was the issue highlighting Harry Brunks Union Central and Northern Layout. This layout is based on the Colorado and Southern's narrow gauge Clear Creek Line. A portion of this line still exists in Colorado as the Georgetown loop railway. On my way to ride the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge, I passed by the Argo Mill in Idaho Springs and the Georgetown loop, on my way to Grand Junction. It was neat to see these towns and things in real life. I remember pouring over Harry's layout plan, attempting to follow his main line. Harry Brunk became a huge influence on my modeling and my layout. It's my understanding this layout still exists, somewhere in Cheyenne Wyoming. I 70 follows along much of the old C&S through Idaho Springs, Georgetown, Silver Plume and then passing through the Eisenhower Tunnel.
    Last edited by NP2626; 06-13-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    Mark D.

Certainly other modelers have Landmark layouts that they consider to be very influential to the design and scenicing of their own layouts. What where yours?
    Mark D.

Harry Clarks Indian River Valley. Scenery!!!! Hand made trees. Hundreds of them! Old Herron video.

I've completed the 1980s I found the December 1989 issue of MR to include a review of few of PBL's Sn3 locomotives that I want to read and there was also an article by Tony Koester on building turnouts.
    Mark D.

So, the last post I made here was on June 20th. I have looked over 4 issues from 1990 and not found much that jumped out at me. I do see videos by Allen Keller advertised by Model Railroader. I guess until recently I did not realize that this was a Kalmbach operation. I always wanted to buy a couple of these videos. Now I can see them on MR Video Plus. I will be continuing on with my perusal of Model Railroader Magazines on into the 90s and possibly into the 2000.
    Last edited by NP2626; 09-21-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Mark D.