Modell Railroad Links

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

Justin - That's a nice kit. I almost got it but after measuring the footprint of the structures, it was just a tad too large to fit into the space that I wanted to put it in. Take your time painting it and you should have an outstanding group of buildings.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by montanan View Post
    Justin - That's a nice kit. I almost got it but after measuring the footprint of the structures, it was just a tad too large to fit into the space that I wanted to put it in. Take your time painting it and you should have an outstanding group of buildings.
    That's the one part I dread the most....Painting it. I plan to go slowly with the painting. The sand tower turned out pretty good. I may find myself back at my LHS to get some different colors to add in.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
    Justin

Justin - Painting all of the windows is what really takes time and patience. The buildings in the back of this photo behind the freight station is the original Merchants Row 1, which was cast resin. The merchants row buildings are the five to the left, the last one on the right is a DPM kit. They really can give the feeling of a small town. I still haven't put up any window shades or signs and this kit is well over 20 years. Can I procrastinate or what.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0126_BURST002.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	789.8 KB 
ID:	60642

Quote Originally Posted by Raincoat2 View Post
    All - Tony and I were dialoging by PM. My earlier comments were just sort of a verbal "drool" since the loco bears NYCentral logo. That's the part of the country I'm modeling: New England and New York. But I'm modeling the diesel era and really not interested in steam. So I'm out regarding that ebay deal. Nice train, though.

Johnny
    Have you thought about the Boston & Maine ????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boston-and-maine-railroad-map.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	60643

Chet - our layout models a fictional blend of the NY Central, which was in operation from 1831-1968, and the Vermont Railway (1964-present), with probably a tip o' the hat to the New England Central. That covers the geographic area and the time frame I want, and I'm particularly focusing on the transition era (50's to late 60's), which I believe you model yourself. New York Central connects much of New England with Illinois and all points in the north central US in between. I wasn't familiar with Boston & Maine, but the map shows it to be too far east for my liking
    Thanks.
    Johnny

There were so many railroads serving the north east, freelancing is a good solution. You could have power from numerous railroads show up on your railroad and even possibly custom paint some locomotives for a fictional railroad of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by montanan View Post
    There were so many railroads serving the north east, freelancing is a good solution. You could have power from numerous railroads show up on your railroad and even possibly custom paint some locomotives for a fictional railroad of your own.
    I've thought a little bit about custom painting a loco and creating our own railroad, but right now that's pretty far out there for a new guy like me. I'll be satisfied just to have a selection of NYC and Vermont locos and rolling stock, with a few things from other lines around the US.
    Johnny

8. Default

OK everybody, let's just move now while we're all still awake. New Place:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/f...hop-LXII/page2

Willie